DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Conrad's new AC1000 and other news Options · View
ConstructionSite
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:09:02 PM

Groups: Member

Other retailers have it listed more in line with the liveried Liebherr 112's. I'll hold my comments until I see the final version and not the pre-production replica.

- Chris Smile
Lima 70T
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:21:37 PM

I'm going to play the waiting game. If thats the final price and lack of detail/other colours, pass i think.

As Mammoet says "SIZE DOES MATTER". Slowly collecting Mammoet 1:50 scale stuff. Mainly cranes!
bigcranes
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:22:56 AM

DeWoc19 wrote:
CraneBrain wrote:
It's on the front page with the spectacular price of...... $730!! Yeah sorry Conrad but no thank you!

http://www.dhsdiecast.com/shop/product_detail.cfm?product_id=8819

Havators LTM11200 WILL be making it's way to my collection, AC10000 not worth that much

AHAHHAHAHA! WHAT A JOKE!!! yeah, pass

Yeah...........ahhhhhhhhhh.............heck no!!!!!!! No way, it's a darn shame there is no good relationship between a US retailer and Conrad, NZG, etc. (In terms of price and delivery)

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
DeWoc19
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:29:05 AM

well i shouldnt say i wont be getting one.... i will be getting one, just not from the US. but ill only be getting one unlike the LTM 11200
Myggen
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:26:52 AM

Even as it is now, i would get it!
Davie82
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:44:49 AM

It does look great, but NZG significantly raised the bar with their 11200 and Conrad are falling way behind now with their allegiance to toy-esque plastic pins and plastic sheaves.

And I doubt they'd release this promotional image if they were going to make any substantial changes to the model before mass production.

Get with the program Conrad - stop cutting corners!
Davie82
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:57:23 AM

Since I'm a photographer by trade I took the liberty of producing an apples-to-apples comparison photo.

Give me the 11200 any day!!

Esab_Steelblue
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:02:18 AM

Ignore me!.....having a duh moment lol Smile

How to search the forums
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:07:12 AM

Davie82 wrote:
Since I'm a photographer by trade I took the liberty of producing an apples-to-apples comparison photo.

Give me the 11200 any day!!

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm57/LennyRhys/prostyle.jpg

Couldn't agree more! Though I will have on AC1000 in a livery of some sort when they are released. There is no way I am going to buy an AC1000 over other 112 liveries that might come out though!

Great photo of the 112 Senn AG by the way Applause

Paul R
Homer
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:33:10 AM

Its funny, I have been watching a program on TV lastnight (and over the past couple of weeks) which followed a guy across 3 continents, Africa, Europe and the US, examining the effects that chinese manufacturing is having on these parts of the world. In every place visited, there have been many people complaining about the devastating effects that cheap chinese imports and manufacturing is having on local industry. Effects such as widespread job losses, emigration and dereliction of entire towns. Yet there are guys from the US and Europe who will buy multiple chinese manufactured items over one European manufactuered item just because it costs a few euro more and may be a little less detailed. It makes me laugh and cringe, it is hypocrisy at its finest!

Noel.
admin
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:58:00 PM
Groups: Administration

Guys,

Price was just revised online !

Chuck
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:35:06 PM

by some of the logic above Ertl and Joal model should be flying off the shelves,

Buy a model because you want it,not because its the cheapest,

If I want something I buy it,if its too dear,I will complain but I will save the extra cash and buy it later,again because I want to,because thats part of the hobby,collecting,buying what I want,

Some good points there Homer,slate the chinese into the ground for "robbing" all the work,then give them all your money d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

DeWoc19
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 6:24:54 PM

am i missing something here.... i thought there was an apples to apples comparison picture.... i only see a picture of the LTM 11200
RowanH
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 6:56:43 PM

DeWoc19 wrote:
am i missing something here.... i thought there was an apples to apples comparison picture.... i only see a picture of the LTM 11200

I was wondering the same, it's a bit harsh to compare a 11200 in such a striking livery with a pre-production sample of the AC1000 in the factory colors. Personally I think the AC1000 is a better looking crane but to each their own. That aside though, that Senn-ag 11200 looks amazing, what a great photo! Thanks for sharing.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

Jack.
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:05:39 PM

DeWoc19 wrote:

Its on pages 1 and 5.

Heavy Cranes
DeWoc19
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:23:04 PM

Jack. wrote:
DeWoc19 wrote:

Its on pages 1 and 5.

while thats not exactly side by side.... i guess one could view it that way
Davie82
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:39:14 PM

Thanks for the compliments folks. Smile

Quote:
by some of the logic above Ertl and Joal model should be flying off the shelves,

Buy a model because you want it,not because its the cheapest

There's cheap rubbish, and there's exceptional value - Joal and Ertl certainly cannot compete with the 11200 where value for money is concerned...and neither can the AC1000. I think this is what people are getting at (myself included).

The AC1000 looks great...but I'm not paying that much for substandard detail and plastic crap everywhere. I think the 11200 has spoiled us Teeth
Jack.
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:58:15 PM

Joals trucks are actual quite good models, nice steering and easy tobrepaint!

Heavy Cranes
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:01:51 PM

Davie82 wrote:
Thanks for the compliments folks. Smile

Quote:

Buy a model because you want it,not because its the cheapest

There's cheap rubbish, and there's exceptional value - Joal and Ertl certainly cannot compete with the 11200 where value for money is concerned...and neither can the AC1000. I think this is what people are getting at (myself included).

The AC1000 looks great...but I'm not paying that much for substandard detail and plastic crap everywhere. I think the 11200 has spoiled us Teeth

This is my point Davie,if you want it but you feel its too expensive,then why not save for another week or so,if you feel its too expensive and you don't really want it,then don't buy it,but remember its your decision to buy or not

again,I buy models based on machines,or their representations,I guess some just follow the highest detailed models around or the cheapest,I collect Cranes,earthmoving,mining,hh,etc so I will try and buy the ones I can,prices may be high on some and standards may be low on others but when you want a representation of a model,in this case the ac1000(of which conrad are the only makers) why would I buy another LTM11200? or anything else for that matter,

Great pics of your baby there,she looks super smart!

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

bigcranes
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:03:41 PM

bigcranes wrote:
DeWoc19 wrote:
CraneBrain wrote:
It's on the front page with the spectacular price of...... $730!! Yeah sorry Conrad but no thank you!

http://www.dhsdiecast.com/shop/product_detail.cfm?product_id=8819

Havators LTM11200 WILL be making it's way to my collection, AC10000 not worth that much

AHAHHAHAHA! WHAT A JOKE!!! yeah, pass

Yeah...........ahhhhhhhhhh.............heck no!!!!!!! No way, it's a darn shame there is no good relationship between a US retailer and Conrad, NZG, etc. (In terms of price and delivery)

Mark

I will have to quote myself here. Apparently, my complaint was misunderstiood, as usual. Please tell me where my desire to spend as little as possible on any given product makes me a hypocrite? I can buy the Conrad model, which I like very much, for 25% off by going elsewhere! Sorry, just complaining about the pricing discrepencies of the same product in different parts of the world, NOT the products themselves! Last I checked I don't collect based on lower prices.Think Think

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts