DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

BYMO PC8000 photos I hadn't seen before Options · View
Greasemonkey
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 11:40:52 PM

Groups: Member

Shovelman wrote:
I'm guessing Klaus is suggesting that the model is patterned after the Exxon/Mobil Kearl Lake unit, but this machine looks like all the others I've seen.

My understanding is that this is the unit they looked at, but to clarify, this is not an Exxon/Mobil unit. In fact, although Exxon owns them, the project is an Imperial Oil project, not Exxon. The machine in question is infact owned by K2 Mining, which is a joint venture between KMC Mining, and Kiewit.

Brian
Shovelman
Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:58:28 PM

Greasemonkey wrote:
Shovelman wrote:
I'm guessing Klaus is suggesting that the model is patterned after the Exxon/Mobil Kearl Lake unit, but this machine looks like all the others I've seen.

My understanding is that this is the unit they looked at, but to clarify, this is not an Exxon/Mobil unit. In fact, although Exxon owns them, the project is an Imperial Oil project, not Exxon. The machine in question is infact owned by K2 Mining, which is a joint venture between KMC Mining, and Kiewit.

Brian

Greasemonkey,

Thanks for the breakdown of the primary company, subdivisions, and sub-contractors. This is interesting to me and I'm sure some other forum members.

But at the end of the day; it is a unit working at the Kearl Lake project which is ultimately run by Exxon/Mobil. Yes?

Please use this before clicking "post"??? You may be surprised with what you see!

Greasemonkey
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:18:16 AM

Shovelman wrote:
But at the end of the day; it is a unit working at the Kearl Lake project which is ultimately run by Exxon/Mobil. Yes?

That's a bit of a stretch. The unit is owned and run by a contractor who is working on a contract for a project that is owned by Imperial Oil. Imperial is owned by Exxon. Exxon is not running the project, Imperial is.

Brian