Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
janh
Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 7:48:23 PM

Groups: Member

gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 8:04:57 PM

see finished and on ebay already!! lol

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

bigcranes
Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 6:29:43 AM

Very nice project! Can't wait to see the end result.

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
GusO
Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 10:52:14 AM

excellent dude
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:41:41 PM

so postie arrived today with a big box,a box that had a Felbermayr LG1750 inside,and might i add holy moly what an imposing piece!!

sadly though lugs on the wheel mounts of the second steering axle were broken,allowing both wheels on the 2nd axle to turn independant of each other,
does anyone have an email address for the conrad customer service dept,i have already emailed the party i bought the model off

anyone else come across this problem before?

pics of the offending part

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

bigcranes
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:27:03 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
so postie arrived today with a big box,a box that had a Felbermayr LG1750 inside,and might i add holy moly what an imposing piece!!

sadly though lugs on the wheel mounts of the second steering axle were broken,allowing both wheels on the 2nd axle to turn independant of each other,
does anyone have an email address for the conrad customer service dept,i have already emailed the party i bought the model off

anyone else come across this problem before?

While I am sure that you are disappointed,

I would return that puppy and have seller send you a different one. It just doesn't sound like an easy part for Conrad to hurry up and send you, so let it be the seller's issue.

Goodluck to you,
Mark

Mark L.

Homer
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:37:17 PM

Bummer Sad I agree with mark i'd pack it up and send it back, Its way too expensive a model to be messing around with yourself and it could be months before conrad do send you the parts if they even can at all.

This was obviously not damage caused by shipping, it is a fault in the manufacture so your dealer has to sort it out with conrad. If you contact your supplier they should arrange to have it picked up from you, the liebherr shop did that for me before with a dodgy ltm1300 i got off them! Hope everything works out! Smile

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:42:05 PM

fear not as i am possibly one of the most impatient people to walk the earth,some loctite 406,watch makers screw driver,needle file and a recently born parts bin,turns out the wheel mountings from a 4 axle conrad mixer chassis are the same as the LG wheel mounts,a very nervous few minutes later (carefull not to break the new mountings) i stripped an axle from the mixer chassis,recovered the wheel mountings and built up my LG axle,now just to pop the wheels back on and fit to crane,heart in mouth moments as some of the lugs are not even 1mm thick and plastic!!!!

and as late comedian Tommy Cooper said "Just like that.."

she's back on the road,about 1hour downtime, anyone wanna hire a 1/50 plant fitter??? will only accept 1/1 payTeeth

gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:47:25 PM

its all happening!!!! i can't post pics now because my PC has contracted a virus,whip-dee-do

transtechnic
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:55:42 PM

Evening Graham,,congrats on the LG..HE WHO DARES WINSTeeth Teeth..that situation would have been worthy of a 1/50 dio with 1/50 you showing the preiser 1/50 liebher mechanics how to improvise :d/ Whistle Whistle..wouldn't put that JOB on the LG'S service log Whatever Whatever...i think her warrenty has been invalidated =>:-< d'oh! d'oh!..well done. Teethregards.
Aubrey.

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:59:19 PM

funny coz the parts came off a MAN 8 wheeled mixer chassis,I know in real life Liebherr engines are copies of MAN diesels with a slight modification but who knew the wheel mounts would be a match Teeth Teeth

now i'm off to audition for a new series of MacGyver

Homer
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 7:05:58 PM

Well done graham, hopefully your handy work will hold up when she gets out on the 'great' Irish roads! Wink Dont want to loose your new part in a pot hole now!!

Noel.
bigcranes
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 8:33:27 PM

Glad you sorted that out Graham, now go have some fun! How many pints of line are you gonna put on that big hook block?Teeth I think it will go 46?

regards,
Mark

Mark L.

gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 8:38:57 PM

well i'll go full house with her,but sadly i don't have the room so as of now she's in roading mode,also contemplating a full brass pully set up,and maybe some pieces from mkaman too,he does tasty work Drool Drool

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 2:14:17 PM

pc fixed,new cam memory card so its pic time

1/1
http://www.kranmodellbau.net/lg1750_felbermayr_seite1.htm

1/50

also bobble head Mr.T watching over

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 2:16:41 PM

also some great news from the people i bought my LG from,new axle being shipped Monday!!

Paul R
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 4:57:56 PM

With all this blue magic flying around, I just had to join in Teeth

I now have some decals to try and match the real machine a little closer - license plate etc..

Unfortunately it is back in the attic now Sad

Paul R
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 5:07:06 PM

you done some fine detailing paul? wheels and hubs,front bumper and cab steps too and detailed tail lights

was thinking of doing the wheels myself

Paul R
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 5:12:01 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
you done some fine detailing paul? wheels and hubs,front bumper and cab steps too and detailed tail lights

was thinking of doing the wheels myself

Hoped you might notice Wink For the sake of 5 minutes work, I think it makes a big difference.

Paul R
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 5:15:59 PM

yeah,it makes a big difference indeed,all for the sake of 3 or 4 colours,

thats where i feel NZG has the edge over conrad,and also i heard the Felbermayr had no input into the two 1750's they just gave the go ahead to conrad,hense they look very similar but not as good as the real thing,still though can't wait to set her up