DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 6:23:47 PM

Groups: Member

nothings working Sad

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 7:38:37 PM

take 3..... I think I have found the reason they would not load Wink

so just hydro lines to assemble and glue and decals and she'll be ready for a hard days work

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

bigcranes
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:41:26 PM

I like that one Graham! Is Hitachi Orange fairly easy paint to get?

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
Boatboy6
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:02:49 PM

Gaz did a great job! An awesome model, think you could do a size comparison to another model?

Arioch

Antho
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2010 12:31:29 AM

WHAT!!! Graham, man you didn't tell me that lucky SOB!!!! Can't wait to see it with all the hoses and stuff.
RowanH
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2010 6:09:25 AM

That looks fantastic! I really like those short straight / demo boom swap out machines. All you need now is a cradle to hold the demo boom. Do you plan on getting one of the WSI 870's? I'm looking forward to the comparisons.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 10:12:41 AM

Mark,Gaz told me to use RAL 2009,its pretty damn close,very very very close,if you can't get that perhaps there is a hitachi dealer close?

I love Gaz's after market booms,one I'm painting at the moment should look great!

Boatboy,I'll try get some comparison snaps for you later,have you anything specific in mind for a comparison?

Rowan,I'd like to get the excavator version,we all 3 but,the excavator first,they look in another class altogether,more "glass case" than anything

Martin J.
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 1:34:21 PM

Nice work Graham and Gaz, they should look class when piped!

gbarnewall wrote:
they look in another class altogether,more "glass case" than anything

I just got the email from WSI and WOW they look amazing particularly the images on the WSI website (compared to those on the Hitachi shop site) http://www.wsi-models.com/en/news/newsitem/34

Engineering; Its all STRESS and not just Force over Area!
Paul A
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 3:12:30 PM

Looks the part graham just gotta find time to paint mine lol. got my cat 5110b 3 piece demo off gaz this morning that looks great as well.

Paul A

Take it to the limit and then just a bit more
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 4:45:18 PM

I had just finished painting my cat triple boom today too,just have to give Pirtek a call,need some hoses made Teeth Wink

but first!!!!!!

some work pics

Keen fans will easily spot the spreader bars here,made by muggins here,which are being certified as they lift Teeth

now to unbox my Sarens LTM11200......

gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 5:53:42 PM

and now for the most eagerly awaited models I've purchased

Amazing job By Lothar on this model,there is just something about that shade of blue that encapsulates me

Hope to get a LTM11200 family shot tomorrow,weather permiting

bigcranes
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 11:27:14 PM

Damn you! Teeth I must move to the UK so I can get my models faster!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Seriously, that is a very nice crane! I can't wait for mine, bare brass ycc rams on the way to recieve a coat of blue.

Mark

Mark L.

DeWoc19
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2010 12:31:12 AM

im jealous of you as well! totally cant wait for all my 112s to show up... and get my repaint done.... going to be a nice 112 family portrait come December im hoping....

will be curious to see if any more liveries come out this year, really hoping for a ROXU one, that would be awesome, I WILL TOTALLY GET ONE OF THOSE IF THEY DO!!! WinkAni
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2010 9:39:54 AM

Now now Dewoc,or was that Dewac?? Wink you shouldn't be saying things like that,you could cause a 2nd global recession,I heard these "OMG I have to get this" comments are now legal and binding world wide, lol Wink Teeth Teeth

Mark if your thinking of moving,don't forget that couch of yours!! Teeth Wink the couch that thinks its an ATM,I've never seen a couch with a split personality Teeth

dain555
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2010 11:25:10 AM

Graham, old buddy, those are some sweet pics!!

You definately need to find extra room for all those cranes though!!!!

Uh, I have some extra space if you need it for some of those 11200s, you could send 2 over here to the states to "work" and I have the "yard" for them to work out of!!!! Teeth Teeth Teeth Whistle Whistle Whistle Angel Angel Angel

Nice work shots also, is that a Violia company vehicle in the one pic?????

We have a company with the same name here in Florida working the landfill near us!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 5:19:55 PM

hours of being frustrated by glue that just doesn't do what you want,I finally got hold of some contact cement,and got 'er finished

I didn't add the Hitachi decals or bother with pipe armour this time

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bigcranes
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:46:30 PM

That turned out great! It's on my want list for sureTeeth

Mark

Mark L.

Homer
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 6:48:03 AM

That looks excellent graham, you did a great job on the painting and hoses.. I think it looks much better with this boom and bucket than it does with the demo booms from NZG! Drool

Noel.
GusO
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 4:27:33 PM

very nice graham, you must have all the 11200 to date nice work from gaz
jasus man you must have the cc maxed out around jupiter by nowWhistle Teeth
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 4:32:57 PM

GusO wrote:
very nice graham, you must have all the 11200 to date nice work from gaz

Ah he does super work,resin is easy to work with plus its light as a feather,he's got some more nice pieces in the works too,I'll be passing on the Grohmann,Van Marvijk and Eisle 112's

GusO wrote:
jasus man you must have the cc maxed out around jupiter by nowWhistle Teeth

Gus,cc's are like the odometer in you car,when you get to 999,999 they go back to 0 Teeth