DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

LTM 11200-9.1 1-50 Review Pics Options · View
kevin
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:27:21 PM

Groups: Member

I would have to agree with what Graham said, I spent my youth watching them erect tower cranes in my home city of Belfast and got to know quite a few of the drivers, infact I once got a lift home from a guy driving one of their LTM1500's ....it was some sight sitting in the passenger side of the cab hearing that big engine howl away and seeing the amazement on people's faces when this monster went past followed by the Ballast rig.
I was always of the opinion that McNallys livery was certainly much different from the norm and they spent time and effort looking after their fleet right from the smallest to the largest crane.
Everyone has their own opinions are they are entitled to them but I for one love this livery.

Regards

Kev
bigcranes
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:41:34 PM

While I won't get into the polotics of this, it's a run of fifty models! I happen to like it, and I hope to get one ordered. For 2 reasonds, I like it, and I also have been wanting a giftmodels product for a while now. The one thing that really bugs me on this forum are all the negative opinions, if you have one about this crane or some other truck, crane, back hoe, etc. THEN SIT ON IT! no one wants to hear it and I guarantee you are offending someone. Like Graham said its pretty neat that a crane hire company from a relatively small country is known around alot of the EU partly because of this 11200 monster.
enough said and if I am fortunate enough to get one, don't look at all the pictures posted.

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 8:14:26 PM

and whats wrong with candy coating things on this forum
if people keep shooting others down about models or custom projects they make or repaints they get demoralised,and will stop,and drive people away from the forum,apparently this has happened,

i just find it funny that alot of members on here are so quick to shoot a guy about a model than to actually acknowledge the model and hard work he put into it

should we all not be encouraging people and model makers,after all it will help this hobby and industry to grow,gather momentum and get stronger

I can't understand how some people can value their opinion as gospel and feel the need to express it,

the term used "boring" can be taken as an insult,as to the fact the Irish didn't try hard enough,but as had been stated above,its a different yellow and Black,two colours, now do i have to go and name all the other "boring" two colour crane liveries out there,cause i'm sure the list will be very similar to a list of all the crane hire companies in the world

as i said earlier i love it and want it,because i have seen their cranes upclose and personal,and because they are Irish,also its an 11200

i have seen 100's of uninteresting liveries but i don't feel the need to slate them,is it that hard to do,to just keep shtum,

anyway,this is fastly speeding off topic

i can't wait for the two to arrive at my door and also to see what other liveries spring up

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Homer
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 9:07:31 PM

[[ Jules wrote:
] ]
right now i have 2 of them ordered, one for Eisele and one for Van Marwijk, i would like to get 2 or 3 more if i can and do ROXU, Felbermayr and Grohmann.... if i could have 5 of them in those liveries i would be extremely happy!

Ok heres what I dont get.. first you say your gonna do an eisele repaint, then you call the mcnallys livery a standard liebherr livery with decals slapped on and say how B O R I N G this is... now if you just took one minute to actually look at the crane and get your facts straight before commenting, maybe people wouldn't get so p*ssed off. Heres the standard liebherr factory livery, apparently the mcnallys looks the exact same as this except for a few decals...

Heres the mcnallys, doesn't look the same as the standard liebherr livery to me.. Maybe there mightn't be a huge difference in the yellow, but i think the black carrier body and outriggers give it away just a little...

And now on to the upcoming repaint that you have up your sleeve, the Eisele. Take a little look at the next picture...

Not much difference between the Eisele and Mcnallys to me apart from the shade of yellow, the rims and the different decals... So how can you call the mcnallys boring and a standard liebher livery with decals slapped on and plan on doing an Eisele version when theres actually very little difference between them???? Do you not find the Eisele boring and a standard liebherr livery with decals slapped on too???? Seems a bit of a contradiction to me! Think

Noel.
Lima 70T
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 10:05:36 PM

I only said it was bland cause, i have yet to see enough close up photos. Heck i would by the Mc Nally's model too, got a thing for real companys. Sorry to all for my comments.

