DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
[[ Jules ]]
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 5:25:51 PM

Groups: Member

i like it with the chrome looking rims Paul, wish i had my LG setup still but no, damn CW tray had to give out and put the whole crane kaput!

xoxo Jules
Paul R
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 5:59:55 PM

[[ Jules wrote:
] ]i like it with the chrome looking rims Paul, wish i had my LG setup still but no, damn CW tray had to give out and put the whole crane kaput!

Yes, I feel for you on that deal. I just hope it gets sorted sooner rather than later.

Paul R
bigcranes
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 7:12:05 PM

Just watch your boom length and angles, I do not trust that "snap connection" where the car body meets the carrier and much as a bolt! You will not see me maxing out one of those designs unless I can devise a catch for it.
Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
[[ Jules ]]
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 7:19:59 PM

you talking about those 2 plastic pieces that snap into place from being spring loaded? yeah mine ripped out of the carrier when it came crashing down last night and now it wont stay into place, thats gonna have to be replaced!

xoxo Jules
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 7:29:50 PM

just looking at the upper structure,there looks to be a plastic plug blocking off a hole,and on the carrier there's a hole too,just wondering there would it be possible to tap the hole in the carrier M8 ( don't know the imperial size equivilant to 8mm) and use a cap screw to hold the upper structure to the carrier???? Think Think Think

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Homer
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 8:55:41 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
just looking at the upper structure,there looks to be a plastic plug blocking off a hole,and on the carrier there's a hole too,just wondering there would it be possible to tap the hole in the carrier M8 ( don't know the imperial size equivilant to 8mm) and use a cap screw to hold the upper structure to the carrier???? Think Think Think

Sounds like another highly technical job for graham macgyver!! lol Teeth

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 4:29:39 PM

I'd be lying if I said my MAmmoet LTM 11200 didn't arrive this morning and I wasn't chuffed to bits with it,

What a work of art!!!!!!

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

transtechnic
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 4:47:31 PM

Congrats grahemApplause Applause..,EIRE-4
Aubrey.Teeth

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
Antho
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 8:06:44 PM

Graham, you HAVE to show me that lol
Homer
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 9:48:55 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
I'd be lying if I said my MAmmoet LTM 11200 didn't arrive this morning and I wasn't chuffed to bits with it,

What a work of art!!!!!!

Excellent, you wont be able to enjoy your work xmas party now tonight knowing that baby is at home waiting to be examined and assembled! Oh, mind you dont trip over it later tonight when you come home full to the neck with drink!! Teeth

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 4:55:59 PM

alot of people associate cranes with cookies on here,but has anyone actually recieved a cookie from the people they bought a crane from???? Last Monday I confirmed the correct axle for my LG1750 which was damaged I suspect due to packaging,an envelope arrived in work exactly 7 days later with said axle coupled with a very tastey chocolate ginger treat

Homer
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 7:42:26 PM

Haha thats conrad trying to sweeten you up again and get back in your good books after supplying you with a damaged model! Bet it worked too!! Teeth

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 3:31:45 PM

lol It wasn't Conrad either

on a different note,this passed me by on the way home from work,must be off to the paint shop Think Think

wonder when they'll have her ready for the road Think Think Teeth

gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 9:04:39 PM

my humble Mammoet Fleet minus the 11200

gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 11:50:20 PM

got th ebig Corolla in gear this morning and head down to Aylwards yard to meet up with the guys from the Diecast capital of the world

took some great pics,got upclose and personal with the cat 385 and 365 and vovlo ec700,great!!!!

also got snaps of Aylwards rigs,beautiful looking!!! a big thanks to them for allowing us in and snoop around

I came away with probably the 3rd last YCC Sarens LTM1800 Luffer and Derrick set,to those involved in securing me these i thank you!!!

i hope to post a few more photos of machine that i didn't snap Teeth Teeth Teeth and that guy knows who he is too Teeth Wink

GusO
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 10:13:47 AM

1 down 3 to go it is defently the sarens jib capitol of the world
good day had by allTeeth
Homer
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 11:36:40 AM

Haha the diecast capital of the world and sarens jib set capital of the world.. what a proud legacy and heritage this county has!! Teeth

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:25:32 PM

pc fixed-ish so pics i took while the country had ground to a halt due to about 5cm of snow

sarens ltm 1500 i spotted from about 1km away

some rubber ducks

getting closer,come on traffic move!!!!(they even removed some of the traffic sign so i could get a better pic Teeth )

closer

closer still

closer!!

this was as good as it got

shannon Valleys zaxis 650

and a liebherr 942

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 7:51:57 PM

some work pics

this is a big steel wheel which one of our Trommels runs on,needed replacement

new wheel + bearings and taper locks

old wheel removed

welds cracked

our Fuchs 340 loading the M&J Shreddar

View inside the trommel which the wheel is off

the touch screen control panel in the control room

cameras monitor

924 loading DMR waste

89cxsport
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 8:07:42 PM

What there was a crane in those picture all I saw was the 750, the 5 series, the A4 I believe and the Benz, just kidding nice photos.

Flickr Photostream