DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 3:59:46 PM

Groups: Member

looks alot! beter than mine did,some animal operating mine lol

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 11:59:32 AM

So off to the Dublin toy and Train Fair today,meet up with Mr Murphy of Collectors Toys in Cork,he had and always does have a smattering of Tekno items,

out of the corner of my eye I spotted this beauty! and for a very nice price too,I was convinced i'd see Elvis and JC partying together before i'd see one of these for sale again at this price,and not on Ebay

Transtechnic,I met up with certain representitives,they questioned why you weren't there,consequently the "project" has been binned Teeth Teeth d'oh!

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

transtechnic
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 2:38:44 PM

DAMN!!!!d'oh! d'oh!....LMAOTeeth Teeth Teeth..thats just dirty play and extortion..Shame on you Shame on you ...

Nice find with the CARSTEN...that was well worth the addmission feeApplause Applause..i like the container for load...just for the jibe i won't spill the beans on the LTM Shame on you Shame on you Silenced...,regards.

Aubrey Wink

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
Homer
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:22:13 PM

Very lucky find there graham, another extremely rare one, i'll have to start going to this show and try getting there earlier than you.. last time you went you found a mammoet daf xf with ballast trailer! Not talking

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:27:19 PM

that mammoet daf had a few names on it,you can fight Kevin for it Wink

GusO
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 5:28:16 PM

nice find what a beaut, one of my favourite truck models
i remember i suffered from 2ites one time i had to part with one of them an offer i could not refuse
i was talking to kevin about the show it is fully booked out he had to turn away a good few myself the homer fella and darren are staying over night in the hotel across the road what are you at brother? martin are you going ?what about yourself aubret? i think it is over 20,000 sf lads coming from GB and europe.Smile
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 5:34:09 PM

never got round to making a decision on the show,i'll deffo go for a look but just haven't been thinking about a display or anything,i was gonna bring some tractors as there's gonna be way too many cranes and HH now Wink Wink Teeth Teeth

maybe next year,i'll start planning something now for next year

should be great craic

Fabio
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 6:02:08 PM

gbarnewall wrote:

does Sna ring a bell with anyone or even this imaginative livery?

Sna was a italian crane rental company.
It failed several year ago.

S = società (in English it means company or society)
n = noleggio (in English it means rental or hire)
a = autogru (in Englis it means crane)
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 6:39:02 PM

thanks Fabio! I knew there would be someone out there who knew what it was Smile

so this is where Sna's little 45 ton Krupp ended up Teeth

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:08:40 PM

Well these arrived a few days ago,bit lax on the posting pics lately

the Franz Bracht LTM1200 looks the biz,really happy with that model and great to see jib section sign writing too ( thank Mr Kavanagh for setting that standard with Conrad )

there seems to be new pullies added to these LTM1200's the one I got many moons ago were chubby grey plastic ones that were too stiff to rotate,these are free to rotate easily,i added a YCC hook and the red ring to hook it to the bumper.

This was another new buy,I park it in the desert for 2 minutes and its had its 3 pointed star emblem nicked!! suspect was seen leaving dressed in full yellow rain gear in a vehicle similar to a black Mini with Union Jack on the roof Think Think

Mammoet Daf CF with a delivery for Mr T,lots of chain

And some death defying pic taking at 120kph

bigcranes
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2010 10:18:14 PM

All nice additions Graham! I do like that Franz Bracht 1200, and I was cutting backThink

Thanks for the pics,

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
laurent o.e.987
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2010 10:38:37 PM

is that the only one in ireland????
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2010 12:11:23 AM

laurent o.e.987 wrote:
is that the only one in ireland????

is what the only one?

Mark,i have a plan,I'm waiting until the last day of 2010 to say "no more models this year" i won't be lying to myself then lol

laurent o.e.987
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2010 5:13:42 AM

exactly...lol that is a great collection graham...has to be one of the best in the world...
Paul R
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2010 5:34:37 AM

bigcranes wrote:
All nice additions Graham! I do like that Franz Bracht 1200, and I was cutting backThink

Thanks for the pics,

Mark

Do it the cheap way then, but the standard Liebherr model and get decals for it Wink Something I was thinking about 'cos the proper FB version is quite a lot more than the standard one.

Does look a good model though.

Paul R
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:32:29 AM

thanks Laurent o.e. 987,but i'm sure there are bigger better ones out there Smile

Paul you would have to strip and paint the carrier chassis black,it seems to make it stand out more than the standard Liebherr,I don't mind paying the extra bit when you can see where the money has gone,I remember Mr Kavanagh telling me it cost €3 to put the name on the boom sections,but its still quite a bit more than the plain Liebherr version

bigcranes
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2010 3:01:32 PM

Paul R wrote:
bigcranes wrote:

Thanks for the pics,

Mark

Do it the cheap way then, but the standard Liebherr model and get decals for it Wink Something I was thinking about 'cos the proper FB version is quite a lot more than the standard one.

Does look a good model though.

Paul R

Something I have never been very good at doingThink

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
Homer
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2010 6:57:52 PM

Eeeeeeeeeuuuuwwwwww Franz Bracht.. thats just standard liebherr livery with decals slapped on!! Sick Sick Wink Wink I like the FB 1200 graham.. I love what you've done with the hook block lol!! Smile As you said, Mr Kavanagh has set a very very welcome trend with more accurate and detailed models from conrad.

The others are great additions too.. cant see that MB + Goldhofer staying silver and blue much longer??!! Mr T will be delighted with all that chain, and a big hiab to lift it over his head Teeth

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 6:13:10 PM

Here is one of Gaz Evans' great pieces of work,the excavation boom,stick and bucket,looks great and adds yet more combinations to this smart model,you also get the short lifting boom,material to make hydraulic lines,allu rod to make the pins and decals

gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 6:16:05 PM

hahaha ooops,imageshack and DHS must be experiencing problems....i'll try get some pics up again

ok 2nd attempt

Uploaded with ImageShack.us