DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

TWH LeTourneau L1850 Wheel Loader Options · View
Irvin Centeno
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 8:55:23 PM
Groups: Member

Not sure either , but if I'm correct Chuck is the owner of DHS(duh) and the founder of SWORD models and TWH produces some of the models. Correct me if I'm wrong.
DeWoc19
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 8:56:43 PM

well maybe im wrong then... i know Sword and DHS are the same but TWH i didnt know, i thought they were seperate
brian falcone
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 8:57:16 PM

pretty sure chuck comissioned twh to make the models.
JohnGalt
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 8:59:26 PM

You can buy Sword trucks that come with TWH crane parts as loads, and you can buy TWH boom trucks that are built on Sword Peterbilt chassis.
Irvin Centeno
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 9:04:14 PM

I think SWORD models are made by TWH. I mean sword produced the pete 379 dump truck, the dump trailer, the ramp trailer and the fuel and lube , but TWH produced the pete 379 with low boy and the pete 379 national boom truck and all models look a like in the cab. Again correct me if I'm wrong.
Jim15
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 9:05:18 PM

Irvin Centeno wrote:
Jim 15

I'm NOT! looking for a forum fight:

A. I understand that chuck and TWH make great models, but I'm just saying that by the things I have heard here on this forum I'm not interested on buying it.

B. I'm not much of a crane collector and I would really prefer if they would stick to the 1/50 trucks. These are models that I would spend anything on them.

C. I know chuck is a hard working man and does not have time for this discussion.

D. I posted on the 4100 topic for people that are tired of hearing bad stuff about it ,my suggestion is to not buy it if you think it's a deficient model.

And if it would be a little more cheaper I would defenatly buy it.

And one more thing I think you are right on that some have been mistakes and other's are fine.

And, I'm going to leave clear that I am NOT saying that TWH and SWORD are bad model retailer's and I'm thinking of purchasing some of there models but not the 4100.

Thanks Irvin

The first post wasn't about you, the second one was.

Jim

DeWoc19
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 9:21:17 PM

just cause TWH produces sword or vice versa doesnt mean that Chuck has his hand in the 4100 model
JohnGalt
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 9:54:26 PM

Jim15 wrote:
Looks like someone's here for an argument.

I was going to try and stay away from this, but I just can't.

Go ahead, have a forum fight with me over the computer, I'll beat you with my mouse and keyboard...

Jim

Irvin, I think he wants us to guess who he was referring to. I sent him a PM but haven't heard back yet.
JustinE
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 10:07:28 PM

Oh come on guys, give Chuck a break already- he's at a meeting in Germany as we speak and doesn't have time for this nonsence. Becides, these models are mass produced and you will always get a few damaged models in with them.
What I'd like to know is how we got from a topic on the L-1850 to the 4100?

-Justin

"Everyone's Goal Is To Mine More Coal!"
PAmining
http://www.youtube.com/user/PAmining
AJG
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 10:13:56 PM

Well,I personally can't wait to see the LeTourneau L1850.
I was planning on getting this model since we heard rumors that it was going to be produced.
I am glad that TWH is doing this model instead of NORSCOT.Even though NORSCOT would have done a good job
it would not be as nice as a TWH model.With TWH making the model it would probably cost more though.
I'll be ordering one as soon as DHS has them listed along with the KW T800'S produced by SWORD/TWH.
Art
Jim15
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 10:51:32 PM

JohnGalt wrote:

Irvin, I think he wants us to guess who he was referring to. I sent him a PM but haven't heard back yet.

JohnGalt,

I was going to return your Private Message, but if you want to go Public with it I will just tell you here that I was referring to you as wanting to start a fight, since you took the time to look up others' complaints, and wanted to keep carrying on about how you don't like the model. The reason I figured Chuck was some how involved with TWH was because you said "maybe I'll do that and figure out why I've been such a loyal customer of yours for 10 years. Don't count on that lasting." Im sure one guy really wont matter, but if you want to say crap like this why are you trying to pick a "forum fight" with Chuck. Whether he had anything to do with this model besides distributing it, I got no clue, but if I was you I would not type this crap on a public forum, I would not type it at all. If I had a problem with something I would call the person. Now I am still a teen, but I think people have lost touch with person to person communication. "By the way, I wrote emails asking about corrections for my concerns, and nobody responded." If you really wanted to get a hold of Chuck or whoever is in charge of the model, the right way of doing things would be to call him. That would be the right way of getting things resolved, I think, not telling someone you are done doing buisness with them by typing it on a forum,

Jim

JustinE
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 11:01:15 PM

Well said Jim. I agree with you 100%

-Justin

"Everyone's Goal Is To Mine More Coal!"
PAmining
http://www.youtube.com/user/PAmining
micwendt
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 11:28:27 PM

Come on guys, can't we all get along?
Mic
And Irvin, I won't even come up for air on the 379 and lowboy.

Irvin Centeno
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 11:40:09 PM

Eh? Eh? UMMMMMMMM WHAT??
Greasemonkey
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 12:15:40 AM

Jim15 wrote:

If you really wanted to get a hold of Chuck or whoever is in charge of the model, the right way of doing things would be to call him. That would be the right way of getting things resolved, I think, not telling someone you are done doing buisness with them by typing it on a forum,

Jim

I can tell you from personal experience, I have talked to Chuck directly about problems I have had in the past, and he dealt with them. My problem comes in when after numerous conversations and correspondence, the problem is not solved and keeps occurring...over, and over, and over.

Brian
JohnGalt
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 12:38:42 AM

Jim15,
I just sent you a new PM. Please check it before posting. Thanks,
Dave
zzzz DELETED 103006
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:19:46 AM

jim 15 needs to get a freakin grip, or seek psychiatric help.
a Cutter
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 2:24:33 AM

Shhh I think the missing link some of you are looking for is WanHo. I hope Chuck wasn't trying to keep this secret, cause I sure spilled the beans.

Mmmm Mmmmm TWH!

~~As far as mixing it up....Chuck yes is a retailer who certainly has to worry about keeping his customers happy, but he is also in a lot of ways 'just one of the guys'.
Surely he can crack wise on his own forum just as much as any of us feel free to......
...and that's not me trying to kiss up to him or stick up for him, but just to elaborate on the comment I made that's being called into question.

Chris

Jim15 for DHS governor LOLApplause

brian falcone
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 2:35:04 AM

tell you what. the trucks are a work of art...still planning on grabbing the 4100 shovel too.but then again what do i know? im not a real collector. brian
apm2754
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 2:54:00 AM

Chuck,

I can't personally comment on the 4100 because I've never seen it in person. Although the Sword 379 is awesome, as is the P&H 4100XPB. One thing I can say is that if you make some more of those great models in 1:87 I promise not to complain about them Teeth As a matter of fact, the large number of 1:87 scale collectors I know would appreciate it, and they're not complainers, either. Teeth

- Andy