DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:40:33 PM

Groups: Member

I just want to try something a bit different to the norm,instead of me posting 10's of different threads of my models new and old i was thinking of having an "account" like thread, where it does what it says on the tin,any new purchase will just keep getting posted in this thread,maybe it'll work maybe it won't,
so to kick things off is my last posted thread

Cadzow Scania 143 450 and 3+5 axle goldhofer

this Sandvik crusher fits the Goldhofer like a glove!!!

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

renaultman
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:46:36 PM

That is sweet.

Homer
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:57:56 PM

Wow what a model, that really is impressive! That scania looks very heavy, not much plastic used there i'd say? I love that goldhofer too, looks great with the big sandvik!

Noel.
Remko
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:25:17 PM

Graham, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you can set the conveyer belt of the Sandvik in various positions, is that true?

Remko

Ocean Traders Scale Models Facebook Group
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:28:58 PM

thats correct Remko,i see you're doing your homework before you splash out Teeth

yep there's 4 different height settings

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

ulf
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:55:49 PM

Homer wrote:
That scania looks very heavy, not much plastic used there i'd say?

You often hear something similar at Ulf Construction, "That D11 doesn't look heavy, let's use the RT..." Cool
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:03:59 PM

health and safety at Ulf Construction is paper sleeves around the coffee cups so as not to scald your hand Liar Liar Liar

Just get a Sharpie and add an extra "0" to the RT model number,instantly upping its capacity Teeth Teeth

bigcranes
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 1:07:26 AM

Beautiful models! I like the post, it gives me a real good idea about the size of that crusher since I have that trailer.

Thanks,
Mark
Now if I can just get over the 76usd shipping for the crusher from sandvik!

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
Homer
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 10:59:13 AM

Good idea starting a model "account" type thread of your own, maybe we all should do it.... you must be planning on buying a lot more in the near future!!

Noel.
Paul R
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 12:38:37 PM

Homer wrote:
Good idea starting a model "account" type thread of your own, maybe we all should do it.... you must be planning on buying a lot more in the near future!!

Well, it is a good idea and there are already a couple of us doing it, even though it is currently model or manufacturer specific:

Remko

and just in case you missed it Wink, there is mine: WSI Models

Now all you gotta do is start your own Smile

Paul R

GusO
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 1:47:36 PM

nice one dude , this is a great model you will have to get the conrad merc titan as well i bought 2 of them for push and pull purposes, when i posted pics of that scania awhile back it got slated for the goldhofer trailer seemingly they did not have one,but that seems to be the norm now so who gives a s*** ,as i said this is one of the finest hh models there is.
regards gus
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:37:10 PM

Bingo Paul,i think its much better than having 20 threads scattered throughout the depts of dhs,plus its a good way of keeping your new items up to date and people can see your collection grow as appose to whackin up 1000 pics in one go

Gus,i was well chuffed with her,the Scania is a beaut and the goldhofer trailer is pretty damn tasty and extends to an unreal lenght,perfect for UHD rigs and abnormal loads like kilns and trommels

yeah i think i may plunge for the merc version now,i wasn't too keen on it when it appeared as the mammoet version seemed to me to be better,I know they've different trailers,but how and ever,i'm going fo rthe credit card again!!!!Sad lol

gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 10:47:41 PM

ok here's some more,a few of my older posts

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 12:28:27 PM

brothers separated at birth,re-united at my house..

nooteboom Scania

and my Blue Crew

RowanH
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 12:46:49 PM

Very jealous of that CAT 375.... and well pretty much everything else you have there!

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

ajf
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 12:53:14 PM

Some very nice models there, especially that Cadzow.
Nice loads too, I keep buying the trucks then can't afford the loads. lol
Is that the Sword unit with the loco on?

Andrew

My pbase photo galleries
Vintage Transport photos
British Locomotives
My Heavy Haulage Models New Heavy Haulage an Construction added.
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 12:58:18 PM

and just to show i'm a sucker for the dirt side too,thanks to Gaz e485 my pride and joy

CAT 375LME

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:01:04 PM

Andrew,yep thats the Sword pete and 3x3x3,the load is a tad over capacity,i think that Loco weights in about 120/130tons but i love it too,the detail is on a par with any top decast HH or Crane maker,I will be adding more Locos too,thats a dummy version too,it has no motor and is about half the price of a powered unit

Homer
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:05:28 PM

Thats a super collection you have there graham, its about time you took a few pics of the blue crew all together! Wink I also like that franz bracht ac1600, oh and the hydraulic lines on the big Cat are cool! Cool

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:14:04 PM

anything i done on that CAT was inspired by Gaz e485,who supplied the boom and stick,he does smashing work,and is now in the custom market,I have a monster LeBounty shears coming,to suit a 110 to 300 ton machine