DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 4:00:46 PM

Groups: Member

Dain the demag ycc hook blocks are slightly different to the Liebherr ones,a time consuming pain! lol but fun Liar Liar

Here are some pics I took in work,a packer is being lifted into place by Trackline,they are the first crane hire company I was exposed to,I lived next door to their yard from 0 yrs to 4,I hold them solely responsible for my addiction and my ever growing debt Teeth Teeth

more pics to come, package day.... Teeth

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 4:14:08 PM

The main lift,sorry no info on weights,i'm guessing around 6-ish tonne

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Knock Knock,hello,hey,just sign here please,ok..... here you go,thanks....bye...(puts kettle on)"

To see more pics,just press "red" on your remote... Teeth Teeth Teeth

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

DeWoc19
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 4:28:20 PM

and here you thought you were going to have to wait til the end of July for your Bracht 112
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 8:18:43 PM

well here ya go! I have to say it somehow looks more imposing than my red n black one,I guess the black makes it look physically smaller or hides the details,anyway,here she is..

Antho
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 8:22:48 PM

Holy crap! That one looks great man!!! And you don't even have a picture of your lovely BLACK Mammoet one Cool
bigcranes
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 1:40:06 AM

Absolutely beautiful! I hope mine shows up soon! I too love the Mammoet but the black does hide some of the details. They are all great though, any word on the McNally's????????Whistle Whistle Whistle

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
DeWoc19
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 1:59:48 AM

looks pretty good man... nice addition to the fleet.... no family picture though? tandem lift? not even a hook block on that bad boy yet!? Confused you dont need any sleep, you need to assemble cranes
J.Galvez
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 4:40:49 AM

DeWoc19 wrote:
looks pretty good man... nice addition to the fleet.... no family picture though? tandem lift? not even a hook block on that bad boy yet!? Confused you dont need any sleep, you need to assemble cranes

x 2.

Even a crane collapse on "unpackage"?Teeth Teeth

P.S.Viva Mexico!!!Irish revenge!!

Jose.

The proudly Mexican cookie monster!

It's a diecast thing.You couldn't understand!
Homer
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 9:37:34 AM

J.Galvez wrote:
P.S.Viva Mexico!!!Irish revenge!!

You said it Jose, we were behind ye all the way!! well done! Wink Applause Applause

Graham, that is a cracker of a model and i have to agree it does look a lot nicer than the red and black one! Roll on the mcnallys next Wink

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 3:53:53 PM

Dain,about the hooks

These get forged in my steel works

Then go on to further manufacturing processes as you can see

actually they come from a crafts shop here in the city,but say nothing Silenced Silenced Teeth

GusO
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 4:11:22 PM

bigcranes i would say ricky is waiting to post the trucks as well with the mcnallys to save on postage
that is what i am doing patience young grasshoper, go on the mexicans the boys in green.i taught i would have my quota with the mammoet and mcnallys, but the mediaco was to nice to pass onSmile
Lima 70T
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 1:57:23 AM

Love the demags wow huge hook blocks. I do see a nice detail on the 11200, rods inside the truck cab for the windscreen blinds?

As Mammoet says "SIZE DOES MATTER". Slowly collecting Mammoet 1:50 scale stuff. Mainly cranes!
dain555
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 12:17:27 PM

Thanks Graham, having someone that works making jewelry I now know what they are that you use for hooks!!!!!:d/ :d/ Think Think

May I say it is a very good idea. I also use "jump rings" and bend them into a hook shape with small jeweler's pliers, I will have to "forge" a few of the kind you have and do some "test" studies with them.

I also have the formula memorized for the weight that I can lift, may have to recheck my figures with the "new" hooks, LMAO!!!!!!Think Think Whistle Whistle d'oh! d'oh!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 4:09:20 PM

hahaha Teeth Teeth Teeth

good stuff man,all those little things just add that litle bit of realism,I have to buy another rolled pliers,I went a bit over the top with my last one and it snapped d'oh! d'oh! I forgot its 1/50 pressure you apply d'oh! d'oh!

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 10:05:04 PM

4 more to come... and so the family grows

gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2010 11:14:51 AM

another amazing day,so got my Irish fleet together for a summer shoot,hope you enjoy..

Martin J.
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 6:15:53 PM

Class pictures Graham the look amazing in the Irish sun Eh? your probably sun burnt from taking them but it was worth it!

Engineering; Its all STRESS and not just Force over Area!
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:27:16 PM

who knew that I worked 5 minutes drive from McNallys Dublin depot?

there wasn't too much in their yard,a heap load of luffer and jib extensions...

Oh and this little fella Teeth Teeth

gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2010 6:49:49 PM

14.07 Arrival scan,Barking GB......Teeth Teeth

Homer
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2010 7:01:40 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
14.07 Arrival scan,Barking GB......Teeth Teeth

Same as mine.. to the exact minute! I'm watching it like a hawk!! Teeth Anxious

Noel.