DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:54:56 PM

Groups: Member

transtechnic wrote:
Great run of pics grahamApplause Applause..the gods are looking out for you...first the kavanagh crane then this:d/ Teeth..regards.

Aubrey.

am i getting to wishful by anticipating this... we're getting a new system for RDF,and in the system is a 20+ton shredder,from Austria,now anyone know of any Austrian HH companies????? with a blue livery????? Teeth Teeth Teeth

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Homer
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:24:54 PM

Graham, what a stroke of luck that was! Cool Those are great pics, the only pic i've seen of the 1:1 version of the model before is the one that came on the certificate!!

Who knows, knowing your luck you could see a blue Austrian HH rig pulling in there soon.. I saw two of them on the naas dual carriageway this time last year so who knows!! Smile

Oh BTW, I think he should've brought the interdolly for that fuchs!! Liar Liar

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 7:54:02 PM

lil bit bored again so I decided to go along with the 1/1 JON Fuchs pics,I'd take some 1/50 shots

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Antho
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:27:55 PM

Nice comparision!! You were really lucky to see that big boy at your job! Man it's a sweet truck, really cool!
Homer
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:32:00 PM

Nice pics graham, thanks for taking the time and effort to post them! Applause

Noel.
bigcranes
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 11:07:30 PM

Great pics Graham! I really like that O'Neal truck, and the Franz Bracht ac500 make an excellent desk organizerTeeth Teeth
Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 10:10:52 AM

Just been busy with more lifting ropes,

Since I found this stuff, I will be using no other

1mm(50mm) 1.5mm(75mm) and 2mm(100mm)

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 2:51:37 PM

ok,I caught this convoy moving through my landing,at the top of my stairs

120ton beam v's 800hp

Antho
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 3:11:47 PM

Is that the beam you told me you built? If it is... Damn! It's nice!!
bigcranes
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 5:10:25 PM

Very nice Graham! I like the beam, those cables look the job as well! where do you get the crimps and the tool?

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
GusO
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 5:49:12 PM

they are the best small scale cables i have seen to date as for the crimping perfect
i want a full report on my desk by 9 0 clock in the morning.
i think for a complete touch of realism, you should buy a jar of black wash from one of those fantasy figures shops , did you make that load for the truck i want that report on my desk also.Smile
transtechnic
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 8:51:28 PM

Excellent load for the MAN.. your extrodinarly lucky to live in that houseApplause Applause Whistle Wink..or you would have completly missed this passing thru.. Teeth.. great cables..i agree with Gus..in black would be coolCool..would order some in black Whistle Whistle..how much are they working out price wise??..,would gladly pay you in MAY!! in clontraf Whistle..for some cables....regards.
Aubrey.

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 11:00:02 PM

GusO wrote:

....i think for a complete touch of realism, you should buy a jar of black wash from one of those fantasy figures shops....

yeah,i have had a few comments about the big ginger mullet on the terex man,might go for the black wash after all Wink Teeth Teeth

Homer
Posted: Sunday, April 04, 2010 8:36:57 AM

Graham, there must be serious construction going on in your house, first CHL and John O'Neills big lift and now a convoy on the landing all the way from Austria! Smile The ac1600 looks smashing in felbermayr colours! Drool

Noel.
Martin J.
Posted: Sunday, April 04, 2010 9:44:52 AM

bigcranes wrote:
where do you get the crimps and the tool?

Very nice ropes Graham, where did you get the crimping tool and how much and did the hooks on the chans come from Yellow Brick Road?

Engineering; Its all STRESS and not just Force over Area!
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 1:34:11 PM

reposting these pics after I lost the bap with photobucket,last time i'll be using them

so grabbed car keys and armed with my camera i headed off to snap snap snap

first up is McCormick MacNaughton's new Caterpillar Dublin HQ

a 365clme lurking out back

sweet 1/1 dio

that was the new fancy shmancy Cat dealer,here's a pic of the old one

now onto Liebherr dublin,

and finally to a job only 5 minutes from where i live,adding a new line to the Luas(tram)

and for the old skool volvo lovers

Antho
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 1:59:46 PM

What? That's all you had to show??? d'oh!

xD! Great shots Graham! I first thought the inside dio was 1/2 models lol The 972 is sweet also!
transtechnic
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 2:26:05 PM

great day today..perfect for snaps..G'BRIEN and SIAC cranesSmile new CATS..and CRANE HIRES merc..Applause Applause nice out & about trip..do you know what will happen to Mc C / Mc N old facility graham??..regards.

AubreySmile

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 2:47:29 PM

transtechnic wrote:
great day today..perfect for snaps..G'BRIEN and SIAC cranesSmile new CATS..and CRANE HIRES merc..Applause Applause nice out & about trip..do you know what will happen to Mc C / Mc N old facility graham??..regards.

AubreySmile

I may try moving in under the squatters rights thing lol,I haven't a clue about it now,sure no one wants property now-a-days,so it could sit idle there for years too come,bit sad,they had a sweet old cat tractor there too,think it was a caterpillar five or something,and a humongus crank shaft that was from a boat engine,about 3ft diameter and about 15/18ft long,I didn't see either at the new place

dain555
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 4:29:47 PM

really nice snaps Graham, I like the tracks on that Liebherr and the tower crane top.

Was the tower crane cab going to the Liebherr shop???

Keep up the good detective work for us!!!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!