DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 1:04:33 PM

Groups: Member

If you go down to the woods today your sure of a big suprise......ok not so as much "the woods" as the Clontarf Castle Hotel but the surprise still stands!!

we've all seen this before.... orrrrrr have we...Think Think Think

That extra special touch

had a good time at the show,met fellow collector and DHS'er Transtechnic and also fellow collector nut Darren,and the man himself Paul Kavanagh,and a big special thanks to him and another illusive scamp out there for helping me out and giving me the opportunity to aquire this real collectors piece!

also news on a future Kavanagh Crane hire model too

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

bigcranes
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 2:47:47 PM

Famous like a rock star Graham, looks great!

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
transtechnic
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 7:24:32 PM

Hi Graham,
Great to finally met up,i should have headed down earlier..,and very nice to met paul kavanagh , genuine down to earth and generous with his time...had to head of early Sad had an offer for rugby match,roast chicken dinner and a few guinness draught cans from my brotherTeeth...cheers.

Aubrey Smile ..
P S..you will need 2 scania'sWhistle Whistle Whistle ...your important autograph will reduce the capacity on first one Teeth Teeth Whistle Angel..

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
Homer
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 7:58:14 PM

Very nice graham, i thought when i heard about the autographed models that it would be the cert that was signed so its interesting to see it on the trailer! Smile Was there much on display or for sale at the show this time?

Aubrey, that sounds like the perfect sunday afternoon to me!! Wink

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:56:34 PM

Hey Homer,i had to have one when i heard it was signed,

Paul had alot of stuff on display,pcm was there too,i just had one thing in mind though

Was great to finally meet Transtechnic too,a fellow Dub and just as elusive!!! Teeth Teeth and as he said a great time talking to Paul and very kind of him to give us his time,an extremely down to earth guy!! collects 1/50 and 1/1 too!! Teeth

Darren was in a rush out to get his big HH set up working,if its still in the box its not making money Wink

so all in all a very productive and eventfull day

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 5:47:58 PM

PACKAGE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wohooooo!! after chasing one on and off for the past 5 or 6 years,I finally got my catch,behold.....

and 1/1 Teeth
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4045551/Franz_Bracht_KG_AC_500_2_bei_der_Abfahrt_aus_dem_HeizKraftWerk_in_Wuppertal_Barmen

Homer
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 7:30:33 PM

Congratulations on finally getting one graham she's a beauty, it'll make a great 'little assist crane' for the FB 11200 when she arrives!! Wink

I see your visa card is stored right next to the keyboard there in the second picture waiting anxiously for its next battering!! Anxious Teeth

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 7:38:58 PM

you betcha Noel!!! she'll partner my ac1600 as a helper crane to my 11200 when that comes

as for the credit card,thats a washed up carcas of my old one,used to death she was!!! one damn good credit card,they don't make em like that anymore,good times good times,gonna get it bronzed lol Teeth Teeth

transtechnic
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 8:42:01 PM

Evening Graham..,"elusive"Think Think..hhmm..they seek him,they seek him there Think Think ,that elusive transtechnic.,they seek him everywhereAnxious Anxious ..paul kavanagh was obviously himself,but needed 20 minutes to figure out if you were the contact i was expectingThink.. Smile...,

The bracht look like its never been outside the box Applause Applause ,very niceTeeth.., regards.

AubreySmile

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 8:49:10 PM

lol i know what were we like!!! typical lol,but it was great to get to meet you,we gotta hunt down the one who answers to the name Martin J Teeth Teeth you can run but you can't hide!! Teeth Teeth well you can probably hide in one of the 600 pubs in Dublin d'oh!

transtechnic
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 11:24:54 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
lol i know what were we like!!! typical lol,but it was great to get to meet you,we gotta hunt down the one who answers to the name Martin J Teeth Teeth you can run but you can't hide!! Teeth Teeth well you can probably hide in one of the 600 pubs in Dublin d'oh!

I believe the lure of international rugby tickets will be the LURE that will achieve the best results and the location...the clontarf toy and model rail fair..no names will be used just disscussion of your latest model purchased the secret handshake will be made known at a later date...Teeth regards.
AubreySmile

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
bigcranes
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:36:50 AM

Beautiful AC500 Graham! I have been wanting one of those myself, congratulations on landing one!
Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
Homer
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:41:35 AM

gbarnewall wrote:

I think we should all meet up for a feed of pints somewhere in the middle of the country Smile Aubrey, graham, martin, myself, gus, kevin and allistair (sorry if i forgot anyone) and we could drag along darren too and try and get leo back.. It'd be a good oul session with plenty model talk!! Cool Cool Cool

Noel.
Jack.
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:46:15 AM

Hello Mate, I cant see the Pictures?

Heavy Cranes
Paul
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:10:15 AM

Jack. wrote:
Hello Mate, I cant see the Pictures?

Ja, ja, me too. I just see typed image codes and it(AC500) sounds exciting!!.

Smile

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:11:04 PM

yep,dunno whats going on,its just on this forum,pics haven't been affected on other forums

gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:12:35 PM

think the forum may be having one of those days as Paul r's cc2800 pics are not viewable either

DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:26:42 PM

Photobucket is having some sort of issues
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:29:21 PM

not to worry,i'm sure it'll be sorted soon Smile

transtechnic
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:35:16 PM

Homer wrote:
gbarnewall wrote:

I think we should all meet up for a feed of pints somewhere in the middle of the country Smile Aubrey, graham, martin, myself, gus, kevin and allistair (sorry if i forgot anyone) and we could drag along darren too and try and get leo back.. It'd be a good oul session with plenty model talk!! Cool Cool Cool

Noel officialy wherabouts would the middle ireland beThink Think Think..may require GPS co-ord's??...regards.
Aubrey Teeth

MY MODEL PHOTOS..