DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

LTM 11200-9.1 1-50 Review Pics Options · View
Lotsacrane
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:35:40 PM
Groups: Member

If you need to lift a 1000t ..your looking at a gantry jack sytem ,stiff leg ,strand jack's,or a PTC ..

Having a 1000t crane lift 1000t is just as likely as God swinging by with a magnet ...

Q-Ball a wolf in Jesus skin ---the sorcerer of reasonable commentary

I smile & wave

Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo,
The trick is to ride and make it to the bell.

cranedude07
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:39:38 PM

or the 31000 Teeth

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
[[ Jules ]]
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 2:05:38 AM

Transi-Lift

xoxo Jules
Emiel
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 3:09:25 AM

jibtickler wrote:

yeah i had to keep calculating it to make sure i hadnt made a mistake. Heres another interesting fact for the impossible 1200te lift!! 2625m of 28mm hoist rope at 398kgs/100m. Total rope weight 10.5te of hoist rope to be deducted from from the load chart to start with!!

My colleague Emiel in Schiedam will perform this type of calcualtion and load deduction often when working with the PTC and MSG's i never deduct hoist rope weight from the chart when working with upto 6-7 falls.

Markus,

1200t load is including hookblock and hoistwire and rigging ;). Maximum actual load that can be lifted will be around some 1100t.

www.emielschoonen.nl

Greed isn't going anywhere. They should put that up on a billboard across Times Square!
Lotsacrane
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 12:38:14 PM

I know Manitowoc's ..and other cranes had to have the load line deducted from the load chart ..its written in the manual ..and often weights of the factory installed line are supplied ....

On the Liebherr hydraulic..isnt the load line already factored into the chart ..Block ..and rigging ..are the deductions ...

does it actually say in the manual that the load line has to be deducted ?

I smile & wave

Lotsacrane
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 1:09:43 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
exactly Christian,the model number of a crane should be a more realistic figure,at a realistic distance,like X amount of tons at 50/70m

is the cc8800 rated at 1500tons at 20m?

Its been said for years that cranes should be given a rating in a system a kin to an ISO standard ..

Ive seen cranes rated at 3 feet ..others at 10 ..and it goes on ..

Conventional are often at a larger radius because the center line of the boom from the heel pin to the boom tip the boom is larger physically than a hydraulic ..

The absolute tonnage of the machine is usually what gets the attention ..however ..if I'm buying a crane ..with a contract pending I'm only gonna look at how well a machine performs with said load at said radius ..on what boom ..then compare it with other cranes to find the best combination of capacity and radius ..coupled with the efficiency of mobilization ....and above all its place in the over all market ..main boom versus luffer ..the list goes on ..

nobody buys a 100t unit to lift a 100t ..its often the crane owners market that determines the crane tonnage to best serve his clients with capacity and boom lenght..

the 11200 was put together with attention to the windmill market ..as it been said already ..just as the Grove GTK 1100 was designed to meet that market ..

and also the newer market is opening up for hydraulic crawler cranes ..

As a side note ..the biggest load i ever had on a unit in the 60T range was 42 ton..it was a press crown ..pre/warnings were on ..a sledge hammer would have set the warning ligts off ....I couldnt put it down anywhere that would allow me to fold the crane up in its postion ..had to put it down and get of the jacks ..and pull the crane ahead ..She was a very good 42T unit ...Teeth

I smile & wave

gohkleng
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 1:34:29 AM

Anyone deal with crane, must have a perception of anything below the boom head are all consider as load. Be it a hook, load line, lifting gear etc. Also anything that you install on the boom, is a load too.
Lotsacrane
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 12:41:54 PM

gohkleng wrote:
Anyone deal with crane, must have a perception of anything below the boom head are all consider as load. Be it a hook, load line, lifting gear etc. Also anything that you install on the boom, is a load too.

I know ...but when reading through the note's on just about any crane I've run ..theres no note or specification in the manufacture's manual that say's that the load line has to be considered a deduction ..unless the manufacturer say's it does ..and some cranes ..you do have to deduct the load line ,,whip,line and etc..

