Certainly a sharp looking model.

New UK based Scale construction forum.

www.scaleplantandconstruction.co.uk
catkom3
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2016 4:39:18 PM

Groups: Member

digggerr wrote:
Joe,

I read on a non-English forum that the pistons in the blade cylinders are too short to allow full range of movement. Is this true, and do they come out of the sleeves?

Just checked,they DO NOT come out the bottom,they ARE VERY stiff,the rear ripper rams are very stiff too,

Regards
Joe.
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2016 7:16:50 PM

Hi Joe, I've heard a few things about the idler tensioning piston being so loosely fitting that the tracks splay out at the front in the shape of a "V" when viewed from above or below?

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

catkom3
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 11:51:33 AM

gbarnewall wrote:
Hi Joe, I've heard a few things about the idler tensioning piston being so loosely fitting that the tracks splay out at the front in the shape of a "V" when viewed from above or below?

More malicious rumours,front end is spot on,I've seen worse on some Cat modelsWhistle
Regards
Joe.
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 12:21:18 PM

catkom3 wrote:
gbarnewall wrote:

More malicious rumours,front end is spot on,I've seen worse on some Cat modelsWhistle
Regards
Joe.

Nothing malicious there Joe, I have heard of two seperate cases of the PR776 model suffering from this.

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 12:45:23 PM

gbarnewall wrote:

Nothing malicious there Joe, I have heard of two seperate cases of the PR776 model suffering from this.

I assume these are some of the images you have seen?

Paul R

catkom3
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:58:06 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
catkom3 wrote:
gbarnewall wrote:

Regards
Joe.

No no nothing you said,the tracks may "appear" to spread but I think that just the high drive angle making them look twisted,but in Pauls bottom picture the track frame and blade frame look perfectly parallel to me,
Regards
Joe.
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 3:26:08 PM

Paul R wrote:
gbarnewall wrote:

I assume these are some of the images you have seen?

Paul R

I had seen those pictures and asked the question of a model owner on FB, explaining, he agreed, he hadn't noticed it from above but on turning the dozer upside down he could see it more clearly,

Gd10r
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 3:54:24 PM

Model iterations aside.
Does anyone know if there were orders booked for this tractor (Real Unit) at Bauma? if so how many? With the world mining market in the basement Im curious as to the reception, as the timing isn't the best. Thanks Graham

Still Plays with Toys
Greasemonkey
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:04:20 PM

catkom3 wrote:
No no nothing you said,the tracks may "appear" to spread but I think that just the high drive angle making them look twisted,but in Pauls bottom picture the track frame and blade frame look perfectly parallel to me,
Regards
Joe.

The problem is, the blade's push arms should angle out, away from the track frames.

Brian
catkom3
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:13:42 PM

Greasemonkey wrote:
catkom3 wrote:
Regards
Joe.

The problem is, the blade's push arms should angle out, away from the track frames.

Brian

Thanks for the input Brian,details still very thin on the ground re the 1:1 version,whats your thoughts on hydrostatic drive at that power level,??
Regards
Joe. Thought I'd better check,there is now a pdf file on Liebherr's web site,http://www.liebherr.com/external/products/products-assets/250704/Product%20Brochure.pdf

Useing that info,I just measured my tracks,should be 63mm,my rear track is 63,the front is 62.9,so no they do not spread at the front.
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:28:35 PM

Greasemonkey wrote:
catkom3 wrote:
Regards
Joe.

Brian

Exactly Brian,thanks for that,hopefully on the 2nd run this can be addressed,looks a fine model and a fine 1/1 dozer,be interesting to see how she performs in the field

Liebherr have a long history making hydrostatic machines that do quite a bit of travelling i.e. their loading shovels,so I'm sure they will or should have the big PR776 sorted

Liebherr aren't new to making dozers,yet Komatsu and Cat machines seem to have the lions share of the market here anyway,

I think the only factor will be cost when purchasing,Liebherr machines do tend to be more expensive than there equivalent counterparts

GC1
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:58:58 PM

Great thread...it is what this site should be about. Good, sensible questions about a new model and just as good replies and information in reply. I have this one on order and as a result of this thread it will be coming here.
digggerr
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 10:29:46 PM

Here's Liebherr's own image from above.

Thanks Joe for the clarification!
digggerr
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:48:23 AM

I just read on Martin's forum where Joe wrote that the tracks are made of plastic. That will get some people going!
EX8000
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 10:08:01 AM

digggerr wrote:
I just read on Martin's forum where Joe wrote that the tracks are made of plastic. That will get some people going!

I would much rather them be plastic than rubber(Remember the awful New Holland dozer by Motorart?). That being said the paint is so good on them anyway it's real hard to notice if they are plastic, and given the fact the model will be spending most of it's time on display I can't see an issue with them breaking except for maybe during shipping. Also I'm sure if people wanted to change the tracks out to metals ones they could very well do so.

"It's O-gauge or no gauge..."
MartinW
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 3:43:49 PM

digggerr wrote:

I read that too, not sure what I think of that however they do look pretty good if they are plastic.

New UK based Scale construction forum.

www.scaleplantandconstruction.co.uk
catkom3
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 4:23:53 PM

MartinW wrote:
digggerr wrote:

I read that too, not sure what I think of that however they do look pretty good if they are plastic.

Yep.defo plastic,just picked mine up and had "a wee play",but unless your going to give it a real hard time in the sand box,I see no problems with that,they really look the part.
Regards
Joe.
digggerr
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:47:46 PM

I've got no problem with the tracks being plastic personally, and just referring to all the fuss that erupted when the Liebherr R9800 came out with plastic tracks fitted? Why Conrad didn't see fit to have them embossed is beyond me, and I admit to refitting the YCC tracks to my models; but I didn't do it because the material they were made from. Some of the most detailed tracks on crawler models have been plastic in the past like the

Considering the the blade arms and track frames appear to be parallel, so I have to wonder if the blade is a wide as it should be? Can you comment on this Joe?

EX8000,

I had completely forgotten about that travesty; until you brought it back into my mind. Thanks! [joking]
catkom3
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 7:18:31 AM

digggerr wrote:
I've got no problem with the tracks being plastic personally, and just referring to all the fuss that erupted when the Liebherr R9800 came out with plastic tracks fitted? Why Conrad didn't see fit to have them embossed is beyond me, and I admit to refitting the YCC tracks to my models; but I didn't do it because the material they were made from. Some of the most detailed tracks on crawler models have been plastic in the past like the

Considering the the blade arms and track frames appear to be parallel, so I have to wonder if the blade is a wide as it should be? Can you comment on this Joe?

EX8000,

I had completely forgotten about that travesty; until you brought it back into my mind. Thanks! [joking]

Certainly,the Liebherr pdf states 15'10" or 4.830m which equates to 36.6mm,well it's actually 37.0,take the paint off,jobs a goodun, only issue I have is the ripper,it doesn't have the same movement as the real deal,but I reckon that is down to lack of movement in the linkages,as for the blade arms and track frame,what do you guy's think,looks ok to me,

Regards
Joe.