DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Anyone recall the CMM Pantera or Ranger track drill 1:50 scale ? Options · View
digggerr
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2020 10:04:30 AM
Groups: Member

mkdco wrote:
Thank you Digger , The fact is I pushed Bayshore for it to be created and even though some of my initial design and proto type work was there, it was not up to par with them early on as I do this for the love of the hobby and I am no engineer lol and they went in a different direction , but either way I was ecstatic it was created at all and whoever took the ball and ran with it, I purchased one of the runs to support the project by first gear and is now in my collection and now many other collectors as well which was my goal in the first place.

Regardless of how it actually came to fruition, I feel it is important to remind the community of who it was that spearheaded the project all those years ago!

modelmaniac wrote:
Do you know if he worked from paperwork,(pics,tech drawings etc)or did he actually own,or drive the 1/1 machine?

Yes, he worked from factory blueprints, schematics, etc.. I still have those photographs somewhere but little time to search for them. Perhaps I can locate them in the next months and get Mr. Wheeler to put them up here for all to see.

Then again, I'll probably be banned for years when Chuck reads my reply to his post...