DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Bay Crane LTM 1350 *updated pics 9/28/11* Options · View
JHart
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 9:42:40 AM
Groups: Member

I am told this will be able to travel in NYC with the boom on, which is no longer the case for the LTM1400 and 1500's.
Sam-wch
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 10:00:34 AM

DafgekCanada wrote:
there is word that WSI will produce the LTM1350-6.1 in a model. It probly come out next year.

Please let there be some truth to this Pray Pray Pray
Raymac
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 1:23:18 PM

Without wanting to burst too many peoples bubbles with this crane there are down sides to its uses! Firstly it works with 140 ton of ballast and in the UK at least that amount can only be carried on 3 ballast trucks. My AC350/6 has 116.9 ton of ballast and can be carried on 2 trucks and on main boom has better duties!!
Secondly it has only 70m of main boom with no swing around fly jib. The AC350/6 has 64m of boom with a 20m swing around fly offsettable to 40 degs, all available with no rigging crane! The LTM1350/6 would need rigging crane after 70m of main boom and also need more trucks to carry the said boom extensions.
Just my thoughts!

Ray
cranedude07
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 1:31:51 PM

Would make an awesome model! I'd get one if the price isn't too bad. Looks great in bay colors too

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
hummer13
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 2:13:57 PM

Raymac wrote:
Without wanting to burst too many peoples bubbles with this crane there are down sides to its uses! Firstly it works with 140 ton of ballast and in the UK at least that amount can only be carried on 3 ballast trucks. My AC350/6 has 116.9 ton of ballast and can be carried on 2 trucks and on main boom has better duties!!
Secondly it has only 70m of main boom with no swing around fly jib. The AC350/6 has 64m of boom with a 20m swing around fly offsettable to 40 degs, all available with no rigging crane! The LTM1350/6 would need rigging crane after 70m of main boom and also need more trucks to carry the said boom extensions.
Just my thoughts!

Awh it just sounds like you are a Terex guy Teeth

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
DafgekCanada
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 3:42:33 PM

Sam-wch wrote:
DafgekCanada wrote:
there is word that WSI will produce the LTM1350-6.1 in a model. It probly come out next year.

Please let there be some truth to this Pray Pray Pray

I tried e-mailing WSI about but i never got response to it. But a couple of guys at bouwmachineforum said that it will come. Their is no date when it going to be delived or anything.

Mammoet- Size does Matter.

Dafgek
DafgekCanada
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 3:46:21 PM

Jim_sparky wrote:
Guys,

Have Liebherr gone to standard Counter Weights.Are the LTM1350 & LTM11200 using same Counter Weights

Gaz is it correct that the LTM11200 was really only design for Wind Farm work? Is there any idea of a Release date for the AC1000?

Yes they are using the same counter weights. And so are the 1500, 1400 but i am not sure if any other crane does.

Dafgek
A I Nikolis
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 4:32:39 PM

DafgekCanada wrote:
Jim_sparky wrote:
Guys,

Have Liebherr gone to standard Counter Weights.Are the LTM1350 & LTM11200 using same Counter Weights

Gaz is it correct that the LTM11200 was really only design for Wind Farm work? Is there any idea of a Release date for the AC1000?

Yes they are using the same counter weights. And so are the 1500, 1400 but i am not sure if any other crane does.

1500? LTM 1500 doesn't use the same. But yes 1400-7.1 uses same as 1350 and 11200, and also LR 1300 does

//Alexander
DafgekCanada
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2011 1:04:34 AM

1500? LTM 1500 doesn't use the same. But yes 1400-7.1 uses same as 1350 and 11200, and also LR 1300 does[/quote]

Yeak you are right, my fualt. Whistle

Dafgek
CraneBrain
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2011 2:58:15 AM

Terex this.... blah blah blah.... terex that... blah blah blah.... Yet I see more Liebherrs here in USA then I do Terex AC350's ...... So............

Terex does have one thing on liebherr tho, the biggest paper weight ever created
Jack.
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2011 6:49:46 AM

CraneBrain wrote:
Terex this.... blah blah blah.... terex that... blah blah blah.... Yet I see more Liebherrs here in USA then I do Terex AC350's ...... So............

Terex does have one thing on liebherr tho, the biggest paper weight ever created

Man your so stupid.
What is your Problem with Terex Demag??? You talk so much crap about these peoples opinions, and facts. Ray was stating the pros of his Terex Here in the UK..... And It cant be a biased opinion, He used to drive an LTM 1300.

These stupid snide remarks are pointless.

Heavy Cranes
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2011 10:20:12 AM

Raymac wrote:
Without wanting to burst too many peoples bubbles
Just my thoughts!

