DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 5:06:46 PM

Groups: Member

Cheers guys,

Mark, when I looked up their yard I was gutted to find it was just 5mins drive from my job,had I known earlier God only knows what else I'd have snapped,the TC2800 is next on my hit list Teeth the LTR11200 could be an elusive lady too lol

Aubrey,Martin was generous enough to give me a large chunk of his Sunday morning time,he's a super nice friendly guy,real easy going and didn't get annoyed with all my 100's of questions Teeth

But I think we will have to name her alright,"Big Grainne"? wasn't she on Bosco// Wink Teeth Teeth ,maybe she should be named after one of the Seoige sisters*edit*( one of them is Grainne lol d'oh! ) Wink Wink Drool Drool

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 8:05:40 PM

and the last blast of snappy snaps from McNallys

pass the crimpers,ehhh...

I initially thought these were off the LTM11200,but then I thought I seen a pic on the interweb of an LTM1500 with a very similar offset jib tip to the LTM11200...

TC bits 'n bobs

Trailer had wire ropes and spreader bars

130 tonner

90 tonner

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Sam-wch
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 8:44:01 PM

Love them ltm1090's, one of my favourite cranes. Also liking the reg on it Wink Cool

Great pics once again Graham, thanks for posting Applause Teeth
Homer
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:02:13 PM

Graham, you lucky .... Teeth Super pics, great to see the big LG up so close and personal, thanks for sharing!

We need conrad to make a model of this in mcnallys livery (with correct typeface used in the decals of course!) Pray Pray

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:25:24 PM

Well today was a good day,good weather and the mother of all package days to go along with the blue skies

All the way from the US we have this

and I walked past these two in reception to get to the one above,such was my delight at seeing it

On the breakfast table beside the Jaffa cakes,Rice Crispies and cup of tea,which lets face it is a pretty impressive set up Teeth Teeth I opened my MTH UP Heritage SD70ACe,only one of these exists in the real world,the numbers of models I suspect made are greater but not by much and I couldn't believed that I picked this up long after they were made,preordered and sold out,for the RRP too,no crazy price hikes because it a rare item like ALOT of fleecing model shops here!!

Now in the huge NZG taped box was this,spotted on ebay by a fellow forum member and fond alcoholicist Teeth Wink ,this was again an unreal bargain,got for 20% less than in 90% of other shops,purchase and shipping came in alot under the RRP

This for the initial look is a romper stomper of a model,typical high end finishing from NZG,in the detail and paint finish department,buy this model in any guise and you will struggle to be unimpressed

These pics were taken on my phone in work,hense the poor quality,the last package I got two WSI RAL1007 MAN TGX's and ballast trailers,both boxes contained loose parts Whistle Whistle Silenced Whatever Whatever

Jack.
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:43:02 PM

Im glad to hear that the cold and blue had no loose parts. Alot of white stuff in there with it!

Looking forward to seeing it exhumed from the box!

Heavy Cranes
cranedude07
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:51:36 PM

oops, double postd'oh!

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
cranedude07
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:52:36 PM

great PD! the 1300 is a very nice model especially with the derrick! the blue looks good
think your the only member here that has the blue version so farWinkAni

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Sam-wch
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:07:15 PM

Nice package day Graham Wink Think im gonna have to get a LR1300, seems to be a great model. I wanna see some pics of her all set up Teeth WinkAni

I have a RAL1007 MAN on the way also, should be here by friday. Hopefully I'll have no loose parts Pray
bigcranes
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:48:17 PM

Great stuff Graham, I really want an LR1300 myself. Whaen can we see yours rigged up??

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
Paul R
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:44:05 AM

cranedude07 wrote:
great PD! the 1300 is a very nice model especially with the derrick! the blue looks good
think your the only member here that has the blue version so farWinkAni

Not for much longer Wink

Good bag Graham. I have been wanting the LR1300 since the yellow version but then couldn't decide between the Felbermayr and van Marwijk. Finally decided on the Felbermayr.

Paul R
Robert Heuston
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:06:32 AM

The felbermayr unit looks great, does it come with the back mast and dolly or not?
Paul R
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:34:31 AM

Robert Heuston wrote:
The felbermayr unit looks great, does it come with the back mast and dolly or not?

Yes it does.

Paul R
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:42:24 AM

Thanks for the comments guys,and again appologies about the poor quality of snaps,

Sadly she's back in the box and stashed away as I have zero space and a much bigger fish to fry soon,when this fish has been fried,lightly seasoned with a squirt of fresh lemon juice and served with some roast potatoes, boiled carrots and peas alot more unboxing will be done

The LR1300 is sold as the complete unit although the derrick and crane+flyjib are boxed separate,so who knows what the future holds......

Robert Heuston
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:53:54 AM

Thanks for the info Graham and Paul ill think more seriously about getting the Felbermayr unit now.
Homer
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:54:17 PM

Wow great package day Graham, bet you couldn't wait to get home from work yesterday to 'play' with that lot! That train looks sweet, I think it might be your nicest choo choo yet! Teeth

Oh and not only were you first on this forum to get the felbermayr LR but also on all other sites too because I was searching for pics of it since she was released and yours were the first to surface! Your right about that bargain man, I wasn't sure about buying it before but after seeing her now i'm glad I took the plunge.. Anyway sure you couldn't go too far wrong for that price! Wink

Sorry to hear about the loose parts in your WSI boxes, its becoming a far too common occurance lately though unfortunately. Sad

Noel.
GusO
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 9:33:32 AM

Nice one dude how did yourself and that other fella manage to get them so cheap for that price i would have took one myselfSmile
Sam-wch
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 2:01:45 PM

Felbermayr lr1300's going cheap??? Where??? Teeth Cool
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2011 6:56:32 AM

Another package day today,quick report from work,and on a quick inspection of the model it left me gob smacked,probably the nicest version of this model to date,will try get snaps up later,thats ALL for now Wink

transtechnic
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2011 7:24:36 AM

..Think Think Think Cool..

Aubrey.

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..