DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
Martin J.
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 7:00:47 PM

Groups: Member

Nice work on the trailer, who knew rain was good for model customing

Engineering; Its all STRESS and not just Force over Area!
bigcranes
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 12:21:43 AM

Graham, That Felbermayr trailer turned out great! Quite a long haul to a UP yardThink Teeth
I really like the heavy column too, who is going to place that one?
Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:18:43 PM

spotted two jibs in the air on Saturday,sadly I couldn't get close enough for some good shots

One of Gabriel O'Briens Terex Demags and a Grove,I also went to his yard only 5 mins away in the hope to snap more but the place was empty,a good sign I suppose

[IMG=http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4381/newchains002.jpg][/IMG]

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:28:21 PM

back to the chain making this weekend

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

DeWoc19
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:52:52 PM

man everytime i try and use those little silver loops that you connected to the red loop they always spread apart once you put any decent amount of weight on them, need to find something better
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 4:44:23 PM

I have been wanting to do a photoshoot of these for years! and thankfully the gods and the sun were shining down,some great weather so the big boys came out-enjoy Teeth

Terex Demag AC500-1 ssl

Terex Demag AC500-2 ssl

more to come....

gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:02:24 PM

some more Demags and a Grove

Sunshine lollypops and Demags.....Whistle Whistle

gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:18:44 PM

and the last bunch of snaps

thanks for looking

transtechnic
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:18:55 PM

Hi Graham..you organiseing the yearly big demag sunshine rally..otherwise known as "DEMAGSTOCK"..and 7 axle interloper: Smile Whistle Cool...very nie pics..you get a new camera.?? .regsards.

AubreySmile

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:26:26 PM

it was the national "Run-what-you've-brung" Demag drag races Liar Whistle

I've been jonesin' to take these pics and the weather just screamed "get-your-big-demags-and-a-grove-bring-them-outside-and-get-some-great-snaps-in-the-fabulous-weather" to me Teeth Teeth

I used my run of the mill cheapo Casio digi cam,

transtechnic
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:42:36 PM

The great weather certainly is the only additive you nned for some nice shots Coolespecially when the booms start to cast shadows like the last shots..nice.regards.

Aubrey.

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
kevin
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:57:03 PM

Very nice indeed.....*Rubs hands together..Applause
Paul
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:12:23 PM

What a cracking line-upApplause

And with what's being released we'll soon be seeing an LTM12000 line-up!.

Oh, and the sun may be shining but watch out for a low flying bird scoot.Wink

Smile

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:23:26 PM

cheers Thorleif,

I had my dog on bird patrol while i was setting up,then i had horrible visions of all the cranes on the deck from him jumping at the birds lol

ulf
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:46:11 PM

Some great pics. You can't beat Mother Nature when it comes to lighting. Very nice... Applause
bigcranes
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 11:48:06 PM

Very nice post Graham! Love the Franz Bracht especially, those ycc hooks are fun too Liar Teeth

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
dain555
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 11:08:57 AM

Nice shots Graham!!!

As I have said before, if you need to relocate some of those to the states for work I have a good place for them to work from !!!! Whistle Whistle Teeth Teeth

A very sweet colection for sure!!!!

Oh darn, now I need plastic over my keypad so it won't sssshort ouuuut on mmme!!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 4:11:22 PM

dain555 wrote:
Nice shots Graham!!!

As I have said before, if you need to relocate some of those to the states for work I have a good place for them to work from !!!! Whistle Whistle Teeth Teeth

Oh darn, now I need plastic over my keypad so it won't sssshort ouuuut on mmme!!!!

everyone loves a nice line up of hookers,I mean Lifters Teeth Teeth

I keep trying to send them to you Dainn but you never give me your address Liar Liar Teeth

dead on Mark,nothing is more fun than those YCC hook blocks,the only hook blocks that require rocket science to reeve,if they don't test your patience...... lol

Homer
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 4:22:20 PM

Great collection of heavy metal graham. Demag Mania... and a grove for good measure!!

Noel.
dain555
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:55:21 AM

gbarnewall wrote:
dain555 wrote:
Nice shots Graham!!!

everyone loves a nice line up of hookers,I mean Lifters Teeth Teeth

I keep trying to send them to you Dainn but you never give me your address Liar Liar Teeth

dead on Mark,nothing is more fun than those YCC hook blocks,the only hook blocks that require rocket science to reeve,if they don't test your patience...... lol

Graham, when your ready just PM me and will gladly give you my address!!!!!Teeth Teeth Whistle Whistle Eh? Eh?

I also have a 3 sheave YCC hook and I don't think that one is hard, maybe the 7 or 15 sheave ones would be a bear though!!!

Oh and where did you get the hooks for your chains????

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!