DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

LTM 11200-9.1 1-50 Review Pics Options · View
Paul
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 7:30:09 PM

Groups: Member

Great find and great picturesApplause

But....is it just me or do the main boom lifting cylinders/rams look too thin.....?. I think I, and others, mentioned this earlier in the thread but it would be nice to hear some others thoughts' on it too!.

Granted, it is a pre-production model but does anyone know if a) this was an issue and b) it was rectified?.

Have a look at this video and watch in particular @0.50 to see what I mean.

Don't get me wrong though, it's a phenominal(fenominal for gbarnewallWink) model!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyAfL4FYyew

Smile Smile

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 7:36:00 PM

baffles me how people can question the price after seeing it in that review and Baggermodell magazine,truely unbelievable!!!!!!

If NZG play their cards right,they could become billionaires!!!!!!!
I want and will buy in 3 other liveries,McNallys,Franz Bracht and Felbermayr oh and ROXU.....ok i said 3,i lied Teeth

so come on NZG,start sealing deals!!!!!!!!!! AND!!!!!! come on conrad!!!!!! you want some of my hard earned too!!!!! where's our ac1000-9??????????

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

[[ Jules ]]
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 7:42:49 PM

i think the price is PERFECT for this model. affordable enough for the collectors to do just that, COLLECT THEM!

right now i have 2 of them ordered, one for Eisele and one for Van Marwijk, i would like to get 2 or 3 more if i can and do ROXU, Felbermayr and Grohmann.... if i could have 5 of them in those liveries i would be extremely happy!

i dont see how Conrad could not do an AC 1000 model now, but Terex Demag is pretty cheap and probably wont do it, would be a nice tandem lift though

xoxo Jules
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 8:17:11 PM

not to detract from the 11200 subject but i did hear a loose rumour of an ac1000-9 but when????? the real crane was supposed to be released at Intermat this year possibly accompanied by the 1/50 sibling,they won't release the 1/50 when the real deal hasn't hit the streets yet,
a Van Marwijk repaint would look tremendous!!!!!!!

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

[[ Jules ]]
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 8:38:44 PM

i know the Mammoet version comes out late December, but what about the standard Liebherr version, seeing these pics makes me glad that i ordered 2 but also puts me in a bit of a pickle cause i know that 2 wont be enough for me

xoxo Jules
Garner
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 9:13:20 PM

If there ever should be a 1:50 scale model of the Terex-Demag AC 1000/9 i would not be surprized if it's introduced to the public at the coming Bauma 2010 next spring.The real 1:1 AC 1000/9 should too what i have heard of also be presented to the public at the coming Bauma in 2010.

Martin
Lima 70T
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 11:20:45 PM

Would the AC 1000/9 be as popular as the LTM 11200-9.1 though, model wise? I suppose if there is a AC1000/9 in mammoet livery, they would sell quickly.

As Mammoet says "SIZE DOES MATTER". Slowly collecting Mammoet 1:50 scale stuff. Mainly cranes!
kevin
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:19:54 AM

Who said Mc Nallys was a no go????

Mc Nallys LTM11200

Yay a perfect Christmas after all.Teeth
gabugman
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:22:37 AM

Not to rain on everyone's parade but I sure would wait to see how the quality is on these things. After my go round with the AC200, I'm not convinced I will ever buy another crane from NZG (see related post regarding boom sway).Sad

Several people PM'd me and said that Conrad (and others) makes a much "tighter" crane than NZG ever has.

Sure is a great looking model. I hope the quality is as sound as their endeavour. I'll look forward to a report!

Bug

Previous post regarding boom sway:

http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=966094

ITW Security
[[ Jules ]]
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:33:14 AM

kevin wrote:
Who said Mc Nallys was a no go????

