DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

LorraMine, the 1/50 French open-cast mine. Options · View
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 9:01:55 AM
Groups: Member

GC1,

That sounds like a sensible option, but wait (a little) and see!

Regards.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:53:30 PM

Guy the anticipation is killing us.

Wile E Coyote I have bomb/ diecast sniffing dogs here you know that and if it is diecast they immediately come and alert me, if it is tnt they know enough to take all diecast items from the home to the bomb shelter, just give me a day or so with the insurance company, there are a lot of items I need from DHS. Please just don’t use the Acme TNT Co., from what I hear it does not always work, and I need all the insurance money I can get to increase my collection. My wife scanned your last post “a couple of worn out RI Reds”. You may be going to a sit down with one angry Red and boy is she tough.

The RI Road Runner “Beep Beep”
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:44:08 PM

[quote=Exkvate3140]Guy the anticipation is killing us.

Wile E Coyote I have bomb/ diecast sniffing dogs here you know that and if it is diecast they immediately come and alert me, if it is tnt they know enough to take all diecast items from the home to the bomb shelter, just give me a day or so with the insurance company, there are a lot of items I need from DHS. Please just don’t use the Acme TNT Co., from what I hear it does not always work, and I need all the insurance money I can get to increase my collection. My wife scanned your last post “a couple of worn out RI Reds”. You may be going to a sit down with one angry Red and boy is she tough.

The RI Road Runner “Beep Beep”[/quote

A "Rhode Island Red" is a chicken. Don't you know that?
groundedpilot
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:45:35 PM

GuyM wrote:
Claus wrote:
[...] I didn't know that loader was resin built. Thank you for the info [...]

Claus,

I think that you misread my previous message: "In fact, that's a too long exposure to the sun which damaged the resin-made LeTourneau bucket. That should be soon repaired"

The LeTourneau wheeled loader is not in resin but in metal, except for its bucket. Why is that, we don't know.

I hope it helps.
Guy

Hello Guy,

I might be able to give you an answer about the last sentance of your post....

A few years ago, I had the oportunity to visit the ASAM factory and talk to Alan Smith himself. I made the same remark about the material used for the buckets and bed loads from dumpers.
He told me that due to the weight of these parts made our of metal, it would be to heavy for the hydraulic cylinders to support when an arm would be maintained lifted.
So the reason to make these parts out of resin.

Greg

gabugman
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 12:09:47 AM

That's a gift for the 20000+ visitors of this subject since I first began to re-post the LorraMine topic in DHS Forum, 50 days ago: many thanks to all regular and episodic visitors and for your interest in the subject!
As I have reached already 75% of the original post now in this forum, we have decided with Denis, to reduce from now on both the frequency (it's going to be every 2 days instead of daily) and number of pictures posted each time: that should give him some time to speed-up posting in the French Forum so that he stays ahead and provides me with regular news on LorraMine.

Regards.
Guy[/quote]

Guy,

Thanks for your dedication to making this post happen. I think I can speak for everyone in saying we appreciate all your work and diligence in sharing this awesome en devour. Thank Denis for us and please keep up the great work!

Bug

ITW Security
GuyM
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 7:25:27 AM

groundedpilot wrote:
[...] A few years ago, I had the oportunity to visit the ASAM factory and talk to Alan Smith himself. I made the same remark about the material used for the buckets and bed loads from dumpers.
He told me that due to the weight of these parts made our of metal, it would be to heavy for the hydraulic cylinders to support when an arm would be maintained lifted.
So the reason to make these parts out of resin [...]

Greg,

Many thanks for your explanation: that makes sense.

