thanks! it is a very nice crane, yes i do use the same camera everytime

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
DeWoc19
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:28:02 PM

Groups: Member

J.Galvez wrote:
Congrats man. Also have the Terex and is a sweet looking crane. Do you the same camera? This shots look really cool. Or maybe Zach teach how to make great pics. LOL

what the .....?
BIGBLUE7
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 1:42:21 AM

Nice pics. How nice is that curb machine? I have one too and think its a great model.
cranedude07
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 10:31:50 AM

Thanks. I'm not real interested in concrete equipment but ever since I seen the curb machine, I've wanted one. It is a very nice SMALL model! I like it, well worth the price

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
cranedude07
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 2:46:18 AM

PACKAGE DAY!!! my recent addition to the collection is the YCC LG 1550. this model is just awesome! has great details and looks great! i will be ordering the derrick kit probably end of the week or begining of next. i dont if anyone with the factory yellow has this problem, but the boom sections are a different yellow colorThink , i got mine from +++++, but he forgot that 2 models came in the same box, and this guy who ordered one, usually buys 2 of each model he gets and just sits on them, well anyway, we had the guy send the unopened set to me. nothings wrong with the model that i have noticed besides the paint difference. i think i got a wiesbauer boom kit, as it says the name on one side of the box. but no matter, i plan on repainting the entire model in Maxim/ ex Anthony colors after i get the derrick kit. ill get the jib sometime next year hopefully. that things expensiveWhistle , well here are some pics for now, ill get some tomarrow maybe in the daylight and comparison photos with the 16000..

also, does this model come with outrigger base plates? ive seen everyone that has one, has the plates.

this model can actually hold up all that boom without tipping!

click here to see more lg1550 photos

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
J.Galvez
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 3:21:46 AM

Congrats Brandon. Now you will understand why YCC models are so great. And expensive!!

IMO, don't repaint it. It will be a shame. But that's me.

Cheers.

Jose.

The proudly Mexican cookie monster!

It's a diecast thing.You couldn't understand!
favco500
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 3:24:19 AM

Hi Brandon,good on you for getting a ycc model, the 1550 is a nice one,as for crane mats you supply your own and for different colour boom they must have swapped boxes,as the boom should be the same matt finish as the crane,I see you have the fermantion tank haning off your's the same as mine,well done.
DeWoc19
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 3:26:13 AM

cool model, nice pictures as well, i wish i was able to afford the luffer and derrick when i got my LTM 1800 Grohmann.... i would like to have the new Sarens LG 1550 with luffer and derrick if i could, but to me i would rather get the 31000 or Sarens SGC instead

i cant wait for another big package day, seems like ages since i last got a model
J.Galvez
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 3:31:06 AM

DeWoc19 wrote:

i cant wait for another big package day, seems like ages since i last got a model

Stop posting and work! LOL

Jose.

DeWoc19
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 3:34:42 AM

J.Galvez wrote:
DeWoc19 wrote:

Stop posting and work! LOL

i wish man! there is no work out there right now.... i have applied to dozens of companies, maybe soon though, might have a potential job, but i dont get my hopes up cause it seems that if i didnt have bad luck i would have no luck at all Teeth but we are not talking about me here, this is about Brandon's awesome model WinkAni
J.Galvez
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 3:41:28 AM

DeWoc19 wrote:
[ but we are not talking about me here, this is about Brandon's awesome model WinkAni

Yep, but I couldn't resist. Smile Teeth

Brandon, keep pics coming.

Jose.

CraneBrain
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 4:22:35 AM

Lol Zach working!!! Applause Applause Applause that was great! Teeth j/k cupcake!

After looking at the pictures, i have a strange hunkerin for some Nachos! Think d'oh!

Great lookin' crane! I would repaint it if I were you, Ex Anthony would be pretty sweet. Wish I could get a YCC crane Sad Stupid turbo going out on my truck, 3,000 I have to drop on it, turbo, injectors, high performance fuel system..... Eh oh well, more power or crane. hmm
favco500
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 4:48:42 AM

Brandon I noticed the A frame equalizer alittle offset,easy fix once you support the boom,then you can adjust the string on the drum which ever is slack,no doubt you will rectify when you put the derrick on/or when you do the repaint,can't wait to see the repaint,good luck and have fun,Steve.
Paul R
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 5:43:42 AM

Great looking model Brandon and nice pictures also.

Wait until you get the luffer! You will be gobsmacked Teeth

Paul R
PileDriving
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 8:28:08 AM

Sick model. Be nicer if it was a crawler. If it was a crawler, maybe change it to the LR 1600....

Justin
stegro84
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 9:11:49 AM

Congrats on your new addition Brandon!
it looks great on your dio. the datail on
YCC models are so impressive.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is there a
risk of the boom sections coming apart
if you were to use paint stripper?

Stephen.
ozcranedude
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 10:55:01 AM

Great looking model Brandon, YCC do the LTM 1800 boom which fits the LG 1550 unit then you could have the best of both cranes more so if you have a derrick kit. Will be a nice repaint what ever livery you paint it.

Wayne
cranedude07
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 2:27:47 PM

thanks guys!
i just found out the other day that maxim is selling their lg 1550. its the same one that jason seen in texas, no.1100
i want to also get the 1800 boom sometime next year if i can.

one thing i have found weird about the model is the handrails, being that its made by ycc, i thought they would be metalThink , but they are not, they are plasticd'oh!

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
cranedude07
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:05:55 PM

had a package arrive today! its the luffing jib kit for the lg1550/1800. this jib is so long! i think the ac500 jib and this are almost the same length, havent put them side by side yet but once its all repainted and fitted to the crane, ill set the 500 up next to it with full jib and see the comparison. another extremely detailed kit from YCC! cant wait to get this whole crane together after shes all painted up!Drool

how come the middle sheave is tilted like that, and are these parts for the 1800 boom?

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
JohnGalt
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:48:20 PM

The tilted sheave is on a part only used in the "TA" configuration. If you look at YCC's website, there is a set of photos (third set linked to the 1800 jib page) that shows it rigged that way. It was rarely sold and rarely used, and it essentially uses tension in the load line to act as a superlift on the main boom. Check out the manual that came with the jib kit; I think it's shown in there. It doesn't explain why the sheave is tilted, but I guess that's just how the engineers at Liebherr decided that it should be. I don't argue with them.