DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

BYMO PC8000 photos I hadn't seen before Options · View
GC1
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:50:15 PM

Groups: Member

G10 ... Don't worry about it, we will all be in the same asylum together sucking custard through a straw with a bib of our choice (mine will have a Cookie logo on the front) ....and I couldn't think of better company to be there with.
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:59:36 PM

it is comforting to know that there are more poeple in this siduation lol,so i hear the German economy is doing well.....lol Teeth Teeth

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Huey9
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:20:40 AM

Bad couple of months coming up 3 x D9 models, 2 x 666 models,now possibly the PC8000 as well, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ woe is my bank account!!!!
RowanH
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:45:37 AM

Great to see an update on this, it looks fantastic. Yet another model I want on my shelf but don't know if I can work into the budget Sad

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

Brian C
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2010 12:58:10 PM

Hi mitchtim

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your shots of that new 8000-6 in ChileSmile

As you said,the model looks correct, but just needs those "Super Shovel" decals to finish it off.....how about some more shots of other mining equipment that you have come into contact with on your trip?

Keep the "dirt side" alive with more mining stuff!!

Regards
Brian CWink
Shovelman
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:20:57 PM

'Just saw one listed on eBay;

(photos from eBay)

I think it looks reasonably nice in the photos, but will reserve final judgement until I have one in my hands. TM & BC will be disappointed at the lack of "Super Shovel" markings, but they will be easy enough to produce and apply. It should look great paired up with the First Gear 960E.

Please use this before clicking "post"??? You may be surprised with what you see!

bigcranes
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:45:48 PM

I wonder how that fit into a lunch boxThink Think

Nice model,

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
John Warren
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:29:31 PM

Good evening,

what scale is that shovel based on???

Thanks.............

J. Warren
RowanH
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:55:43 AM

Mark, my thoughts exactly. I'd suggest that this model escaped the production factory earlier than intended and is still an early version. I would be very surprised if it didn't include the Super Shovel logos. Especially seeing that they are so prominently displayed on the placard behind the model. John, the model is in 1:50th scale.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

Brian C
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:03:13 AM

Does anyone have the link to this model on eBay?

I am keen to see what it sells for, bearing in mind the model has not been officially released yet.....or has it?Think

Thanks
mitchtim
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 11:25:04 AM

PC8000 on ebay

Mitchtim
rawima
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:27:26 PM

RowanH, no that is already one of the real models, BYMO had delivered already the first bunch of the official models to Komatsu, as I was told. The guy who offers the model calls himself komatsudennis at ebay, so he might have got a regular model there.

When all models odered by Komatsu will be delivered, the model will be available for the regular model dealers. Should be end of November, ready for Christmas.

And no I don`t know the rel price for it.

Kind Regards Rainer

Regards Rainer W. Markgraf - private collector
leo-cat
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:20:17 PM

Thanks for the info Rainer.

Holy hell, the price is already up at 396€ (560$) and the auction is still ~ 4 days away. I wanna smash my head on the table for the people bidding like that. I just don´t get it. On one hand people always argue about how expensive models are (I´m one of them xD) and on the other hand there are people that don´t seem to care a bit about money. IMO it´s exactly these people who are the reason for models beeing so expensive these days.

Leo
luxxx797
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:16:46 PM

leo-cat wrote:
Thanks for the info Rainer.

Holy hell, the price is already up at 396€ (560$) and the auction is still ~ 4 days away. I wanna smash my head on the table for the people bidding like that. I just don´t get it. On one hand people always argue about how expensive models are (I´m one of them xD) and on the other hand there are people that don´t seem to care a bit about money. IMO it´s exactly these people who are the reason for models beeing so expensive these days.

I totally agree.....Applause Applause

Andrea

Life is for crazy people

Models For Sale

FB
shakyl
Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2010 3:22:21 AM

hi guys, heres hoping that the liebherr 9800 shovel or excavator
will follow suit, of course in 1:50
thanks
shakyl (shane)
Shovelman
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 9:04:13 PM

Has anyone noticed that the "eyelets" on the stick of this model are in an unusual spot? Every photo I've seen of of the real machine has them at the "peak" of the stick's upper curvature. The model has them closer to the bucket hinge point. Does anyone have photos of a real PC8000 with the eyelets in this location?

Please use this before clicking "post"??? You may be surprised with what you see!

Greasemonkey
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 1:58:42 AM

I hadn't noticed the lifting eye position until you mentioned it, but you're right, I've never seen that setup before.

Brian
Gavin84w
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 6:27:15 AM

Looks to have another set of lifting lugs at the bottom of the stick near the bucket backboard, the 4 points would make for a nice horizontal lift during transport and installation of the stick to boom.

Remember, it is only a model and subtle things they get wrong, heck "Look at that 993K with no flanges, beadseat bands or lock rings on the out side of the wheels" you know what i,m sayin.
mayrklaus
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 4:12:25 PM

hello friends
the original machine is working in fort mc murray. the modell maker was there and has taken many pictures from the machine.i have not seen the original machines there when i was there so i can not say if it is correct but brain will know the machine because it was no machine for suncor , klemke and syncrude.

best regrads
klaus
Shovelman
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 8:00:02 PM

Gavin84w wrote:
Looks to have another set of lifting lugs at the bottom of the stick near the bucket backboard, the 4 points would make for a nice horizontal lift during transport and installation of the stick to boom.

Remember, it is only a model and subtle things they get wrong, heck "Look at that 993K with no flanges, beadseat bands or lock rings on the out side of the wheels" you know what i,m sayin.

Gavin,

You are absolutely correct. I went back and looked at the photos of the prototypes where the second set of eyelets near the boom/stick pivot is more clearly visible (perhaps future production units will feature this). I will purchase the model regardless and proudly display it. Hell man, I purchased the Norscot Caterpillar 365 shovel even though you can barely get the bucket off the ground!

I'm guessing Klaus is suggesting that the model is patterned after the Exxon/Mobil Kearl Lake unit, but this machine looks like all the others I've seen. See for yourself;

photo by "Mike"

Please don't even get me started on Norscot rubbish!?!?