..but an operator would look like a fool doing a lift calculation on site and saying its cant be done because the line make's up to much ..then only to have the bossman or an engineer ask to see the information regarding it from the manual ..and not have that piece of paper to back yourself up ....

I dont really require a first year lesson in lift calc's ,There are manufacturer's that have this in the first page of the load charts ..and in the note's ..anlong with other attachments ..

As i said ...does it say it in the manual that the load line is to be deducted from rated capacities...Id like to see it on paper from the manufacturer..

Other than that the line dosent apply unless the manufacturer say's it does in the related capacity charts ..

Nothing wrong with figuring it out and planning for it ..it favors diligence and safe practice ..but when its hammer time ...where's the paper ..

I smile & wave

Christian
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 3:35:29 PM

Lotsacrane wrote:
gbarnewall wrote:
exactly Christian,the model number of a crane should be a more realistic figure,at a realistic distance,like X amount of tons at 50/70m

Its been said for years that cranes should be given a rating in a system a kin to an ISO standard ..

no need to in my eyes. anyone in the business knows what the loadmoment is and can classify cranes according to it

Lotsacrane
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 5:29:21 PM

Christian wrote:
Lotsacrane wrote:
gbarnewall wrote:

no need to in my eyes. anyone in the business knows what the loadmoment is and can classify cranes according to it

I do agree....

I smile & wave

Paul
Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 10:24:37 AM

Available to buy now?.

https://liebherr-shop.liebherr.com/english/

Smile

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

budaygergely
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 8:55:18 PM

thorleif wrote:

Wow, it is good. The NZG LTM 11200 in the official Liebherr Shop for 399€! Perfect! Applause Applause The Mammoet version will arrive to buyers at 15. December, 2009. Applause
Paul
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 12:30:52 PM

Keep your eyes on Hansebube over the weekend because from what I have "Babelfished" one of the members from there has one ordered and is awaiting it's delivery.

http://www.hansebube.de/

@budaygergely, the Mammoet Store are saying the Mammoet one will be in the UK week 52 of 2009.

Maybe other European countries will get their delivery sooner(?).

Smile

Paul
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 4:11:53 PM

First pictures are up on Hansebube of the standard Liebherr 11200 Applause

Smile

gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 4:27:34 PM

Thorleif you should have given a "explicit" warning there!!!! that is X-Rated!!!!!!!!! wow!!!! i can't wait!!!!!!!!! i have to but i won't like to lol

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

transtechnic
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 4:54:35 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
Thorleif you should have given a "explicit" warning there!!!! that is X-Rated!!!!!!!!! wow!!!! i can't wait!!!!!!!!! i have to but i won't like to lol

Never a truer word spokenApplause Applause Applause ..had a quick look..nice packaging...BUT what a modelCool Cool Cool WELL DONE NZGApplause Applause Applause..i think it will will omly get better with liveried models which will show it of.EXQUISITE....Ican hear the jangle of the MAMMOET keys going into the ignition(1/50)..SLEEPLESS IN DUBLIN..
Aubrey. Smile

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
[[ Jules ]]
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 4:59:06 PM

WOW that thing is incredible! hopefully NZG doenst stop production anytime soon, they are gonna sell so many of these, i cant wait for both of mine to show up!

xoxo Jules
bigcranes
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 5:56:16 PM

gbarnewall wrote:

Damn that's triple XXX!!! Teeth

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
DemagCC12600
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 8:04:31 PM

Homer
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 8:16:54 PM

OK now that its released and we've seen it we can all forget about it and move on to the ac1000!! lol Liar Liar Liar Just kiddin, man that thing is incredible, best model to appear in a long long time and well worth all the hype it recieved over the past year! Smile

Everything looks great on it and theres so many parts with it, well done to nzg for doing such a great job and at an affordable price too!! I can just picture the mcnallys version now... sweet as a nut!! Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool

Noel.