DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

For the car nuts... Options · View
RowanH
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 7:56:41 AM

Groups: Member

It is indeed the Murcialago replacement. Good looking car but it looks to similar to the Lamborghini Revention to me, I was expecting a much bigger change in design.

For those who are interested, you can also follow the extremely interesting build of the new Ferrari P4/5 Competitzione here -> www.p45c.com

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 9:42:38 PM

whats the dealio with the P4/5,I remember reading about it in a car mag what seems now to be donkeys years ago,made for that uber rich US guy,from an Enzo or something,

I hate Ferrari but i'd add that to my Enzo and F40 no problem,I definately think Ferrari missed a trick not making this car,absolutely jaw dropping

yeah that new lambo does look a bit to much like a Murcialago,they should have went back to the drawing board I think,is there a new Pagani in the making too?

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

RowanH
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:41:35 AM

gbarnewall wrote:
whats the dealio with the P4/5,I remember reading about it in a car mag what seems now to be donkeys years ago,made for that uber rich US guy,from an Enzo or something,

It's a really interesting story actually. Jim Glickenhaus (an extremely welathy car fanatic) owned several original Ferrari P4's and always loved the concept design of the Pinanfarina P5. He approached the design house of Pinanfarina with the intentions of taking design elements of both cars, modernising them and building them on a Ferrari Enzo platform. When the car was completed, Ferrari themselves who had been closely watching the project approached Glickenhaus and Pinanfarina and offered to badge and officially release the car as a 1 off official Ferrari car.

That wasn't enough for Jim, not long ago he decided that he wanted to go racing, and in what better than a race spec Ferrari P4/5. This new car is being build on the chassis of a Ferraro F430 GT3 so the car is slightly shorter, has a different chassis / engine but meets all of the GT3 requirements to race at the 24hrs Nurburgring in June 2011.

There is an amazing professional short video here that talks about how the P4/5 Competitzione came about and it's recent developments...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9kmclbZTk4

gbarnewall wrote:
I think,is there a new Pagani in the making too?

That would be the upcoming Pagani C9. From what I've read, it was supposed to be released at Geneva 2011 but is running behind schedule so it is aiming for 2012. On the plus side, this gives Pagani more time to release special 1 off Pagani Zondas like the 750, HH, Tricolore, Cinque & Cinque Roadster. The only pictures floating around at the moment are of the test mules so don't expect it to look anything like this but here are some of the pictures...

Rowan.

ulf
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:44:17 AM

And now for something totally different... Cool

Bugatti Royale Coupe Napoleon on the road. I won't bore you with specifics on the Royales - there is a VAST amount of info on the Internet regarding these extraordinary automobiles.

The six Royales together for the first (and only) time in the mid-80s at Pebble Beach. Possibly the single greatest gathering of priceless automobiles ever...

Cruising through Paris heading toward the Saint Cloud Concours in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRJSYw1oWDs&feature=related

I had the privilage of seeing both of Harrah's Royales back in the 80s and they are truly magnificent. Just breathtaking...
RowanH
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 11:16:32 AM

Fantastic post Ulf, especially the shot from Pebble Beach! Very Impressive, thanks!

Rowan.

89cxsport
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 11:34:55 PM

ulf wrote:
And now for something totally different... Cool

Very nice I enjoy the old stuff. Thanks for sharing that bit of classic class.

Flickr Photostream
89cxsport
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 11:42:15 PM

My bosses most recent ride.

Flickr Photostream
RowanH
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:57:09 AM

^ Very nice, what base car is it? I don't recognise it or the badge?

Rowan.

gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:04:17 AM

is it one of those Scions,I think,made by Toyota?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

LatticeCraneMan
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:33:29 PM

On Chasin cars with Wayne Carini a lady had a Beautiful Duesinberg in near Mint condition due to the heated garage it sat in for 30 years.Ha ...Jay didn't get that one.What a car !

Chet

I live in my own little world it's ok they know me here
ulf
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:44:39 PM

At one time the Imperial Palace (Las Vegas) had a pretty remarkable collection of Duesenbergs. Probably one of the larger gatherings you'd ever see under one roof. All that top end American iron from the 30s is impressive - the Packards, Cadillacs, Duesenbergs, etc. MPG was never an issue in those days! I visited the Imperial Palace last year and was disappointed to see how weak the collection had become. They seem to have turned more into a consignment house rather than a museum. Back in the day, the Palace had a selection of (mostly) American vehicles which was as high quality as anything you'd find in the country. Think
89cxsport
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2010 12:32:36 AM

gbarnewall wrote:
is it one of those Scions,I think,made by Toyota?

