DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

LorraMine, the 1/50 French open-cast mine. Options · View
Mister Andersson
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2022 3:07:30 PM
Groups: Member

Thanx a lot Guy for the nice comparison
of the Acco, Komatsu and Cat bulldozers.
GuyM
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2022 4:46:40 AM

GuyM wrote:
Denis encountered a very bad experience when his Belaz dumper (originally built by Miniatures du Faubourg - France) fell down from its work bench where it was stored and literally "exploded" all over the room {...]

Rebuilding operations of the Belaz dumper:

To be continued.
Guy

GuyM
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2022 4:50:00 AM

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2022 4:58:25 AM

The huge dumper on its way back to work with some minor equipment still missing (front stairs access ladder, for example):

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2022 5:35:14 AM

Having completed the rebuilding of the dumper, LorraMine maintenance staff are back to their routine duties and dismantling/scraping operations of the damaged Demag H 485 S shovel is about to begin:

Regards.
Guy
Jamiescotland
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2022 6:30:31 AM

Superb rust finish there!
GuyM
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2022 1:10:25 PM

The cab is stored on a wood pallet for later dismantling and, at the end of the day shift, the heavily rusted bucket is loaded on a low bed semi for its last trip to Jamieson Scrap in Scotland: http://www.jamiesonsscrap.co.uk/ ):

Regards.
Guy
Pascal73
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2022 9:17:53 AM

Guy, ne crois-tu pas que les amateurs de Lorramine ne sont pas capables, s'ils veulent suivre ce sujet de s'abonner au forum français? Pour avoir partager beaucoup de mes photos sur les pages FaceBook, je mets le lien et les gars y vont directement. Et ça permettrait un échange direct, après tous nous ne sommes pas plus cons que les anglo-saxons, quand on aime un sujet on y va directement.
Bonne journée.

www.ec1000.net
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2022 10:15:41 AM

Pascal73 wrote:
Guy, ne crois-tu pas que les amateurs de Lorramine ne sont pas capables, s'ils veulent suivre ce sujet de s'abonner au forum français? Pour avoir partager beaucoup de mes photos sur les pages FaceBook, je mets le lien et les gars y vont directement. Et ça permettrait un échange direct, après tous nous ne sommes pas plus cons que les anglo-saxons, quand on aime un sujet on y va directement.
Bonne journée.

Pascal,

Il y a quelques temps, j'ai proposé à Denis de poster son sujet sur DHS Diecast, il en semble satisfait à ce jour. Pour preuve, un extrait de son mail d'Octobre dernier: [...] Nos amis Américains auront la primeur de visionner les photos, d'ailleurs je trouve que ces derniers sont bien plus passionnés que les abonnés du forum français... du moins pour ce qui en est du mining [...]l

C'est donc à lui de décider quand ces posts cesseront... Et je ne crois pas que tous les membres de ce forum iraient sur le forum français pour suivre ce sujet!

Cordialement.
Guy

Pascal,

Some time ago, I offered Denis to post his topic on DHS Diecast, he seems to be happy with it so far. See an abstract of his October 2022 e.mail: [...] Our American friends will be first to see these pictures. I think that these ones are more passionate than French forum members ... as far as mining topics are concerned, at least [...]

It is up to him to decide when these posts will stop... And I don't think that all members of this forum will go onto the French forum to follow the LorraMine topic.

Regards.
Guy
Quinella
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2022 11:48:45 AM

I for one love these Lora Mine posts. The work is superb. The models are unreal. Everything looks realistic. The time associated with the building of this project in beyond the pale. Keep it up. CAW
Jamiescotland
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2022 1:58:55 PM

Me too, love to see this superb diorama here - I am not on Facebook and I don't subscribe to any other model forums or websites, and I don't want to. Keep the photos coming Guy and keep us entertained. Pascal is not speaking for me or Quinella. Pascal, why don't you post something constructive and positive, and show us some of your lovely models!
Pascal73
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2022 3:57:30 PM

Jamiescotland wrote:
Pascal, why don't you post something constructive and positive, and show us some of your lovely models!

Je soumets juste un avis, pour avoir pas mal contribué depuis quelques années indirectement au projet (et avoir aussi mis des photos dans le sujet français). J'ai aussi le droit de penser que le monde anglophone peut aussi visiter d'autres forums et s'ouvrir aux autres.
Pour ce qui est de mes contributions, c'est ici http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=139339

Bonne journée.

www.ec1000.net
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 10:58:01 AM

Meanwhile, the mine O&K RH 340 is driven back to the workshop for some maintenance:

It looks like there is some headroom problem with the excavator reversing on its Sleipner bogie at the workshop entrance:

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 5:54:59 AM

Outside LorraMine workshops, Demag shovel dismantling operations are progressing and first removed items are loaded onto flatbeds:

Regards.
Guy

Alberta Millwright
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 1:01:27 PM

Always amazing to see these pictures. The work that has gone into these scenes are incredible. Thanks for posting them.

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
GuyM
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2022 5:36:10 AM

On the mining site, some cheap improvements(*) are experimented:

Note (*) red ribbons, hanging from the P&H mining shovel, indicate to newly-recruited dumper drivers, where they should position themselves to avoid further back and forth adjustments, when being loaded by the 4100 XPC unit.

Regards.
Guy

Paul R
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2022 6:25:33 AM

Great photos again! I really like this thread.

Paul R
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2022 2:44:56 PM

I am so happy this is being posted again! The amount of detail and attention to the detail is amazing.

Can we please see another shot of the overview?
denis chery
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2022 3:42:13 PM

Hello
I finally registered but it's still Guy will ensure the publication of the photos because I am not a "world champion" in this field.
As for the written correspondence I will be able to participate but with the use of the Google translator because sorry, I do not speak English.

Thank you for your interest in Lorramine. As guy told you, these past 2 years I didn't have enough time to d+++++e to the diorama, but now I will have more free time.
I recently started browsing your forum and was impressed by the first topic I saw, Paul's!
The models are superb and the quality of the photos is remarkable! I will continue to view the other subjects, but it will take me time because I am way behind...
I also want to tell you that the atmosphere on your forum is very friendly. It's true that attendance has decreased, as on all forums, but the guys who stayed are real enthusiasts.
Yes I will be happy to take another overall photo that I will send to Guy
Goodbye
opray
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2022 11:01:17 AM

I haven’t commented on this forum for years, however this thread is simply incredible the level of detail and work that has gone into this is unbelievable. I look forward to the new updates but I also go back over the previous posts and marvel at them once again.