DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Manitowoc 31000 diecast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Options · View
bigcranes
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:56:40 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/22/2008
Posts: 2,027
Location: Maryland
Has anyone seen this!Teeth

http://www.dhsdiecast.com/shop/product_detail.cfm?product_id=8519

Should be an awesome piece

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
Formu1fan
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:47:20 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/20/2009
Posts: 497
Location: Tulsa OK
Yes Wink
http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=126628
Sounds like its gonna be an AWESOME model!Teeth Teeth

-John
bryce
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 3:18:42 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/24/2005
Posts: 452
Location: Wyoming
Okay, I will risk a flogging! Teeth

Not to be a smart***, but a true collector would never have missed this.

It was announced at the DHS open house and has been on their site since then.

Now, I know you love cranes just as much as me, so where have you been???


Oh I know, the same place I was when I missed the LTM 1070 in Sarens and the AC500 in Sarens....




Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

All kidding aside, this should be a good piece and I am quite excited about it. Rumors are that it will be about $1,900.00 so start saving.....

It is hard to keep up with everything that has been coming out lately!


Bryce


DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 8:38:47 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/2/2007
Posts: 5,954
well for $1900 ill pass.... for that price i would rather just spend the extra little bit of money and buy the PTC.... way better of a model if you ask me and im sure more detail as well
gohkleng
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 11:54:32 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/8/2007
Posts: 689
DeWoc19 wrote:
well for $1900 ill pass.... for that price i would rather just spend the extra little bit of money and buy the PTC.... way better of a model if you ask me and im sure more detail as well


How do you know that the 31000 will be lesser in detail? They have not made it yet..I used to have PTC, it has many detailed parts & huge! all come at cost. But sold it away,because jib tip touch my ceiling..
TheTWH 31000 also a huge crane, I am sure it will have a lot of details too, since it is to be made by TWH.

If you talk about details, price should not be an issue. If this type of details in many years ago, in OHS/CCM era, then it may not affordable to just anyone,only those big buck earner can afford...
cranedude07
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:03:40 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/22/2007
Posts: 5,846
Location: Louisville
Well I can't wait to get mine, I need to add another addition onto the house at the rate I'm going, I'm out of space now haha

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:39:24 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/2/2007
Posts: 5,954
gohkleng wrote:
DeWoc19 wrote:
well for $1900 ill pass.... for that price i would rather just spend the extra little bit of money and buy the PTC.... way better of a model if you ask me and im sure more detail as well


How do you know that the 31000 will be lesser in detail? They have not made it yet..I used to have PTC, it has many detailed parts & huge! all come at cost. But sold it away,because jib tip touch my ceiling..
TheTWH 31000 also a huge crane, I am sure it will have a lot of details too, since it is to be made by TWH.

If you talk about details, price should not be an issue. If this type of details in many years ago, in OHS/CCM era, then it may not affordable to just anyone,only those big buck earner can afford...


i have an 18000 and i have seen the PTC up closer and personal and im far more impressed with the PTC than the 18000

and what do you mean price hould not be an issue if you are talking about detail..... price is always the issue
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:12:35 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/1/2006
Posts: 4,063
Location: Dublin Ireland
I think the rumoured price could be in the right ball park,

if you look at the 18000 and when it was released 6 ot 7 yrs ago,it was light years ahead of anything,and wasn't a whole lot dearer than the cc8800
it wouldn't be fair to compare a model made in the last year or so to one made 7 yrs ago with regard to detail,as every year manufacturers are trying to out do each other in the detail and features department,

If i was to come into some money I would without doubt go for the 31000 over the PTC,a factor of that is I just can't stand the look of that crane,anyway... this should be a very exciting time

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

bigcranes
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:37:05 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/22/2008
Posts: 2,027
Location: Maryland
bryce wrote:
Okay, I will risk a flogging! Teeth

Not to be a smart***, but a true collector would never have missed this.

It was announced at the DHS open house and has been on their site since then.

Now, I know you love cranes just as much as me, so where have you been???


Oh I know, the same place I was when I missed the LTM 1070 in Sarens and the AC500 in Sarens....




Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

All kidding aside, this should be a good piece and I am quite excited about it. Rumors are that it will be about $1,900.00 so start saving.....

