DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Manitowoc 21000 in Dallas *UPDATE 6-27-10* Options · View
plumber
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 12:29:20 AM

Groups: Member

Looks like you guys had a good time. Cool pictures. I have never met Jake. Which forum member is he? You're teachin' that guy some bad habits! How ironic you guys are in the cab and the Dallas county jail is in the background. Funny!Teeth Take it easy.
Shawn
PileDriving
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 12:36:44 AM

plumber wrote:
Looks like you guys had a good time. Cool pictures. I have never met Jake. Which forum member is he? You're teachin' that guy some bad habits! How ironic you guys are in the cab and the Dallas county jail is in the background. Funny!Teeth Take it easy.
Shawn

ManitowocMan

Justin
hummer13
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 2:43:26 AM

hummer13
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 2:47:35 AM

plumber wrote:
Shawn

Yeah this is funny, I think you put up that no trespassing sign to see if I would not go get some closeupsTeeth What a great place glad to see you got the whole family out for some good pics. You can post some pics you got of the crane the ones you posted looked like you got some different angles. I also got some close ups of the 3 American cranes that were there.

JAson

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
CraneBrain
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 2:56:06 AM

Great pictures Jason!

Its great to be able to see such a rare crane up close and personal. Thanks to you and Plumber for covering the crane like you have been, a joy to read and look at.

Also heard (little off topic) that Lampson has a 21000 testing next to the 31000 at Manitowoc test yard Whistle
ManitowocMan
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 8:14:46 PM

"Building the future!"
johndeere4020
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 11:03:03 PM

I think its kinda a given that you don't go on a site and climb on equipment.
ManitowocMan
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 11:15:28 PM

"Building the future!"
DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 11:17:06 PM

ManitowocMan wrote:
Not sure we hurt to much.. ill go back and pollish off my foot prints fo ya!

i think you are missing the point entirely!
ManitowocMan
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 11:18:17 PM

"Building the future!"
CraneBrain
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:14:20 AM

ManitowocMan wrote:
No. im pretty sure I get the point..

Umm no you don't!
ManitowocMan
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:18:51 AM

"Building the future!"
DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:35:10 AM

ManitowocMan wrote:
Well the damage if anything was done. Its not like we were trying to harm or mess up the machine in any way. We were taking a picture and were not playing on it like a jungle gym. We wanted to get some pictures of yall who might like the pics becasue you have never seen one before. It was not done to cause a big fight, but i guess some of yall dont have time or anything else..

johndeere4020
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:45:15 AM

I wouldn't want you to climb on anything of mine with out my permission, if I caught you climbing on equipment that my company owned I would ask you to leave. I've never understood how people think that just because its a construction site you are welcome to come on in. You wouldn't walk in someones back yard and take pictures why is a construction site any different. Calling yourself a photographer doesn't excuse anything any real photographer I've ever met has a lot more respect than that.
CraneBrain
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:47:05 AM

DeWoc19 wrote:
ManitowocMan wrote:
Well the damage if anything was done. Its not like we were trying to harm or mess up the machine in any way. We were taking a picture and were not playing on it like a jungle gym. We wanted to get some pictures of yall who might like the pics becasue you have never seen one before. It was not done to cause a big fight, but i guess some of yall dont have time or anything else..

not sure what this means? time... time for what? time to read this topic? time to check out cranes? just time in general?

i just dont think you guys should be sitting in the seat of a crane that isnt yours when the people who run it or own it arent around. if you want to get pictures im all for it... inner cab shots, cool.... but to sit in the seat of the crane that isnt yours and to post pictures on the forum about it, idk to me thats trespassing... not really any way to argue the opposite.... aside from the cab shots i liked the rest of the pictures though Applause

It is Trespassing specially since there was a sign clearly posted on site about trespassing.

Let me ask you two guys this...

What if something happened to the crane while you guys were climbing on it? Or what if something happened to YOU guys while climbing on it?

There are tons of reasons why sites put up fences and lock machines and well, put up "NO TRESPASSING" signs. You fall break your neck and can't move your arms and legs anymore whos fault is that?

I appreciate all the wonderful pictures of the crane, not something we get to see but next time.. Jason you've got kids man what if you fell and hurt yourself? something else on the site fell and hit your daughter? or you? Weren't wearing hard hats, safety shirts nothing!

how can you guys NOT see the problem with that?
ManitowocMan
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 1:00:47 AM

"Building the future!"
CraneBrain
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 1:07:48 AM

ManitowocMan wrote:
I understand where you are comming from and thank you for looking out for us. We were doing it just for the pictures. maybe it was in the wrong setting and i see that now. Can we just drop this topic and discuss this crane?

Thanks
Jake

No you don't!

You guys trespassed and entered an area you shouldn't have. and theres picture proof of it too.

Need I say more?

Taken fright from Jason's photobucket account linked right in his signature...

Do you guys get it? Can you read?
Cat 966f
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 1:21:03 AM

It seems to be one of those "worry about yourself" issues. Amazing shots to say the least!

-Vinny

http://www.heavytruckphotos.com/
plumber
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:48:48 PM

Wow gentlemen. We have certainly touched a nerve here. I feel I should also step up to the plate and face the fire with Jason and Jake. Although my trip did not include and cab shots or "no entry" signs, I have set foot on the crane. It is such a rare sight to see such a piece of machinery up close. I have nothing but respect for the crane and its owner. The fact I am willing to take my family just to see a construction crane should reflect how much I appreciate these machines. In no way was this an attempt to break any laws or perform any horseplay. When you have such a rare opportunity to actually see the details and the mechanical end of the machine up close, it is hard to resist. I never want to look back and say "I should have", or "what if ". I appologize for any hard feelings this has caused. I do however suspect that most here would have done the same in some form or fashion. At least I hope you would because we would love the pictures. I do respect the law and won't be making any more close up trips given the new signage. I do think you all should take it easy on these two. They have appologized and moved on. Can't we all do the same?
cranedude07
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:55:39 PM

i agree 100% shawn, i probably would have done the same thing, you just get so excited to see something like that, its too hard not to go climb on, and look around it, especially a 21000, you may never get the chance like that again, thanks again guys for the pics, loved all of em

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page