DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 9:07:45 PM

Groups: Member

man thats one sick depressed flat bed rail car!!! i want that thing, i need me a locomotive and that car to go with it Drool
GC1
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:05:49 AM

Outstanding ..Ray, that thing is beautiful. You see that Graham...your window sill would need a serious upgrade to have that sitting on it.
RayT
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:17:52 AM

Take a look at some of their other stuff.

http://www.kohs.com/index.htm

Top quality hand made brass models, engineering in miniature, museum pieces.

I have my name down for a couple of pieces, just got to find a of paying for them now.

Expensive yes, but you get a lot of bang for your buck.

Ray...

Nostalgia is not what it used to be
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:58:13 AM

GC1 wrote:
Outstanding ..Ray, that thing is beautiful. You see that Graham...your window sill would need a serious upgrade to have that sitting on it.

The ol' window sill just isn't worthy of a magnificent piece like that

Ray those are some amazing items,now to wait til tomorrow to play the lotto Cool

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

transtechnic
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:18:18 AM

Hey Graham..with all the heavy haulage/crane traffic on the ''sill ''..why dont you let the ulf girls work for a feeThink Think Whistle ..as long as ulf gets a remittance i'm sure he would'nt objectWink..

Both Gus & Noel have alpine passes that need paying tolls on... Whistle Whistle, sure the international travel would be good for the girls...constrained times need new ideas..call it a public/private patnership..Cool

Aubrey.Smile

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
GC1
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:13:26 PM

Graham...it goes like this...darling?? what do you think about a Bay window for the front, this old one here just doesn't make the house look good. Of course we will both have to work a bit more OT to pay for the upgrade....Cool Cool

How do I know this....because I have a brand new ensuite that was finished yesterday and that is how the conversation was originally started by "her indoors"(believe me they don't come cheap and she has a nose for expensive)...only problem is I am doing the overtime.

Cannot complain though she just scored a contract for 2 weeks at 8 grand, she just doesnt' know it yet, but she is paying for that Weisbauer 1070 and the McNallys 1070 that are expected in the next week.
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:15:24 PM

hahaha good stuff lads Teeth Teeth

I had thought about the Ulf girls,but as we all know girls can be alot of trouble,let alone the Ulf girls,plus,you let them in and then they forever know Wink Wink I hear the travelers are even wary of them Teeth Teeth

Gary I'm hoefully not too far from making my biggest purchase,its just a matter of finding a place with a 100 yard long window sill lol I think thats a given,viewing properties and all I'm doing is measuring up the window sills,don't care if its got 10 bathrooms and no kitchen,its all about the sills Teeth

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:45:24 AM

Hi all,I haven't posted on here in what seems like donkeys years,however today I was given the oppertunity of a life time again by Mogs,who invited me to come on down and have a snoop around his office Teeth Teeth Wink

Little teaser

gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:52:20 AM

This was like the A-Team van inside,even had the machine gun cabinet Teeth

Jack.
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:59:30 AM

Graham,

You 'd' Man.

Now give us some pictures!!!!!!

I want to see inside the van!! Bunk beds? LCD TV?

Heavy Cranes
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2011 11:00:57 AM

And now Irelands biggest

She's a biiiiiiiig lady

Paul R
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2011 11:59:09 AM

Fantastic shots Graham! A great opportunity to see the LG.

Paul R
dain555
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2011 12:32:30 PM

But I don't think that "Toy" will fit on your window sills!!!!d'oh! d'oh! Applause Applause

Nice snaps Graham, glad Mogs let you go with and take your camera!!!!

Hopefully you got some other snaps as well from McNally's while you were there!!Pray Pray

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Sam-wch
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:06:51 PM

Great pics Graham Applause

Any pics of any other cranes in the yard???
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:56:02 PM

Thanks guys,There are more pics to come,there wasn't much more cranes in their which is a good thing

gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:59:38 PM

This will look familiar to someone Teeth Wink

Jack.
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:46:57 PM

Where's Johns Scania?

Heavy Cranes
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2011 7:25:54 PM

and some more Wink

bigcranes
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:44:44 PM

Very nice pictures Graham!! I am jealous of your proximity to one of these big girls!

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
transtechnic
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 7:43:19 AM

Great shots Graham Applausehow long did you get to spend with martin in the depotThink..
..and peek a boo i see you through the ballast trailer..are you shy little picker Whistle Smile...

Just one thing wrong with this babe...,Shame on you ..she aint gotta name(may i suggest ''BIG GRAINNE''..just to correct the gender imbalance with the 2 lads...ie FIONN MAC COMHAILE AGUS BIG HAMISH..

.. & more decals on the cab..pimp my LG

Made my monday graham thanks..Teeth Cool

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..