Yeah its a scion Tc, not a big fan of them, but my boss did come I'm fourth in one race and qualified second in the last race.

Flickr Photostream
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2010 12:51:56 AM

fair play to the boss there,he done well,is it a one make series?

We don't get any Scion's over here,or Eagle or Saturn,just the run of the mill cars,and some french ones,lol,we have Chevy here but they aren't real Chevys,GM bought Kia I think and then just rebranded Kia Chevy

check out our Vette killing Chevys lol
http://www.chevrolet.ie/models-and-prices/models-and-prices-overview.html

89cxsport
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2010 7:07:27 PM

No its a multi make series. Different classes of cars. He drove two races in the Grand Am series and three in World Challenge this year. He was hired by the Scion team to help win the manufacturers championship which he did. His team mate is one heck of a driver though, 18 years old and I believe he won his class series championship as well. As for your Chevys I believe they are Daewoos from Korea.

Flickr Photostream
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2010 7:13:42 PM

89cxsport wrote:
No its a multi make series. Different classes of cars. He drove two races in the Grand Am series and three in World Challenge this year. He was hired by the Scion team to help win the manufacturers championship which he did. His team mate is one heck of a driver though, 18 years old and I believe he won his class series championship as well. As for your Chevys I believe they are Daewoos from Korea.

ah yes! thats the one,Daewoo lol,

LatticeCraneMan
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2010 11:05:13 PM

Old classic cars...That is when a fender was a fender Ulf now they just dent just leaning on one !Teeth

Chet

I live in my own little world it's ok they know me here
RowanH
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 4:41:09 AM

I just came across this website, very cool....

Quote:
What if Dodge Viper had been designed in the 1960s?

Brazilian car and product designer Rafael Reston has created interesting renderings of a Dodge Viper if it had been designed in the 1960s.

Rafael says that the 1967 Dodge Viper Concept came from the idea of how the car would had been if it had appeared in the 60′s to compete with the Corvette of the time.

He did extensive research on design, materials and construction techniques of the 60s. Styling cues of the concept include large circular headlamps, 15-inch wheels, curved surfaces and chromed trims. He mixed those elements with the modern day Dodge Viper elements like curved roof, side air vents, huge dominating hood and driver seating almost on the rear axle.

In his mind the right engine for the 60s Viper would have been the 440-Magnum which was used in the Challenger R/T, with some modifications for more horsepower.

Inside Rafael imagined lot of chrome, leather and mahogany wood on the steering-wheel. Rafael believes this 1967 Dodge Viper would have cost $4,110, making it a direct competitor to that era Corvette.

http://www.globalmotors.net/what-if-dodge-viper-had-been-designed-in-the-1960s/

2008 Dodge Viper

Rowan.

89cxsport
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 2:31:35 PM

Rowan those are some sweet looking concepts, nice find.

Flickr Photostream
RowanH
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 6:32:59 PM

Quote:
Top 10 Supercars of 2010

There is no doubt that the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport is the 2010 supercar of the year (SCOTY). As the ultimate Veyron and the fastest, most expensive automobile on the planet, it sets the bar extremely high for the future.

Despite following a recessive year, many of the major manufacturers didn't hold back. We even saw some intriguing start-ups such as the Arash AF10, Transstar Dagger, Amoritz, Revenge Verde and the Vorax V10.

As a caveat, we should mention this list is restricted to road-cars or concept cars which were launched this year and at least appeared at one show. Deciding factors included style, performance and impact on the market:

1. Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Super Sport (267 MPH, incredible CF work)
2. Ferrari 599 GTO (sold out before launch, legendary history)
3. Porsche 918 Spyder(incredible style, possible production)
4. Hennessey Venom GT (all the right hallmarks for performance)
5. Koenigsegg Agera (ultimate CCX)
6. Lamborghini Sesto Elemento (radical, ultralight CF monocoque)
7. Pagani Zonda Tricolore (Frecce Tricolori for the road)
8. Jaguar C-X75 (XJ220 successor)
9. Alfa Romeo Pandion(wildest concept this year & it drives)
10. Porsche 911 GT2 RS (it was this or the Superleggera)

http://www.supercars.net/

And for the best car, the best video........... this still gives my spine chills......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxHCjDhL9R0

Applause

Rowan.

gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, December 31, 2010 7:29:00 PM

Some Drag racing from Ireland,took a while to find propper cars,not tiny jap tin boxes with 2ft diameter exhausts and neon lights

Proper cars(albeit mostly stock or close to stock power) courtesy of the AMCI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrKaO4ldh1Q