Looks like you burst someone poor bubble Ray Teeth Teeth Teeth

Some great inside information there Ray from the operators mouth,I was also told by a certain Mr Kavanagh that the AC350 is by far his favourite crane,for the reasons you said too,

that Bay Crane LTM1350 is sweet! I suppose the good thing about WSI making the model is they will do thousands of liveries as they do with their trucks so we will surely see many favourites

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Sam-wch
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2011 10:34:07 AM

gbarnewall wrote:
I was also told by a certain Mr Kavanagh that the AC350 is by far his favourite crane

As far as i knew their AC350 is gone about 6 months??? They were lifting a 100Ton boat in New Ross which is just outside Waterford and they messed up(to put it nicelyWhistle ) and it had to be sent to germany to be stress tested and make sure there was no cracks in the slewing ring but word has it that she never came back.
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2011 10:38:59 AM

Sam-wch wrote:
gbarnewall wrote:
I was also told by a certain Mr Kavanagh that the AC350 is by far his favourite crane

As far as i knew their AC350 is gone about 6 months??? They were lifting a 100Ton boat in New Ross which is just outside Waterford and they messed up(to put it nicelyWhistle ) and it had to be sent to germany to be stress tested and make sure there was no cracks in the slewing ring but word has it that she never came back.

wow! never heard that,he won't like that, and with the way things have gone in the world I can't see him replacing it,I hope he does though,not nice to see crane hire companies loose their big guns Sad

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Sam-wch
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2011 8:51:32 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
wow! never heard that,he won't like that, and with the way things have gone in the world I can't see him replacing it,I hope he does though,not nice to see crane hire companies loose their big guns Sad

Thats what I heard anyway & also heard the GMK6300 is gone, I do know they still have the AC250 because I saw it about a month ago. But I have to say I dont take any pity on them because they constantly try to take our work & customers by working for ridiculously cheap rates and they are doing it to every crane hirer all over the country.
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2011 9:10:23 PM

Sam-wch wrote:
gbarnewall wrote:

Thats what I heard anyway & also heard the GMK6300 is gone, I do know they still have the AC250 because I saw it about a month ago. But I have to say I dont take any pity on them because they constantly try to take our work & customers by working for ridiculously cheap rates and they are doing it to every crane hirer all over the country.

I know what you mean Sam,its very dog eat dog I guess in the industry,I have heard some stories that woudl make you sick,and just when you think they all pull together in the industry,in times like these it will make businesses more ruthless,Ireland is a small island still

I wonder how East Cork Crane Hire are getting on with their LTM1350's,she must have been one of the first off the line?

Sam-wch
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2011 9:22:43 AM

gbarnewall wrote:
I know what you mean Sam,its very dog eat dog I guess in the industry,I have heard some stories that woudl make you sick,and just when you think they all pull together in the industry,in times like these it will make businesses more ruthless,Ireland is a small island still

I wonder how East Cork Crane Hire are getting on with their LTM1350's,she must have been one of the first off the line?

The only good thing that has come from it is that you know who you can trust now, because some company's have shown their true colours.

Havent heard much about their 350 in months Graham, I know that in its first 2 months it did one job, so you would have to wonder why they bought it Think Maybe they wanted to compete with O'Briens but a LTM1350 cant really compete with a LTM1500, LG1550 & an AC700d'oh!

But it was definitly one of the first off the line, if not the first because I know that Liebherr had to borrow it off them for some show in England a few months ago.
zomm1781
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2011 9:37:35 AM

dain555 wrote:
Zomm, in the last pic of the 1350 (which is an awesome looking machine) is that a Liebherr HS855 in Bay Crane on the left side of the pic??????Think Think Think Think Pray Pray

it is a LR 1160

Raymac
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2011 4:27:17 PM

Ha ha, numpties that thinks I am Terex biased, fyi I,ve worked for Liebherr all over Europe, am going to Ehingen in 2 weeks to visit factory and what I was expressing was bare truthful facts and my opinion to which I,m entiteled!!!
And for the record I,d love to have an LTM1350/6 but that ain,t going to happen foe the reasons stated! =>:-<

Ray
Gaz
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2011 5:24:31 PM

Raymac wrote:
Ha ha, numpties that thinks I am Terex biased, fyi I,ve worked for Liebherr all over Europe, am going to Ehingen in 2 weeks to visit factory and what I was expressing was bare truthful facts and my opinion to which I,m entiteled!!!
And for the record I,d love to have an LTM1350/6 but that ain,t going to happen foe the reasons stated! =>:-<

Well played sir, how you doing Ray, not seen you down our way for ages....missing Crookie? I was working with him last week. What you going to Ehingen for? Need some company Wink....I'd give my left......ye, to go there.

Tony was in our yard with Cardiffs machine not so long back and was saying exactly the same as you, he really rates the big Demag, and Tony has a wealth of experience on all kinds of machines big and small. That 2 guys in the know, who operate the machines on the ground, have done for years that think it had numerous advantages over the Liebherr.

Back to topic......
Great shots of the LTM1350, hope WSI get a model out and I'll be hoping for Bronzeshields livery I think.

Gaz