DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Dewoc's Models PT 2 - Updated 7/16/12 Options · View
GC1
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:03:38 AM

Groups: Member

Try resting your camera on something and take the shot then(stops the blurry shots)...they will come out much clearer. When you have your camera ready ..go to settings and then to menu, then set it to what you want. Ya gotta play with it a bit and work it out.

Nice cranes there too...do them justice and brush up on your camera techniques.Cool Cool

Try here...http://photoinf.com/General/KODAK/guidelines_for_better_photographic_composition_introduction.html

the rule of thirds is a definite read...down the page a bit.
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 4:26:09 PM

Looks a good collection but as has already been said, buy a real camera Wink

Table looking a little crowded too. I think you need to move to a bigger house Teeth

Paul R
DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:50:55 PM

man tough crowd.... i know the 1 picture is for sure blurry but i think i may have started to lean back more as i was trying to get it all in so my hand was moving.... the others arent THAT bad, way better that the crap i had posted before.

i dont like investing in cameras, never have, i messed with some settings on my phone earlier. ill see if that helped, if not.... then no more pictures Confused

and yes Paul you are correct, the table is full, no more room anymore, i was just thinking the other day i actually dont like it this crowded, liked it much better when it was just the LG and a few small cranes and some trucks, but i would not be able to have models and not have them displayed.... no sense in having the models then if you ask me
J.Galvez
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:11:24 AM

DeWoc19 wrote:

and yes Paul you are correct, the table is full, no more room anymore, i was just thinking the other day i actually dont like it this crowded, liked it much better when it was just the LG and a few small cranes and some trucks, but i would not be able to have models and not have them displayed.... no sense in having the models then if you ask me

Dude. I understand you. Wait to see my table with just my hydro cranes. Although my crawler corner, now is full!!

And as you wrote, it would be a shame not to display our models!

PS. Don't be cheap, buy a camera.Teeth

Jose.

The proudly Mexican cookie monster!

It's a diecast thing.You couldn't understand!
GC1
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:45:06 AM

Quote:
man tough crowd

I am not being personal here Woc, just trying to help you get that phone camera working better so I can see your very nice collection in a better light.....Cool Cool
DeWoc19
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 4:10:54 AM

So I got a message from the owner of Stevenson Crane's son today on Facebook in the morning, telling me that they were setting up their 2250 w/MAX_ER downtown, me having nothing to do today, grabbed my crappy camera phone WinkAni and headed down there (if you dont like the pictures, well then tough)

heres what i got

I was told that the MAX_ER used to belong to Central but Stevenson bought it from them, Central was also assisting Stevenson in erecting the crane and lacing the block. Let me tell you, that after watching those guys lace that block today for the better part of 2 hours, we in the 1/50 world have it way easier than them, they even have similar issues as we do with ropes twisting and getting stuck and having to pull cable back through cause its not laying properly

Also snapped a few pics of one of West & Sons (a large towing and recovery company here in Chicago) rigs on the way home, pics were taking doing about 65, so be gentle on me

im gonna try and head back when they start doing the lifts, they are lifting some heavy transformers off a barge
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 4:27:51 AM

Nice pics Zach - especially for a crappy phone cam Wink

Looking forward to seeing some lifts.

Paul R
GC1
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:24:20 AM

What Paul said Woc ...great improvement and very much worth looking at, ya done good Cool Cool Cool
CraneBrain
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:20:51 PM

Great pics Dewoc!

Hope you can get back to get some more! Applause
cranedude07
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:42:05 PM

Lucky!! Nice shots man. Really like the paint job on the tow truck too.

COME ON TWH!!!!!Pray Pray WinkAni

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
DeWoc19
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 5:43:07 PM

Alright, went back to see the 2250 do the lift today, i wasnt able to get real close cause it was a real high profile job and they were shooting video and taking a lot of pictures.... i didnt have my safety vest or work boots either, so this is the best i could do.

I was told that the transformer weighed 391,000 lbs, Catom Trucking hauled in their prime mover to move the transformer to another location after it was set on the dollies, i took a few videos of the prime mover and the lift.

And for you demo guys, that is one of Brandenburg's yards (the smaller one and let me tell you it was huge) in the background, i went over there to try and get pics but their gate is close and they have huge very full thorny bushes surrounding the place so it was impossible to get pictures, sorry

Videos

Catom Prime Mover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D24rY4uwj1s

2250 Transformer Lift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0GOxcSwmOc
cranedude07
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 6:23:45 PM

Nice job man!

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
laurent o.e.987
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 7:04:10 PM

nice stuff woc !!!

larryCool
GC1
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 8:59:13 PM

Jeezus Woc.....we expect you to throw yourself to the mercy of those thorny bushes to get the pics for us, we just wont accept third best and no chunks out of you and at least an hour or two pulling thorns....we are hard taskmasters here you know.....Teeth Teeth Teeth

Love the pics you took though and your photo taking skills are improving out of sight.....that Oskosh tractor is a beast. A big well done and thanks...a good start to the day.Cool Cool

When are the Michelsens pics coming up....?
DeWoc19
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 10:08:48 PM

Michielsens still needs to be shipped to me, so its going to be at least a few more weeks.

There is going to be another lift either this Monday or the following Monday of another transformer, ill have to find out for sure, not sure if im gonna go check that lift out as im sure its all going to be the same pretty much and with gas prices the way they are, 1 lift seems good enough for now.

If the Brandenburg gate would have been open i would have just drove in like i worked there as they had a bunch of cool attachments sitting around and a bunch of equipment there as well. Ill have to find out where Stevenson has more cranes, i know on Thursday they were renting 2 16000s from Central Crane to do a tandem lift of some sort but i just couldnt make that one

I know their 18000 is coming back from a job in PA, its in the Port of Indiana im told, but doubt it will make it to their yard, they want it to go straight to a job, but if it goes back to the yard ill be sure to grab pictures
bigcranes
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 10:39:39 PM

Nicely done! The Oshkosh, P series (I think) is one of my favorites. Nice video of the 2250 too.

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
VIPCranes
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 10:47:18 PM

DeWoc19
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 9:49:17 PM

Package day today, wasnt expecting this one for a few days at least so it was a nice surprise when it showed up, i missed the postman this morning somehow but he was nice enough to come around later in the day and even came to the backyard cause he heard us back there to drop it off

I was a little bummed when i pulled it out of the box to see that the 2 warning lights on the back of the crane were busted off, but nothing that a little super glue couldnt fix. All in all this is a great model, the paint is great, the livery is fanstastic and the features are just awesome. And the detail is great for such a small model

Took a few inside pictures and some outside pictures, even though it was cloudy out its amazing the difference in the lighthing!!

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 9:58:16 PM

Nice one Woc,tastey little lifter there,you just can't beat getting photos outside,the few I have taken outdoors are just far superior than any of my indoor ones,

and great series of snapps above of the big Manitowoc trafo lift,with a beast of a rig lol,thanks for sharing

Was it the "clink" of beer bottles that the postie heard Wink

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

DeWoc19
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 10:01:25 PM

No Confused I wish, and it should have been but it was the sounds of me forcing child labor upon my daughter as she helped me dig out some bushed and start tearing apart the deck.....

as soon as this thing showed up its amazing how i went from breaking my balls to get housework done to suddenly "ehhh, it can wait til tomorrow to get done"