I have received a clarification from Denis on his way of keeping a loaded bucket in high position. It is as follows: "To keep the bucket loaded in high position, I use a trick that can be used for all kinds of loaders and excavators. I have a bunch of telescopic antennas from old radio sets, providing sections of various diameters. I select one section which diameter is slightly larger than the ram section and cut it to the length corresponding to the elevation I want to achieve. Then I cut it lengthwise so it can be easily fitted around the ram and I just hide the cut. The ram head comes to rest on the antenna section and the ram cannot retract anymore.
Don't forget to do the same on both rams to avoid twisting the structure
":

"It's a pity that A. Smith didn't select on his LeTourneau to use a blocking screw on each cylinder head, as most of models have these days. See for example the ram blocking system on the Caterpillar 5090FS mining excavator":

Regards.
Guy

Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 9:11:45 PM

Quinella The Rhode Island Red is a rooster not a chicken. A chicken is what you eat from The Colonel or is that pigeon. Anyway get your birds right.
Steve from RI
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 10:43:03 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Quinella The Rhode Island Red is a rooster not a chicken. A chicken is what you eat from The Colonel or is that pigeon. Anyway get your birds right.
Steve from RI

The Rhode Island Red is an American breed of domestic chicken. It was developed in the late nineteenth century in Massachusetts and Rhode Island by cross-breeding birds of Oriental origin such as the Malay with brown Leghorn birds from Italy.

My daughter has a dozen of them. Anyway, a rooster is a chicken dip stick.
GuyM
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 5:46:47 AM

GC1 wrote:
You got a Drone in there Guy??

... And the winner is...

...GC1!!!!

To be continued.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 5:55:11 AM

Back on the ground with the 9800 mining crane transport leaving LorraMine main site:

Regards.
Guy
JoeE
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 7:26:53 AM

Quinella wrote:
Exkvate3140 wrote:
Steve from RI

The Rhode Island Red is an American breed of domestic chicken. It was developed in the late nineteenth century in Massachusetts and Rhode Island by cross-breeding birds of Oriental origin such as the Malay with brown Leghorn birds from Italy.

My daughter has a dozen of them. Anyway, a rooster is a chicken dip stick.

We had RI Reds as well when i was a kid. Great egg layers. Lay brown eggs.
Or at least ours did.

We rally round the family, with a pocket full of shells.....
Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 4:21:27 PM

Quinella I didn’t think you knew how to use google, I was wrong.
RI Rooster
Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 4:23:31 PM

Guy that is great, hopefully we will be seeing a lot more aerial views with their new toy.
Steve
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 6:11:15 AM

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 6:22:37 AM

While the Liebherr 9800 is transported away, a brand new Caterpillar 6020B mining excavator is moved to the quarry face:

LorraMine contracted sometime ago a consultant to improve their visual identity. He came back with this end result:

Some stickers have been dispatched on site to see if it fits:

Regards.
Guy

GuyM
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 6:31:33 AM

The International hooklift truck is back, bringing 2 empty dump bodies this time:

Regards.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 11:15:24 AM

Guy finally we are seeing pick ups that were in the wrong place at the wrong time, I hope no one was injured. That Conrad International looks great. The new company logo stickers look great on the Liebheer hoe. Sell them on-line and raise money for the many of us who are affected by that disease in which we buy tiny models of construction equipment and trucks and can’t stop. In fact there is a old man in NC who has been trying to retire for over a year now and we still find him creeping on the forum. Maybe we can send the first donations his way so he can purchase a Boston Whaler and go fishing.
Guy as usual great shots and narrative, will the pick up be totaled or will it go to the shop to get a new life.
Thanks
Steve
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 12:23:23 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Guy finally we are seeing pick ups that were in the wrong place at the wrong time, I hope no one was injured. [...]

Steve,

Good point. There was a car crash recently and the vehicle was carried back to the entrance (bottom circle), where it is now used for some road safety training:

I'll come back on the accident in the coming posts, together with some mine main building improvements, which can be seen in the upper circle.

Regards.
Guy

Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 2:00:07 PM

Guy they needed a crane to get HVAC and satellite on the roof, and just in time for the Super Bowl. Will they have a Super Bowl party up in the conference room for all mine employees and maybe see our New England Patriots win another one.
Steve
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 2:21:17 PM

Steve,

We, in Europe, are not very fond of base-ball game, even if there are a few teams playing that game, but, as far as I know, there is no major European competition for it: so nothing is planned at the mine conference room on the Superbowl evening.
European people generally prefer soccer, rugby and basket-ball, just to name a few sports games.

I hope it helps.
Guy