DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
renaultman
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 4:49:10 PM

Groups: Member

Nice girder load. Is the Chris Bennett model out yet.

gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:44:01 PM

Damn you photobucket!!!!!

does deleting some old pics from photobucket cure this problem???

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Martin J.
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:50:22 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
Damn you photobucket!!!!!

does deleting some old pics from photobucket cure this problem???

I presume you are refering to the bandwidth exceeded, I cant see any of the ones you posted recently. You could create a new/second account and continue from there Wink

Engineering; Its all STRESS and not just Force over Area!
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 8:14:50 PM

I was disturbed today in the workshop by an awesome growl,as i check to see what it was,this little baby was pulling into the yard,you may have seen her in 1/50 guise only recently Teeth Teeth

she was in lifting some pre cut sections of mass concrete,four lifts in total,the first of which was 12 tons

first section of wall i missed being lifted,this was the heaviest at 12tons,would make a nice ready made drive

2nd piece chained up,I also missed this lift,through having to do some work myself!!! this country!!! d'oh!

still chained up waiting for the flat bed

6 tons,not needed

set up for the 3rd lift,a chunk maybe 6ft x 4ft x 1ft

these 3 were taken zoomed in on my phone so they quality has suffered

and back to zoom out mode

and a blue bonus

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

kevin
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 8:34:30 PM

Fantastic pics Graham thanks for sharing....must get a run down someday Smiley
Antho
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 9:02:15 PM

Great shots Graham!! That AC100 is sweet!
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 9:29:29 PM

kevin wrote:
Fantastic pics Graham thanks for sharing....must get a run down someday Smiley

yeah,before that border goes back up!!!

so the way things are going,I'll be due an ac200-1 or ltm1200 tomorrow

bigcranes
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 11:16:39 PM

great pics Graham! That old Volvo is a beauty, and what is that liebherr dozer with the 10 foot wide crawlers? Beautiful looking cat dealer too, much nicer than any around here.

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:26:40 PM

more Crane-age!! sorry for quality,these were snapped mhile driving in a rush for work this morning

Martin J.
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:33:41 PM

Fantastic pictures definitely worth the wait Teeth When did McCormack MacNaughton move into the new buildings, hadnt herd anything about it which reminds me havent seen a Cat magazine in a few months Think

gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:36:54 PM

they moved in maybe a month ago,amazing looking place,shame it won't see much use now for a long time,it was a muddy hole when the recession hit,so they would have had to go ahead with it,but a super clean looking place,

and a double shame from my point of view too as the old place was literally visable from my bedroom window Sad now i'll have to drive 10 mins!!!!!! this country!!!Liar Liar Teeth

gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:40:30 PM

bigcranes wrote:
great pics Graham! That old Volvo is a beauty, and what is that liebherr dozer with the 10 foot wide crawlers? Beautiful looking cat dealer too, much nicer than any around here.

Mark

I think thats one of those "walk on water" liebherr dozers lol Teeth Teeth ,wonder if its a Bórd na Mona machine,for the peat bogs

gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 6:09:46 PM

future project perhaps....

gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:43:27 PM

renaultman wrote:

haven't a clue about the Bennett rig,budget nowadays only allows Irish or blue Teeth

the beam was just a spur off the moment,I seen four pieces of channel shaped cladding in work about 500mm long so i nabbed 'em quick!! glued in some re-bar lifting eyes,thickened the walls with some 6mm wood strips and then isoponed the lot,they're not perfect but a nice cheap load and ideal now for a dual blue lift,i think they'd weigh in around the 120 ton mark

Paul R
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 5:57:55 AM

renaultman wrote:

I have to say I am a bit confused by this question. If you mean the Chris Bennett Volvo with 2+4 Nooteboom, then yes it is out and has been for quite some time now.

Here is a link to some photos I took (just scroll down a bit) and you can still buy them from here. They are not listed on his website but he is still selling them on the well known auction website Wink

Paul R
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 3:35:42 PM

ok enough of the real world lifts,lets see a 1/50 lift,I left the computer room for an hour and when i got back,this greeted me!!

Terex guy feel all accomplished after mastering the reeving of a ycc hook block,you will deserve a pint tonight for that young man

120ton prestressed concrete beam all hooked up

view back from the 800hp OAF

into the boom lift for this one

Mr.T over-seeing the lift

not sure of the technical term for these but that didn't stop we whittling them up earlier

steel ropes and YCC block(super fun to reeve)

Martin J.
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 3:48:05 PM

Nice pics I like the pulley Think Think Think

Antho
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 3:51:56 PM

nice shots! But where's the 4 feet jib? lol
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 3:57:12 PM

Martin J. wrote:
Nice pics I like the pulley Think Think Think

"pulley" d'oh! d'oh! lol why I don't feel stupid right now at all lol,Taxi for me

Homer
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 6:59:54 PM

Nice pics graham and nice job on the 'pulley' too! Teeth I think this is the nicest ac500 from conrad to date.. Are you gonna get the fly jib for it when its released?

Hopefully the felbermayr MAN TGX will be available soon too, yet more expenditure!! Anxious Anxious Think

Noel.