Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Conrad's new AC1000 and other news Options · View
bigcranes
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:05:08 PM

Groups: Member

Davie82 wrote:
Thanks for the compliments folks. Smile

Quote:
by some of the logic above Ertl and Joal model should be flying off the shelves,

Buy a model because you want it,not because its the cheapest

There's cheap rubbish, and there's exceptional value - Joal and Ertl certainly cannot compete with the 11200 where value for money is concerned...and neither can the AC1000. I think this is what people are getting at (myself included).

The AC1000 looks great...but I'm not paying that much for substandard detail and plastic crap everywhere. I think the 11200 has spoiled us Teeth

You hit the nail on the head Davie! Nice SENN AG BTW!!!

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
DeWoc19
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:28:08 PM

bigcranes wrote:
bigcranes wrote:
DeWoc19 wrote:
CraneBrain wrote:
It's on the front page with the spectacular price of...... $730!! Yeah sorry Conrad but no thank you!

http://www.dhsdiecast.com/shop/product_detail.cfm?product_id=8819

Havators LTM11200 WILL be making it's way to my collection, AC10000 not worth that much

AHAHHAHAHA! WHAT A JOKE!!! yeah, pass

Yeah...........ahhhhhhhhhh.............heck no!!!!!!! No way, it's a darn shame there is no good relationship between a US retailer and Conrad, NZG, etc. (In terms of price and delivery)

Mark

I will have to quote myself here. Apparently, my complaint was misunderstiood, as usual. Please tell me where my desire to spend as little as possible on any given product makes me a hypocrite? I can buy the Conrad model, which I like very much, for 25% off by going elsewhere! Sorry, just complaining about the pricing discrepencies of the same product in different parts of the world, NOT the products themselves! Last I checked I don't collect based on lower prices.Think Think

Mark

the prices are all relative to each other in their respective parts of the world.... the AC 1000/9 is within 10 Euros of each other on about 6 different websites that are listed on Hansebube....

i would imagine the prices will all be about the same here in the US.

the drastic price increases are cause the US has to pay for shipping and customs since the model is made in Germany and Europeans dont have to pay that price, but they do have to pay the VAT so the price is about the same, they probably get more ripped off then we do considering the models are built in Europe they still have to pay as much as us
Homer
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:32:26 PM

bigcranes wrote:
bigcranes wrote:
DeWoc19 wrote:
CraneBrain wrote:
It's on the front page with the spectacular price of...... $730!! Yeah sorry Conrad but no thank you!

Havators LTM11200 WILL be making it's way to my collection, AC10000 not worth that much

Yeah...........ahhhhhhhhhh.............heck no!!!!!!! No way, it's a darn shame there is no good relationship between a US retailer and Conrad, NZG, etc. (In terms of price and delivery)

Mark

I will have to quote myself here. Apparently, my complaint was misunderstiood, as usual. Please tell me where my desire to spend as little as possible on any given product makes me a hypocrite? I can buy the Conrad model, which I like very much, for 25% off by going elsewhere! Sorry, just complaining about the pricing discrepencies of the same product in different parts of the world, NOT the products themselves! Last I checked I don't collect based on lower prices.Think Think

Mark

Hang on a minute Mark, my comment was not aimed at you or any other member in particular for that matter. I was just making the point that people throughout the US and Europe are complaining on a daily basis about chinese manufacturing and its effects on their local industries while each and every one of them are spending money on chinese made products every day while they could spend there money on products made elsewhere but at a greater expense. This is hypocrisy. I am not calling you a hypocrit, it was a general referance to the whole idea of complaining about cheap chinese manufacturing (which has often happened on this forum) but still continuing to buy their products over US or European made products. At the end of the day, as has been mentioned already, we will still buy them if we want them badly enough no matter where they are made or how much they cost.

Noel.
gabugman
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:48:51 PM

I took the liberty, here ya go:

ITW Security
bigcranes
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 12:36:03 AM

Homer wrote:
bigcranes wrote:
bigcranes wrote:
DeWoc19 wrote:
CraneBrain wrote:

Mark

Mark

Hang on a minute Mark, my comment was not aimed at you or any other member in particular for that matter. I was just making the point that people throughout the US and Europe are complaining on a daily basis about chinese manufacturing and its effects on their local industries while each and every one of them are spending money on chinese made products every day while they could spend there money on products made elsewhere but at a greater expense. This is hypocrisy. I am not calling you a hypocrit, it was a general referance to the whole idea of complaining about cheap chinese manufacturing (which has often happened on this forum) but still continuing to buy their products over US or European made products. At the end of the day, as has been mentioned already, we will still buy them if we want them badly enough no matter where they are made or how much they cost.

Well, then, I agree with you. Sorry, my point was I simply look for the best deal on an item I want regardless of its origin. I feel the US market gets fleeced on some products the way the European market gets hammered for TWH stuff. There hasn't been a toy made (in any quantity) in the US in my adult life, so it's hard for me to support the homeland. I do think people need to be more aware of who they are supporting with their various purchases, but that is a bit off topic. Suffice it to say, I think the intellect of a given society, if measured, would resemble a normal distribution. With that being said it is foolish for said society to offshore the majority of decent manufacturing jobs. It guarantees social programs for people who can no longer contribute to their society due to the fact that there is really nothing left for them to do. Wow, I am really OT now.

Take care, Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
J.Galvez
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 12:49:15 AM

gabugman wrote:
I took the liberty, here ya go:

Just curious. Where I can get that new 11200?

LOL

Great pic on the 11200.

Jose.

The proudly Mexican cookie monster!

It's a diecast thing.You couldn't understand!
Lima 70T
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 2:41:00 AM

Isn't it amazing how both have very similar tele booms?