Mc Nallys LTM11200

Yay a perfect Christmas after all.Teeth

you really have to be from Ireland to appreciate this livery, to me its extremely boring just like most American crane companies, buy a crane, leave it in factory colors and slap some decals on it and call it yours. REAL CREATIVE! ill believe it when i see it and even then ill have to argue that they could have chosen a much more interesting livery, even Northern Crane Service in all white, but at least its not all yellow. no offense to you Irish folk.... but i slammed American cranes as well Teeth

xoxo Jules
cranedude07
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:41:04 AM

whats wrong with just throwing some decals on them instead of repainting them, maybe the company is always busy and doesnt have time to repaintWhistle

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
gabugman
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:41:04 AM

Jules,

It's an EZ (read lazy & cheap) way to market...

Bug

ITW Security
[[ Jules ]]
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:43:38 AM

B O R I N G ! ! ! !

xoxo Jules
Lima 70T
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 1:07:52 AM

Hmmm, Mc Nally's to me is boring. As no life really.

As Mammoet says "SIZE DOES MATTER". Slowly collecting Mammoet 1:50 scale stuff. Mainly cranes!
DPD1
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 1:21:41 AM

I use to think the same thing about rail equipment... Then I found out how much it costs to paint these days. Ouch. Smile

Dave
Homer
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 7:50:30 AM

I know I am Irish and may be accused of being biased but.. If you just take one minute to look properly at the mcnallys 11200 before making these statements you will see that it is not 'standard factory livery with decals slapped on'.

The whole carrier body is black as are the outriggers and the yellow looks different to the liebherr standard yellow to me. The decals are black with reflective silver background, to me this is one of the simplest but most effective liveries out there... and also this has been mcnallys' livery for years so why would they plaster the crane with lots of fancy colours and decals and lose their company identity just to please people who want colourful cranes?? To me their isn't much difference between the mcnallys and ainscough livery apart from mcnallys using black instead of blue.. but yet everyone 'loves' the ainscough livery Think

Noel.
giftmodels
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 7:54:10 AM

yellow mcnally's and liebherr are different. Grey also are different. The mcnally's version is not a simly yellow liebherr with decals only ;).. and will be made in only 100pcs.. a model that will greatly value over time ;)

GIFTMODELS.it
Paul
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 11:35:35 AM

gabugman wrote:
Not to rain on everyone's parade but I sure would wait to see how the quality is on these things. After my go round with the AC200, I'm not convinced I will ever buy another crane from NZG (see related post regarding boom sway).Sad

Several people PM'd me and said that Conrad (and others) makes a much "tighter" crane than NZG ever has.

Sure is a great looking model. I hope the quality is as sound as their endeavour. I'll look forward to a report!

Bug

Hmmm, well I'm going to stick my neck out and say that NZG can't afford to mess this up.

It's a ground-breaking crane and the model will need to do it justice. The last thing Liebherr want to see is a tidal wave of bad publicity against the model(which they commissioned) and in turn Liebherr might think twice about letting NZG do other models. The ball is in NZG's court!.

But, if the model review posted on the previous page is anything to go by and from what the eyewitnesses saw and reported at the Mammoet Open Day it hopefully looks promising.

Smile

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 1:18:36 PM

well said Noel!!!!! and Ricky!!!
we see how sharp some people eyes are when it comes to identifying liveries,i like it for two reasons,
#1 I'm irish and its great to see yet another model based on a machine that this tiny country owns,let alone is out in europe snapping up lifting contracts,think about the shear amount of mainland european crane hire companies out there,that don't have to travel 1000miles to a job site

#2, Its different,I had a little rant a few months ago about Mammoet,i used to love this livery but now its everywhere,any model collector out there has atleast one red and black item,its not a bad thing,i just like variety,plus everyone would like a model of a machine that they've seen in the flesh,opperated on,or one a local company opperates

you don't like it?? don't buy it,simple as

and as far as the "bad" ac200 goes,that crane first appeared about 8 years,it was pretty much one of the best back then,I'm 100% sure that NZG won't make a model crane or otherwise based on 2001 standards

GusO
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 4:46:57 PM

im actually quiet suprised at some of the anti irish comments here firstly it is not factory yellow
i have seen and been up close with some of mcnallys big cranes it is a striking yellow
some of the comments are absolutly ridiculous, simple as this dont buy one o i forgot it is not one of the inner circle crane companies, and jules go off and play with your barbie dolls