DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Liebherr R 954 C HD SL Litronic with various attachments - *(UPDATED 25-07-2010)* Options · View
Remko
Posted: Saturday, May 03, 2008 6:34:13 PM

Groups: Member

I am planning to do a few small diorama's.

The first will measure about 30x30 centimeters, and will feature various stadia of completion of a new sewer line. For this I will use the new Trenchbox from KSM, well, three actually. Here's a little preview of the equipment which will be used.

First, the Liebherr R 954 C is called in for the heavy digging using various buckets:

The standard bucket with a shackle from YCC for lifting purposes:

The also large, but a little narrower, bucket from the Volvo EC 700 B, which looks very good on the Liebherr.

In Bemmel I bought the big grading bucket from Himobo.

With all the attachments together. More about the pipe clamp later!!

The diorama will be designed around the following: The R 954 C digs out most of the ground to make room for the trenchbox. After this a Liebherr R 924 Compact is called in to excavate the inside of the trenchbox with various kinds of buckets.

First of the bigger bucket from Brian Blackman's Liebherr A 314/313 set...

For deeper and more controlled digging the standard narrow bucket is fitted...

The last scraps will be excavated using a clamshell bucket (which comes from the Norscot Liebherr A 904 C model btw)...

When the digging is done the R 954 C is called back for the lifting ad placing of the sewerpipes. A special clam is used to lift the various pipes in place. This attachment is made from plastic, and I got this at Bemmel. It actually works pretty good. It came with a chain, but I modified it a bit so it would fit a Himobo quickhitch.

Final photo...

Remko

Ocean Traders Scale Models Facebook Group
JoeS1989
Posted: Saturday, May 03, 2008 6:42:20 PM

Who makes that pipe clamp? I want one.

I want the 954 now ive seen the things you can have on the end of the dipper arm

Joe
Remko
Posted: Saturday, May 03, 2008 6:55:33 PM

JoeS1989 wrote:
Who makes that pipe clamp? I want one.

I don't know the name of the maker of this clamp, but will try to find out. Next Houten show is Saturday May 24th. He is usually there. The clamp is made out of plastic (Evergreen or Plastruct I think), and costs € 25 euro's ($ 38,50 USD or £ 19,50 GBP) including the sewer pipe. He also has several other attachments for cranes, including a spreader bar with clamps for lifting large concrete floor parts. I will see if I can get that particular model next time, and take some photo's as well, plus an e-mail address or website of the builder.

JoeS1989 wrote:
I want the 954 now ive seen the things you can have on the end of the dipper arm

This particlar R 954 C has been modified, and features an interchangeable stick. Besides the normal one (as seen above), it can also be fitted with a long reach, a special material handler stick (for a heavy clamshell bucket) or a standard one with a smaller stick width for other sizes of buckets. Besides the original bucket and the Volvo bucket, the model is also able to carry the John Deere / Hitachi 450 bucket and the Cat 365 B bucket.

I plan on making two special lifting jibs. One for the normal stick, and one for the narrower sized one. This way the excavator will be able to lift the complete trenchbox, or a small concrete bucket. My two buckets from the R 904 C from Norscot will each also get a Himobo quick hitch. A standard one and a narrow one. The quick hitches have already been ordered, so I hope to get started on that soon. Finally a set of forks will be made for the model as well. Probably based upon those from the heavy forklift model from Siku.

Remko

Remko
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 8:40:49 AM

Here a few more photo's. Still no 'real' diorama, and I haven't gotten the time to do a proper design for it, but this will all be done in the next two months. I'm no getting information and materials.

First the R 954 C lifting the trenchbox in place. The excavator isn't powerful enough to lift the trenchbox clear (cilinder bleed...), but it looks pretty good anyway. I still need to make a larger and smaller dedicated lifting jib for the model with a Himobo quickhitch.

And a few photo's of the R 954 C with various attahments.

Pipe clamp...

And a new part under construction, it's a special jib (basically the upper part of a Liebherr A 316 stick) for a vibration-unit, which will also be fitted to a Himobo quickhitch.

Remko

Remko
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 8:42:37 AM

Couple of more photo's, detailed shots from the KSM trenchbox model...

I plan to make a proper technical drawing of the trenchbox model soon.

Remko

Remko
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:04:25 AM

Here a few more phoo's of the R 954 C with various attachments...

With all these tools the R 954 C has become so versatile that the R 924 Compact probably isn't necessary at all...

Full range of attachments...

Buckets...

Containers and trenchbox...

Up front...

Log grab...

Small jib for vibration unit or the small clamshel buckets / pine grapple...

Small sorting grap from CMM Schwerlast

And finally the auger...

Remko

Remko
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:06:43 PM

More photo's, with new attachments!! unny thing is, all these attachments will not be meant for this R 954 C. I will build one more custom R 954 C, again with an changing boom (like the R 954 B demo model). This model will, mostly, be fitted with a three part boom, hydraulic adjustable. Not like the big R 954 C triple, but more along the lines of a big Liebherr R 313 excavator. The R 954 C model shown in the foto's will be restored with the special material handling stick I amde earlier.

Expansion of the site with a trash container, 20 foot container and crane mats...

New attachment, large pallet forks (from the big Joal Container forklift)

Lifting crane mats...

Lifting 20 ft container...

Lifting trenchbox...

Lifting trash container...

Palletfork atachment seperated from the crane, a bit crude, and I'll have to fix that oneday...