It is hard to keep up with everything that has been coming out lately!


Bryce




Wow I am a dumb a$$!Teeth I don't know how I missed that topic, regardless I want to pick one up.
It is hard to keep up, as you said, alot is coming out and alot of it is very nice. But I think that will be a definate!

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
hummer13
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:37:33 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/4/2006
Posts: 7,740
Location: arlington, Tx
Maybe our money from the presales of the 4100 is going to build the 31000? If TWH is having troubles we may not see the 31000 model for another year or so?

I for one would love to see this in model form but I am still holdig out and crossing all of my fingers for the LR13000.

JAson

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
RMS Models
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 3:46:44 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/27/2002
Posts: 4,735
Location: New Jersey
hummer13,

Manitowoc requested and is funding the model of the 31000. Not the case with the P&H 4100 XPC.

Randy M. Smolenack
RMSmodels@aol.com
randy.m.smolenack@us.army.mil
bigcranes
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 5:16:26 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/22/2008
Posts: 2,027
Location: Maryland
RMS Models wrote:
hummer13,

Manitowoc requested and is funding the model of the 31000. Not the case with the P&H 4100 XPC.

Randy M. Smolenack
RMSmodels@aol.com
randy.m.smolenack@us.army.mil


This does bring up an important point, weather the model manufacturer was contracted by the OEM to produce the model and funded by them also. Or are they going it alone, self financing the project.

I had not considered that,

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
hummer13
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 5:18:07 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/4/2006
Posts: 7,740
Location: arlington, Tx
Thanks for the clear up Randy, just a little bitter with TWh at the moment

JAsno


Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
Gaz
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 5:28:34 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/11/2008
Posts: 1,605
Location: North Wales
Yup....another MUST HAVE, model.....got plans for it already Teeth

Gaz
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 5:45:27 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/11/2007
Posts: 8,340
Location: Lincolnshire
Gaz wrote:
Yup....another MUST HAVE, model.....got plans for it already Teeth

Gaz


100% agree!
Newcrane
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 6:34:46 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/23/2009
Posts: 411
Price now set at $1,799.95
Bobm2004
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 7:37:57 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member , Moderator

Joined: 1/15/2007
Posts: 4,089
April of next year? That is pretty aggressive for such an undertaking! Any bets on actual delivery date? 80M main and 40M jib puts it at about the same height as the PTC, maybe a bit taller. Price is not all that unreasonable either. Looks like I am going to have to talk Mammoet into getting one so I can get the model and repaint it!! LOL!

Bob
Bobs Cranes

Come Over To The Lift Side . . . . . . . We Have Cookies!!!!
DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 7:47:54 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/2/2007
Posts: 5,954
will have to see pictures of the model first before deciding if its really worth it or not.... 120m of boom puts it just over 7ft tall, pretty healthy size crane.... im curious to see how well it turns out first though
CraneBrain
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 8:04:52 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2008
Posts: 534
Location: West Coast
Bobm2004 wrote:
April of next year? That is pretty aggressive for such an undertaking! Any bets on actual delivery date? 80M main and 40M jib puts it at about the same height as the PTC, maybe a bit taller. Price is not all that unreasonable either. Looks like I am going to have to talk Mammoet into getting one so I can get the model and repaint it!! LOL!


I agree about the price but I have some concerns about the model.

1) Has TWH address the "hand made brass boom" problems? Will the boom sections be twisted?

2) Have they created new winches for the crane? Unlike the ones for the 18000/16000.

3) Is the luffing jib attached by rivets like the 18000 and unable to remove without drilling?

I'd really like to know these before I purchase one (or two). I know someone from TWH surfs DHS often, Maybe he'd like to chime in?

Theres no doubt in my mind that the 31000 will be the biggest, baddest crane model ever (aside from PTC). I would just like to know if TWH has addressed the issues with their past models to improve them.

For $1,800 I would hope so. My faith is still with you TWH the 4100 series cranes are awesome! Would just like to know if the problems have been fixed!
bigcranes
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:44:05 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/22/2008
Posts: 2,027
Location: Maryland
Anyone know how much you need to put down to reserve one?? I agree that April is an agressive date to hit, but to the point the Manatowoc is paying for it, they will probably make it. This is probably why other less funded projects get delayed.

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.