Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 12:47:14 AM

Groups: Member

it does. maybe they were playing around with the saturation

-Vinny

http://www.heavytruckphotos.com/
ConstructionSite
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 1:10:30 AM

Hmm. I think we know a couple of guys that could confirm the luffer.

- Chris Think
plumber
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 10:00:30 PM

Yes gentlemen, the luffer is attached. They boomed it down about a week and a half ago and added the luffing jib. I spoke to Jason via text today and although we were both aware of it, neither of us have had the time to go snap any photos. Sorry. most likely this weekend? Will try unless Jason can get some up first. And as for the photoshopping......seriously? The Dallas skyline is always that clear and beautiful. Never any smog or grime. You guys are crazy..........Just kidding. Although it is perhaps a little too "crisp", from that vantage point thats pretty much what it looks like on a blistering day.
hummer13
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:02:25 PM

Yeah I think I am going to head over the site Sunday Morning and get some pics. I have to get some special pics for a client so I need to get over there before they are done lifting.
The pic does look photoshoped but that is what it looks like everyday just about here. Todays temp is supposed to be 101Sad

JAson

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:33:35 PM

101 you can still be outside in TX... its supposed to be like 93 on Thursday with high humidity and i have to work..... its going to be miserable!!! i hate real hot temps and cold weather entirely!!
plumber
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:37:29 PM

DeWoc19 wrote:
101 you can still be outside in TX... its supposed to be like 93 on Thursday with high humidity and i have to work..... its going to be miserable!!! i hate real hot temps and cold weather entirely!!

I think you might be under the wrong impression about Dallas. It's not a dry heat by any stretch. Dallas has the worst weather in Texas. What we mean is 101 to 105 with a humidity of 43%. It is beyond miserable here. And I'm sorry to hear you have to workSad That's totally unfair. Someone should be held responsible for that!Teeth We have to do it daily.
Oakland
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:47:30 PM

Nice shots guys! She sure is a sweet looking machine! Applause

http://photobucket.com/cat627g equipment pics. theres nothing like the smell of asphalt in the morning!
DeWoc19
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:34:27 AM

plumber wrote:
DeWoc19 wrote:

I think you might be under the wrong impression about Dallas. It's not a dry heat by any stretch. Dallas has the worst weather in Texas. What we mean is 101 to 105 with a humidity of 43%. It is beyond miserable here. And I'm sorry to hear you have to workSad That's totally unfair. Someone should be held responsible for that!Teeth We have to do it daily.

ahhh yeah never been to TX, i kind of thought it would be like out west where its a dry heat.... i know FL has humidity but didnt think TX would

and yes you are right, someone should be held responsible for me having to work, working should be a crime!
mixontour
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:48:49 PM

DeWoc19 wrote:
plumber wrote:
DeWoc19 wrote:

ahhh yeah never been to TX, i kind of thought it would be like out west where its a dry heat.... i know FL has humidity but didnt think TX would

and yes you are right, someone should be held responsible for me having to work, working should be a crime!

Texas actually has a lot of humidity, it doesn't start getting drier until you get a couple hours west out the hill country (I.e. Austin, San Antonio....) Here in El Paso we've been in the 100º to 105º for a couple of weeks now. Honestly, the dry heat is not that bad as long as you drink plenty of water! Ehem, and maybe as long as you are in the shade. Teeth I worked a movie out here a couple years ago and as long as i drank a ton of water and had plenty of sunscreen, it was not too bad!
And back on topic, looking forward to catching some pics of this monster!

Dan

1:1 or 1:50, I am still in awe.

hummer13
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:41:49 PM

Quote:
looking forward to catching some pics of this monster

You coming up to see it? If so you better hurry, I was told they are almost done doing the tower. I am heading there Sunday so if anyone close by wants to go i think our time is running out for this crane.
JAson

Nikl Scale Models
plumber
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:37:19 PM

DeWoc19 wrote:
plumber wrote:
DeWoc19 wrote:

Was just messin' with ya about work Dewoc. Glad to see you took my jab in stride. I agree with you work F N sucks. And I shouldn't complain about the weather here. I'm sure other folks elsewhere have it worse than I do.
mixontour
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:14:33 PM

hummer13 wrote:
Quote:
looking forward to catching some pics of this monster

You coming up to see it? If so you better hurry, I was told they are almost done doing the tower. I am heading there Sunday so if anyone close by wants to go i think our time is running out for this crane.
JAson

I wish! plus it would be nice to put a face with some forum members. If I weren't buying a house I would take a road trip! I meant looking forward to seeing yours and plumbers' pics!

1:1 or 1:50, I am still in awe.

hummer13
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:43:33 PM

Man I got signed out of my account on here and did not know the password man what a withdrawld'oh!
I have been told they have to lift the apex of the arch and they are done with the lifting, I am hoping they keep the big crane up til Sunday morningPray I need some pics of the jib atached
Since you cannot get up here I will get you some more pics of the beastTeeth
Jason

Nikl Scale Models
hummer13
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:22:02 PM

Ok i finally got Jake out of his cave and took him out with me today hunting

They now have no trespassing signs on site, took them long enough, I just I need to get access now

Here is a few pics of the luffer holding the arch

Here is the dolly for the luffer this thiing was huge

Nikl Scale Models
hummer13
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:24:57 PM

It was a fun day I took Jake on a good hunting expedition for cranes I think I got him hooked againWhistle Teeth
Jason

Nikl Scale Models
hummer13
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:37:31 PM

Here is a high res pic of the crane

I just love this site I could be there all day long
Jason

Nikl Scale Models
cranedude07
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:41:18 PM

awesome pics jason, really wish TWH would make a model of it like that

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 12:22:13 AM

cranedude07 wrote:
awesome pics jason, really wish TWH would make a model of it like that, how lucky is it that the door was open, all the machines around here are always lockedSad