Another new tool, a big clamshell bucket, from the Liebherr A 954 B...

Future attachment, a long telescoping lifting jib, using the lifting jib from the Caterpillar TH 360 telehandler as an example...

Remko

CarlBrutanananadilewski
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:12:28 PM

Great stuff! Applause Applause

-Josh
stjo46
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:51:01 PM

Very nice, I like all the attachments.
Thank You
Remko
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:36:40 PM

Here are a few new photo's of the R 954 C with various attachments. This saturdaythe next houten fair is again, and I will try to get a lot more Himobo quickcouplers so that I can complete the equipment for the excavator. I just need a big "toolbox" or two for it... Teeth Teeth

I also made a craneboom for the excavator, this is basically the boom of the Norscot Caterpillar TH360B telehandler fitted to a Himobo quickhitch.

Fully extended...

I got then new GAR-BRO concrete bucket from TWH Collectibles in yesterday. De detail is amazing for such a (relatively) small model. It's completely functional as well. Of course these kinds of concrete buckets are not used in Europe (as far as I know), but I'm very glad I got it. Might get another one soon!! I just can't figure out which type it is. The various models are listed on the packaging, but the dimensions don't match the model. Although I'm pretty sure it's a 483-R. Any insight into this might be helpful!

I already modified the bucket a bit so the 954 will be able to lift it on the short jib. But a longer jib will be made for the model as well.

Remko

zak
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:12:08 PM

thats awesome I think that your dio will be the best ever that I've seen.
zak

"The road to success is always under construction"
"The construction of Europe is and art. It is and art of the possible"
Remko
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:37:26 PM

zak wrote:
thats awesome I think that your dio will be the best ever that I've seen.
zak

I seriously doubt that, especially since it's the first time I will be making a dio, and there are a few pretty good diorama-builders here (Hummer13, BobM)... But, I'll give it a try!

Remko

zak
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:52:15 PM

hey the first time I made first dio I thought that it was horrible but when I posted my pics of the dio everyone loved my dio than everyone else's and I was suprised at how many good things they said about my very first attempt on my first dio. so it the long run if you think yours is bad that your opinion but everyone will think is awesome especially all your VERY COOL attachments that you made for your R 954 C excavator.
zak

"The road to success is always under construction"
"The construction of Europe is and art. It is and art of the possible"
CheeseHead
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 7:21:58 PM

I am soooo jealous of your attachments. Thanks for the pics.
Remko
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:53:51 PM

CheeseHead wrote:

Well, these are all pretty easy to make. Just needs some thinking and trying out. A few more will be made this weekend. I'm also going to get a lot of Himobo quickcouplers, so this sunday I expect to make some photo's of the full line-up!! Including a few surprises. Cool Cool

Remko

Remko
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2008 9:16:39 AM

Remko wrote:
CheeseHead wrote:

Well, these are all pretty easy to make. Just needs some thinking and trying out. A few more will be made this weekend. I'm also going to get a lot of Himobo quickcouplers, so this sunday I expect to make some photo's of the full line-up!! Including a few surprises. Cool Cool

Sad news for me... Himobo was not at the show, so no quickcouplers yet... Not talking Not talking
I have alreayd contacted them about ordering direclty from the site, but wanted to now if they have enough. I need about 15 of the 9,5 mm / 9,5 mm version for all my attachments.

Anyho, I did get a few other models. Including a new LTM 1030/1 and a transformer shed.

Here are a few pics of the preparations for my second (small) diorama...

The R 954 C is just about ready with placing the cranemats (I don't have any steel driving plates yet...) using the big sorting grab from CMM. The LTM 1030 is already waiting on the side.

The big CMM Schwerlast Sortinggrap in close-up.

When the cranemats have been placed, the sortinggrap will be swapped for the palletforks.

Transformershed from KSM. Very nicely made and for just € 10 euro's not hat expensive either.

LTM 1030/1 with extra counterweight...

Remko

Remko
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 7:08:10 PM

Here a few more photo's from the model with one of the two vibrator units I got at the Houten fair.
It's not a very detailed model (Brian or Mike, please make a detailed vibrator unit for excavator use!!), but with the head piece of a Conrad pine grapple it looks a lot better. Now just to make a heavier jib for it.

Although an excavator with a monoboom can be used as a sheetpiler (like the Volvo EC 360 from Voorbij seen below) I'm just not completely happy with it. Perhaps I'll modify another R 954 C with the lowered lifting cilinders like on Voorbij's Volvo. But a Hydraulic adjustable boom (currently in the works) still seems to be the best solution.

Anyway, I already ordered three more trenchboxes from KSM, and will be picking these up at the Nooteboom OpenHouse this Saturday!! Dancing Dancing Dancing

Remko

LatticeCraneMan
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 8:48:56 PM

Nice pics and dio Remko sure is one versatile piece of equipment a regular "Swiss Army Knife" type machine !

Chet

I live in my own little world it's ok they know me here
bigcranes
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 12:37:33 AM

Hello Remko,

I have been eyeing your post for some timeTeeth You have a beautiful dio going there, especially for the size! I really want a pretty big versatile excavator that can handle alot of different attachments. I think I found it, any advise? I'm a crane guy mainly.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
Jack.
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 1:28:51 PM

Hey Remko Great Diorama Going there Teeth

Is CMM still in business? If they are and you see him again could you ask him if he ever visits the UK to toy fairs.

Thanks

Heavy Cranes