DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

For the car nuts... Options · View
RowanH
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:40:35 AM

Groups: Member

Just out of curiosity, I thought I'd take a poll..... Love it or Hate it? It's one of those cars that baffled me at first but over time, I've grown to love this one of a kind beauty.

The Pininfarina Ferrari P4/5.

Owner James Glickenhaus approached the coach building company Pininfarina a few years ago with the idea of using the superb chassis of the Ferrari Enzo and creating a modern day version of the classic Ferrari P3/4 from the 60's. 4 million dollars later, this is what was produced. As James mentions in the video, he hadn't consulted with Ferrari throughout the build and when the car was first unveiled, they were surprised but loved it so much, they embraced it and allowed it to be fully badged and registered as a real Ferrari.

Also, check this out, a 6 minute feature video about the car.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HydIDHrsMbk

So, love it or hate it?

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

Chris5500
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 10:12:24 AM

Love it! Except for the wheels which I don't even like, absolutely hideous! Maybe someone can photoshop some Ferrari FXX wheels onto it? Cool

Thats one sweet ride...

P 4/5 vs Enzo specs:

Power: 660 bhp / 492 KW @ 7800 rpm 660 bhp / 492 KW @ 7800 rpm
Torque: 657 Nm / 485 ft lbs @ 5500 rpm 657 Nm / 485 ft lbs @ 5500 rpm
BHP/litre: 110 bhp / litre 110 bhp / litre
Power to weight: 0.55 bhp / kg 0.48 bhp / kg
Top speed: 362 km/h / 225 mph 350 km/h / 217 mph
0-60 mph: 3.5 s 3.3 s

RowanH
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 10:43:45 AM

I think that the wheels where what originally put me off the car when it was first released. I remember thinking that they were awful but I do admit that they have grown on me and I think that they actually work with the car.

Anyway, I took up the challenge, a quick 5 minute job, not my best work but you get the idea Smile

Rowan.

gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 7:23:12 PM

dunno about anyone else but I've been waiting on this game since the dawn of time,or was that the last GT4Think Think

Gran Turismo 5 goes NASCAR!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ey9D-MOak

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

DeWoc19
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:07:18 PM

wow thats lame.... GT is a road course game.... not NASCAR!!! very disappointed in this since im a huge GT fan
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:17:05 PM

Man I can't wait,it will just be another section of the game,along with Rallying,I can't wait!!! when was the last one out,not that prologue version,must have been 2004??? Vector better be in this one!!! those graphix and an M12 Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Gaz
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 7:24:24 AM

Well people i'm stumped.....i cannot find a car!!!! I would love a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X FQ360 in blue but there are non for sale in the UK anywhere, the only one is a import up in Fife (Scotland) and its no good so i'm left with the decision to wait for a Evo or buy something different, i have no car at the moment and that is no good!

My options are - Stick with waiting.... OR, Brand new RS focus, like the idea of another new car but lost so much money money last one i swore never to do it again! A 2nd hand, most likely 3 years old BMW E90 M3, nice V8 power plant and stunning looking in white!

Gaz

gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2010 7:06:07 PM

I'd plump for the M3 Gaz, my personal choice would be the AMG C Class though,as soon as I can find work for these 11200 Teeth Teeth

Bid your time though,don't rush into anything and get out on that 6.6!!! I was out today,lungs full of flies! lol,what a day weather wise

Gaz
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2010 7:24:33 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
Bid your time though,don't rush into anything and get out on that 6.6!!! I was out today,lungs full of flies! lol,what a day weather wise

I did the London to Brighton bike ride today, on the Road bike not the 6.6! still a bit sore from the experience but was a giggle! 6.6 next outing could very well be France next month Teeth

Gaz
Gaz
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 4:06:58 PM

I bought a RS focus today....pictures to follow. Love it Teeth

Gaz
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 4:12:40 PM

hahaha Gaz is a happy camper today Teeth did you get it in Nordic Crane green?

Gaz
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:38:02 AM

Here she is.....my new play thing Teeth

Very happy with it, sounds greats....goes great....looks great.

Its a deal, its steal, its the sale of the f**king century!!! lol

Gaz
RowanH
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:58:05 AM

Congrats Gaz, she looks great. Good choice with the blue as well, would look even rally'er if you powder coated the wheels white! Mmmmmm very nice!

Rowan.

Ashleigh
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:45:02 PM

I guess anything better than the car iv got iv got my eyes on a new car tho hopefuly the end of this year ill have a new car which will be a Ford fiesta st in blue and they have a 2.0 ltr power plant.

Old car 1.1ltr

The car i want 2.0ltr

A.Graham
Scrap and Haulage.
Antho
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:08:20 PM

Whistle

gabugman
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:25:11 PM

Nice ride Gaz! It's probably such a deal due to the controls being on the wrong side. Wink

This is why I can't afford any models, here's a pic of my garage:

Lmao, I wish!

I'm not a car nut per se but was fortunate enough to be working at a local auction house here in Atlanta last year. They have two vehicle auctions every year and attract international buyers. I snapped a few pics and will happily contribute them for you all to drool over (or not, nothing elaborate here as far as I know!).

Gotta love a Cobra, kit or original!

Believe it or not, out of all that iron, this was the high price vehicle of the auction:

It's a '69 Yenko SC, went for almost $300K.

The Carrera GT was at a dealer being serviced at another job I was at so snapped a couple of that as well. They are few and far between over here.

Hope ya enjoy!

Bug

ITW Security
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:14:50 PM

Gaz,have you gone threw a pair of front tyres yet? Teeth

you can't beat that new car,burnin' rubber smell

gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:16:47 PM

That Yenko Camaro in on serious piece! i have read a bit about them,they are very very sought after,but I'd choose a Baldwin Motion over a yenko Teeth thats if i have $300K down the back of my diamond studded couch

Gaz
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:54:17 PM

Carrera GT.....now theres a motor car Teeth

Gaz
RowanH
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:50:12 AM

These pictures have been circulating the net and emails for years with the premise of a New York man buying this supposedly abandoned barn in Portugal...

Quote:
“Imagine moving into an old farmhouse in the Portuguese countryside, and, while walking around “the lower 40” of your new investment, you come across an old building. Curious as to what may be inside, you pry open the rusted door and for the first time in decades, one of the largest hordes of old cars ever discovered is exposed to sunlight.”

However the real story has recently been revealed...

Quote:
Manuel Menezes Morais shot the photos, but he was sworn to secrecy about the cars’ location and the owner’s name. However, he was able to obtain permission from the elusive owner to give me the following information:

The owner of the cars was a car dealer in the 1970s and 1980s, and decided to save the more interesting cars that came through his doors. When the barn was full, he padlocked and “soldered” the doors shut. (Perhaps welding was too permanent.)

Web sites varied on the number of cars: 58, 100, and 180 were speculated. According to Morais, there are 180 cars in the barn.

And, aw shucks, none of the cars is for sale.

Clara was able to determine that the cars are located somewhere in the area of Sintra, near Lisbon. I asked Morais if he could ask the owner if he had a favorite car. “He has lots of good cars in very good condition,” he says, “but he loves the Lancia Aurelia B24. He has two.”

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/articles/archives/1110

Link to the full series of pictures....

http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/index.htm

Rowan.