DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Dewoc's Models PT 2 - Updated 7/16/12 Options · View
DumpsterToy
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:57:59 PM
Groups: Member

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR SHARING. Remember all of those names. I am even old enough to remember when the steamers were still pulling for those lines. Hope to see some of them up close. Thanks again for sharing.
Cubanb343
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 11:29:50 AM

Those are all beauties. My favorite is the nickel plate road!
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 11:47:23 AM

Hoping one day that I can get on one of these, doesn't matter which one. Too bad they're AC units mostly used for hauling coal trains and those just don't come here as often. Have you seen one in person Zach? Couple of guys have seen one at the GE plant in Erie PA that is on one of our pools and have seen the Conrail I think in Toledo.
DeWoc19
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 12:19:15 PM

No I haven't seen any yet, but the Pennsylvania one has been in one of our yards once and one other time in union station for some rr function in Chicago

I was told they all came with dpu setup, so expect them to stay out east mostly as AC power is some major pulling/pushing power for coal trains and mountain !!!!
SDBOB
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 12:29:26 PM

I haven't seen them through Latrobe yet. Yes thanks for sharing. I like the PRR,Conrail,Jersey Central and!!!!!. I have the Lionel-PRR and the 'Boy Scout' locos.I really like the sounds of the 'Boy Scout' loco,of course its more $ than the rest. Probably will get some of them-here goes the budget for the next 10 yrs!
dain555
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 4:57:54 PM

Outstanding Locos Dewoc!!!!! I especially like the Lackawanna, Penn Central, Pennsylvania and Lehigh Valley ones!!! These roads bring back some childhood memories!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
DeWoc19
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2012 8:04:09 PM

little update to the Heritage Units

here is a photo at Spencer NC roundhouse showing all 20, the engine on the actual turntable is not a heritage unit, just a regular NS SD70ACe - NS 1030

and here is trains 961 and 960 (Heritage Unit power moves to Spencer NC)

NS 960 (11 units)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ya47-OTGCY

NS 961 (10 units, some are repeated cause there are not 21 units total)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCcYLYAGyBU&feature=related
DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 6:33:00 PM

in the year that i have worked for NS i have never seen a display screen that showed all this information, so when i saw this screen worked it was pretty neat to see what is displayed. I remembered that Gaz or somebody took a picture of their display screen showing what the computer shows the operator on a crane and this is pretty similar.

sorry about the glare, but the sun was on my side of the engine and there was nothing i could do to cut down the glare

pretty big difference in engine output from pulling hard at only 13 mph and cruising at 30 mph
Bobm2004
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:10:35 AM

Groups: Member , Moderator

I just love that kind of power!!!!! Nice share Dewoc!!!!

Bob
Bobs Cranes

Come Over To The Lift Side . . . . . . . We Have Cookies!!!!
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:17:33 AM

Was it a desktop?
DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:53:04 AM

yes, but this was the conductors side of the engine, not the engineers
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:37:12 PM

I've had a couple of them before on my side, rattle boxes just like the junky EMD's. It's like the old IBM computer screen when they first came out, still even says CONRAIL haha.
DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:59:51 PM

yeah, a victim of the NS repaint, it was a good puller though, EMDs are better pullers in my opinion, they load faster and respond better, GEs are good long haulers and maintains speed, whenever you have and EMD and a GE together the EMD loads and then a few seconds later you can feel the GE kick in and start pushing while the EMD has been dragging the GE the whole time
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:49:25 PM

DeWoc19 wrote:
yeah, a victim of the NS repaint, it was a good puller though, EMDs are better pullers in my opinion, they load faster and respond better, GEs are good long haulers and maintains speed, whenever you have and EMD and a GE together the EMD loads and then a few seconds later you can feel the GE kick in and start pushing while the EMD has been dragging the GE the whole time

Although I have never operated any locomotive, I have been a life long train fanatic . Love the EMD's but the GE's retain their Alco heritage somewhat. Talked to a small handful of engineers over the years and they said basically the same thing when EMD's are coupled to GE's.

Thanks for posting NS heritage fleet,it's quite impressive.

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

GusO
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 9:26:34 AM

DeWoc19 wrote:
little update to the Heritage Units

here is a photo at Spencer NC roundhouse showing all 20, the engine on the actual turntable is not a heritage unit, just a regular NS SD70ACe - NS 1030

and here is trains 961 and 960 (Heritage Unit power moves to Spencer NC)

NS 960 (11 units)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ya47-OTGCY

NS 961 (10 units, some are repeated cause there are not 21 units total)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCcYLYAGyBU&feature=related

One of the most interesting pics i have seen in a long long time fantastic i love these big american engines thanks for posting it would make some wall picture.
regards gus.
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 10:20:00 AM

^^^ start saving Woc^^^ Teeth Teeth Teeth

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

DeWoc19
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 8:27:37 PM

ahhh there you are Graham, I was wondering when you would chime in, I just ordered the Illinois Terminal (bright green) and the Nickel Plate Road ones today.... this obsession is just as bad as cranes!!!
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:11:25 PM

Had to go in for RIT training today and driving down the road to the parking lot I spotted as to what I thought was a BNSF power, lo and behold it was the Norfolk Southern heritage unit. Never thought I would ever get to see one up close. This was pretty sharp looking to say the least.

and stuck in the middle now of 2 NS units

The buffs caught wind of it already and were in our parking lot taking pics, surprised the NS Police weren't there yet.
DeWoc19
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:40:55 PM

way cool man.... i would like to see some of these in person but they are all AC power, most of them are gonna probably stay out east, no real need for that kind of power in Chicago. hopefully one day though!

the good ole RIT, yeah i hated RIT when i first got trained on it, i still prefer the paper work order but the RIT has its advantages. Think ill get remote qualified next, not really sure how i feel about remote yet, they claim its safer, i personally dont believe so
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:47:46 PM

Yeah it seems like the paper is much easier, just have to get used to it that's all I suppose. I am surprised this was there today also, must've came in on the 14T which is an auto rack train from Bellevue, it was sent out on a local that goes to Canada so it'll be back later today, wonder where it'll be headed next, east or west. The colors were pretty much the same shades as BNSF, besides the underside here is black and theirs is grayish.

Buffalo tried out the RC and guys were bombing it on purpose I heard just so they didn't have to do it. You wouldn't happen to know a guy name Anthony Cole, would you? He was in my GA class last year and was headed to Chi-town