DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

my collection (collection update) **UPDATED 11/1/15** Options · View
CAT324DL
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2011 12:17:26 AM

Groups: Member

Awesome additions! I am stocking up my dirt/demo collection as well, taking a break from the cranes for now.

-Mike
VIPCranes
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2011 1:43:14 AM

Think may be he is tired of cookies! compa.

anyway great additions dude.

SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/home/vipyfz2008/index

http://www.youtube.com/user/vipyfz?feature=mhee

luis.
J.Galvez
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2011 2:30:34 AM

VIPCranes wrote:
Think may be he is tired of cookies! compa.

anyway great additions dude.

I totally understand your point.

Cookies are most of the time more expensive. And there is not so much "options" as on other kind of models.

Dirt models, trucks, heavy haulage have more varieties. Finally, as I wrote some time ago. Collecting is a passion.

And that is the point.

Cheers.

PS. I also have many NO-CRANES in my collection. And I love them.

Jose.

The proudly Mexican cookie monster!

It's a diecast thing.You couldn't understand!
cranedude07
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2011 6:09:06 PM

thanks guys, i really like the drill, just wish it could turn, the tracks wont allow it

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
JSW57
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2011 2:26:23 AM

[quote=J.Galvez]Damn!!!

We are looosing u!!!

Bob, please send a ton of cookies to Brandon. lol[/quote
Brandon do you need help?????????

Jeff
cranedude07
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 9:05:29 PM

haha, im recovering from the dirt sickness, the doctor prescribed me a liebherr hs855, should be here middle of next week hopefully.

as i was rearranging my display and dusting off the models, i decided to shorten up the luffing jib on the 11200 and add the "rooster" tip to it, so i could have the heavy lift block and whip line. there are just so many configurations you can set this jib up with. im sure i will go through all of them at some point like i did with my 18000. just give it time. heres a couple pics of it

still have to attatch the jib to the 18000 yet

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
cranedude07
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2011 5:18:37 PM

picked up the liebherr hs855 over the holiday weekend, saved 15% on it plus free shipping and 10 bucks of in store credit, so i got a great deal on it. this is a great model, ive wanted it for a long time but never got it as i always got something else instead. but this model is well worth it and a must have. i prefer it in the crane setup rather than the dragline. its really a nice model, if you dont have one, get one!

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Sam-wch
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2011 6:05:26 PM

Nice lil addition Brandon Applause Like you, I've been wanting this model for a while but seems something else comes along every time I think about getting it Confused It will eventually make its way into my collection d'oh! Teeth
RI CRANEMAN
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2011 6:54:50 PM

Brandon, do you have any photos of the pendant connections? Also, does it come with a heavier load block than the one you have on it?

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you start to see every problem as a nail. Abraham Maslow
Cubanb343
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2011 6:59:42 PM

Brandon, when you get a chance can you tell me how much boom comes with the LR1300? main + luffer. I cant seem to find that info anywhere. Thank you in advance!

Brandon
JoshR
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2011 7:16:27 PM

Oh brandon I wish you would'nt post things like this.My wife is going to kill me when this turns up at homed'oh! thats just an awesome crane.I've noticed your slipping to the dirt side but at least your taking a crane with you Teeth.Been a big fan of all your cranes for a long time and especially the first stop motion vid of your ltm 11200 ApplauseYou are definitley the cranedude brother Applause Applause.

cranedude07
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2011 7:18:31 PM

tom, heres the best photo i took of the connections, its a beckett but instead of the wire going into it, the wire wraps around it, no it doesnt come with a bigger block, just the 1 sheave and the whip line ball

brandon, with the derrick kit, there are 3 40ft sections in the jib, 3 40s plus a 20ft section in the main boom, the kit comes with the 2-40ft jib and boom sections and the derrick kit. it reaches about 7ft with kit added and fully raised

thanks sam!

josh- haha, i was starting to fall toward the dirt side there for a second but have went to rehab, and back into the cookie jarTeeth thanks!

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
VIPCranes
Posted: Saturday, December 03, 2011 1:25:20 AM

great modelApplause i just dont know why i got rid my.Think

SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/home/vipyfz2008/index

http://www.youtube.com/user/vipyfz?feature=mhee

luis.
neokonig
Posted: Saturday, December 03, 2011 1:44:57 AM

I have the LB28 drill rig with similar tracks, the tracks seem to be very fragile and I have lost a few pads. Have you noticed this on the 855 as well?

Nice model by the way, I have been eyeing it for awhile but ended up spending my money on the 112 finally.

-Dustin

My Photostream

cranedude07
Posted: Saturday, December 03, 2011 2:00:09 AM

thanks luis

dustin, yeah, there were about 3-4 links i found with broken connections, luckily they gave extra pads, i replaced the bad ones, but yeah they are fragile, they dont roll very smooth, kind of stiff.

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
dain555
Posted: Saturday, December 03, 2011 3:13:46 PM

Hey guys, I have the HS855 also and she's a beauty!!!! Definately a must have unit!!

I have one of the first ones made from a when they came out on 09.

The tracks on mine are really good and roll fairly well after I moved them some and oiled them in the loints and the sprocket and ilder rollers!! I use like the sewing machine type oil or the Wahl Clipper oil.

I have a needle oiling pen so I can get in the tight spots really well.

I also went and purchased one of the YCC 3 sheave hooks (the one with the double hook, I'm now looking to get the ones with the singles hook from YCC). As the boom head has only 3 sheaves I rig my bigger hook on the 2 outside sheaves and it looks and works really well!!

I have also made new pendant lines for mine from fishing leader. I have solid pendant lines now instead of the muti-connection lines. I have also used small necklace links (they look like shackles) on the ends of my winch lines for the Dragline hook up and use the small bolts for the connections.

Also if you ever need additional boom bolts, the 00-90 size bolts are the exact size. I got a package of them and nuts from Micro Fasteners in case of lost or "jumping" bolts/nuts!!!

The way I have mine set, it takes me about 10-15 minutes to change from Dragline to crane or from crane back to Dragline. I can't use the shackle ends though on the big hook, it has to be tied on.

Other half also has the Busker version!! I noticed the "newer" versions have 6 sheaves on the "A" frame (mine has 5) and the window in the cab door has a "slide open" painted section, mine is all one piece (no "opening")!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Newcrane
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2011 12:04:00 AM

Yeah, I bough mine in 09 also. It's a great crane and small enough for easy display. I noticed the price shot up rather quickly after wards.
cranedude07
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 10:00:17 PM

got these great additions for my 870 today from jason. they are awesome, really detailed pieces. great job jason and thanks Applause

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
cranedude07
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 6:51:04 PM

finally got my ltm 1300 luffing kit! been waiting for this forever it seems, i have to say it is a big pain in the a$$ to reeve! they dont supply any string for it so be sure to get some before you get the kit. other than the string issue, it is a great addition and really makes the 1300 so much better!

now off to repaint her, probably start next weekendThink

the extra stones came chipped like that, but i dont mind as its getting repainted anyway

the kit does come with PAINTED walkways, but as im going to repaint it, no point in glueing them on right now

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Paul R
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 7:40:06 PM

Looks good Brandon. It is a kit I've been thinking about but just never got. Yet.

Paul R