Also who has a AC1000 on order?

As Mammoet says "SIZE DOES MATTER". Slowly collecting Mammoet 1:50 scale stuff. Mainly cranes!
DeWoc19
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 3:34:51 AM

Lima 70T wrote:
Isn't it amazing how both have very similar tele booms?

Also who has a AC1000 on order?

not really, they are both 1200t cranes, they are both 100m booms.... size is going to be relative to each other, hell im sure Liebherr and Demag talk to each other, not like Demag couldnt afford to just buy a LTM 11200 and be in the same ball park

and here is your AC 1000/9 potential users (allegedly)

http://www.kranliste.dk/showtopic.php?threadid=49&time=1297648603&s=d01f47b68589af988c6f7f731d1d5efc
Davie82
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 7:03:34 AM

I'm not saying Joal models are all cheap rubbish (some certainly are); it's just that the adage "you get what you pay for" applies to most manufacturers, but doesn't seem applicable to Conrad with their AC1000. Where's the lattice extension? Heavy lift accessory? All-metal parts? Detail?

I totally get that some people just want the crane because of what it is, irrespective of detail/price, and that's totally fine; but that aside, a rip-off is a rip-off, whether people take the plunge or pass it by.

Great looking model; take the price down and it will sell like nothing on earth. Smile
Gaz
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 10:04:33 AM

DeWoc19 wrote:
not really, they are both 1200t cranes

I'm willing to put good money the AC1000 will stay a 1000t, along with the slew ring issues they've had some problems with the derrick cylinders as well, all because the machine was uprated to a 1200tonner to compete with the 112. It was designed, and remember this was over 3 years ago, as a 1000ton machine, adding 200t onto the capacity has caused the issues they are having at the moment.

Its only speculation but Ainscough have pulled the plug and I've heard a rumor Bracht have too.....not only is the machine inferior to the 112, with only the transport cost being lower cos of the boom on board, the AC1000 is more expensive to buy than the big Liebherr. With the amount of turbine work Ainscough are getting I would not be surprised of a 112 enters our fleet shortly.

Gaz
Davie82
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 12:24:19 PM

Quote:
With the amount of turbine work Ainscough are getting I would not be surprised of a 112 enters our fleet shortly.

Now that would be a sweeeeet repaint :D
DeWoc19
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 3:16:00 PM

Gaz wrote:
DeWoc19 wrote:
not really, they are both 1200t cranes

I'm willing to put good money the AC1000 will stay a 1000t, along with the slew ring issues they've had some problems with the derrick cylinders as well, all because the machine was uprated to a 1200tonner to compete with the 112. It was designed, and remember this was over 3 years ago, as a 1000ton machine, adding 200t onto the capacity has caused the issues they are having at the moment.

Its only speculation but Ainscough have pulled the plug and I've heard a rumor Bracht have too.....not only is the machine inferior to the 112, with only the transport cost being lower cos of the boom on board, the AC1000 is more expensive to buy than the big Liebherr. With the amount of turbine work Ainscough are getting I would not be surprised of a 112 enters our fleet shortly.
Gaz

now thats what i like to hear, surely a model would be made if a 1/1 LTM 11200 comes to Ainscough

to bad about the AC 1000/9, it looked like it could have had such great potential, to late to scrap the whole thing as a whole as to much time and money has been invested just to have nothing to show for it, sounds like the whole crane is a huge flop! and with you saying the cost is more..... does the owner of Demag have the last name of Conrad by chance Anxious
Lima 70T
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:45:58 AM

Does sound like a huge flop.

Also, would be nice for a 1:50 11200 Ainscough yum yum.

As Mammoet says "SIZE DOES MATTER". Slowly collecting Mammoet 1:50 scale stuff. Mainly cranes!
Gaz
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:07:06 AM

Lima 70T wrote:
Also, would be nice for a 1:50 11200 Ainscough yum yum.

I think that would be touching on the best livery you could get it in....but i'm a touch biased Teeth

Gaz
Lotsacrane
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:07:43 AM

1000 tonner as a 1200tonner ..R&D can be expensive ..It can cost a heck of alot more if it were produced and failed..

Cant blame Demag for trying to catch the ball ..I'll bet my first born that the contest isnt over..somebody has a few guys cramming numbers in a back room designing the next biggest hydro..

It does beg the question of where the cap is though..
Like motorcycles( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Hayabusa) at some point they all may have to agree that the ceiling is "here"

Q-Ball a wolf in Jesus skin ---the sorcerer of reasonable commentary

I smile & wave

Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo,
The trick is to ride and make it to the bell.

Gaz
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:17:14 AM

I'd like to add that although the AC1000 has had it's issues when this machine actually hits the work place it will be one hell of a tool, Demag have put the efforts into making it 1st class which is why it has taken so long to iron out the problems, some of our people have been out to to see the machine and in some applications it is untouchable, and for those machine heads among us the one thing that has been noted by our teams is the shear size of it on the road, It is MASSIVE, and i mean like old Gottwald massive! This obviously will have implications on where it can go, inner city environments and rural roads spring to mind.

Our AC350/6's where just under a year late, but when they arrived they have been flawless, a few teething problems because the machine design is so new but that is to be expected. I know one of the drivers and he really rates the machine, says it is a very good lifter.......this coupled with the fact they are never standing, they are busy all the time, and with a crane company that has 25% of its crane fleet standing in these tough times it really punches above its weight.

If and I mean IF, Ainscough get the AC1000 i'm sure it will be busy and will prove its worth, however all the talk among the workforce is it has been binned, we will have to wait and see.

Gaz