As Mammoet says "SIZE DOES MATTER". Slowly collecting Mammoet 1:50 scale stuff. Mainly cranes!
Randy-Mammoet
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 1:32:17 PM

The Mammoet boom transporter, VW BF3 and TGX with Ballasttrailer are also sold out!!!

Randy
Rick B
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 5:47:07 PM

eddit:the link was already post in this topic

http://www.msw-modelle.com/Shop/reviews/LTM_11200-en.php
MICKR
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 7:09:05 PM

I cant remember a model generating this much interest since the release of the CC8800. Cant wait for the model release.
Mick
Homer
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 9:10:51 PM

I have just seen an announcement on one of the german webshops that the standard version will be in stock on 17th december for 398 euro!

Noel.
[[ Jules ]]
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 9:19:05 PM

Homer wrote:
I have just seen an announcement on one of the german webshops that the standard version will be in stock on 17th december for 398 euro!

which site did you see this cause i asked my dealer when they would be in and he said he had no idea and he buys from the only US NZG/Conrad distributor and they said they had no idea either

xoxo Jules
Homer
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 9:25:56 PM

[[ Jules wrote:
] ]
Homer wrote:

which site did you see this cause i asked my dealer when they would be in and he said he had no idea and he buys from the only US NZG/Conrad distributor and they said they had no idea either

I shouldn't advertise another dealer on DHS's forum... Lets just say its a short 3 letter word beginning with 'B'.... should be obvious enough!

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 9:29:41 PM

sounds like WOW-fodelhandel?

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

[[ Jules ]]
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 9:30:12 PM

Homer wrote:
[[ Jules wrote:
] ]
Homer wrote:

I shouldn't advertise another dealer on DHS's forum... Lets just say its a short 3 letter word beginning with 'B'.... should be obvious enough!

got it, thanks, ill inquire with my dealer a little more then

xoxo Jules
Lotsacrane
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 9:38:28 PM

The Eisele lends its color almost to the old Catapillar yellow ...It may have a little more black in it ..but thats how it look's ..

The McNally's is weeird ..it really depends on the ambient light and camera setting
get the Ral code ..its the only way to be sure ...

Q-Ball a wolf in Jesus skin ---the sorcerer of reasonable commentary

I smile & wave

Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo,
The trick is to ride and make it to the bell.

MICKR
Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 3:19:35 AM

After reading the new Baggermodelle mag and seeing some pics of the model, I think some of the large YCC hooks will look good. They should scale up shouldn't they?
Mick
bigcranes
Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 5:22:00 AM

MICKR wrote:
After reading the new Baggermodelle mag and seeing some pics of the model, I think some of the large YCC hooks will look good. They should scale up shouldn't they?
Mick

While they would certainly work, I think Liebherr has a dedicated set of hook blocks specifically for the 11200. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
budaygergely
Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 11:35:34 AM

bigcranes wrote:
MICKR wrote:
Mick

While they would certainly work, I think Liebherr has a dedicated set of hook blocks specifically for the 11200. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Mark

Quote from Baggermodelle Magazine:

"There are a total of three heads packaged with the model which, in the real world, would be used for a maximum lift of 320, 112 and 16 tons respectively. The choice of head is dictated by the version of the model built. When using the heavy lift version, the heavy duty head with 11 pulleys for the maximum lift is indicated and for maximum telescoping extension the head with three pulleys for 112 tons should be used."

This is a very good news I think. We will give three brand new hook block with ltm 11200. So, I will buy a 18 sheaves Red/White 450 ton hook block from YCC.
Homer
Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 4:28:40 PM

The hooks supplied with the model from nzg look very good from the pics shown in the review on MSW so I wont be bothering with YCC hooks.

Noel.
giftmodels
Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 4:44:08 PM

Lotsacrane wrote:
The Eisele lends its color almost to the old Catapillar yellow ...It may have a little more black in it ..but thats how it look's ..

The McNally's is weeird ..it really depends on the ambient light and camera setting
get the Ral code ..its the only way to be sure ...

standard liebherr yellow : 1007
mcnally's yellow : 1028

Angel

GIFTMODELS.it
Paul
Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 6:18:44 PM

Apologies if I've not grasped this(long day at work!) but would I need a separate hook block for the max lift of 1200 tonnes?.

Smile

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.