DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Kyle's DieCast Collection **UPDATED** 4-5-16 KW T880 Tri Drive Canadian Log Truck, Custom Peterbilt Options · View
KyleS
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2016 8:20:34 PM

Groups: Member

I can't wait any longer to post my current project. I decided to build a "Work Horse" Peterbilt 357. Everyone builds these trucks with fancy chrome and bling and show truck style. I love it but I wanted to represent the working hard, contractor looking truck.

For this build I am using a Sword Peterbilt 357 dump truck I bought with out the east dump body. I have added a Tonkin head board and a small brass winch I got from Quinella. I am also adding an additional fuel tank to the drivers side.

I removed the nice aluminum wheels and replaced the steer axle and tag axle with the TWH Oshkosh concrete mixers bridge axle. "2 hole steelies" as I call them. I had to make a sleeve for the wheel hub to fit the steering knuckle and that also allowed me to set the narrow wheels/tires at the width I wanted. The front tires are taller like the super singles but I had to use the smaller sword Freightliner sized tires for the tag axle so they were off the ground with the tag up.

The rear axles will come from a First Gear Belly dump trailer. "White 2 hole steelies" once I buy one for parts. If anyone has a first gear belly dump trailer the want to sell I'll buy it.

The truck will get a first gear Kenworth T880 5th wheel and FG Talbert lowboy. Eventually I will paint it either red to match my Corgi International Transtar.

I will add the classic style aluminum tandem fenders with ribs and some rear mudflaps as well as taper down the end of the frame. I also hope to add a light bar to the headboard and a wide load sign to the front bumper which I will make out of styrene.

This truck along with the IH Transtar cab over will be my forestry equipment haulers.

I also made a load of drain pipe for the Freightliner

- Kyle
KyleS
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 9:59:42 PM

I have not posted photos yet but I have also acquired an old NZG CAT 325L excavator and an Ertl John Deere 1110 Forwarder and a Motorart Volvo L35B mini articulated loader. On its way from a trade is a pair of First Gear Komatsu Backhoes, a WB140 and a green WB146.

- Kyle
a Cutter
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2016 3:56:41 PM

I like what I'm seeing on that Pete
a Cutter
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2016 3:58:01 PM

Love your load idea too......have some of that same wiring harness stuff myself.......been sitting around waiting to be put to use :(