DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
dain555
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:53:50 PM

Groups: Member

Good stuff Graham, I really enjoyed it!!!!

I'd watch out for that ULF crew though, I heard they were in Europe with their own container ship to "acquire" some equipment, don't know how correct my sources are though!!!!! LOL

I do know ULF's acquisition team has some "new" tires to ride on!!!!LOL

Can't wait now to see some rolling stock behind that Loco and on those cranes!!!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Martin J.
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 2:32:40 PM

Very nice! Cool Are you going to get some carriages to go with the locos? What are the lifting bars passing through the locos made from, is there a hollow metal bar in the centre of them?

Engineering; Its all STRESS and not just Force over Area!
bigcranes
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:46:20 PM

Very nice dio! That BNSF engine is very nice, I am contemplating something similar, but I heard divorces are expensive!?Liar Liar Think

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 5:39:18 PM

thanks guys for the comments,

Martin I first tested some styrene,the biggest space was only about 4 or 5 mm and the styrene was flexing too much,so a quick spin down to Marks Models and picked up some brass box section and copper tube,cut the tube slide it into the box and glue it in place,

Mark divorces are expensive,maybe get it like a mortgage,a relatively small amount over 30-35yrs Teeth
I just got word that MTH's O scale Norfolk Southern freight set is in and ready to ship Shhh Shhh Whistle

Dain I should hopefully have the engine running soon,I can't wait,been drooling over youtube clips for weeks now Teeth

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

ulf
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 12:01:19 AM

Homer wrote:
Great stuff graham, a lot of time and effort gone into setting this up! Applause Applause

Yes, very nice job. It does take a while to set up something that complex and shooting from many different angles adds to the overall effort. Applause
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2011 2:40:28 PM

Hi all,well I haven't posted much new stuff here in a while,partly becuse I have no new stuff lol,and problems with my camera,my McCoy 666 arrived and that is one sweet model,so sweet I have a Standard 666 on the way too

So here is now my latest aquisition,knowing the McNallys ac500 had been shipped,can you picture the relief on my face when this arrived!!!!!! lol

All fitted out with 2 rail scale wheels and Kadee couplers,hauling a load and cradle I made a few months back

Sorry for the pic quality these were recovered from my phone as I'm having issues with my camera

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

dain555
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2011 5:15:05 PM

Sweet looking there Graham!!!!

Better than you described it to me!!!

And YES I am using those !!!!!!! again Whistle Whistle Whistle Speak to the hand Speak to the hand Speak to the hand

Oh well you know the old saying, "if you don't like it don't read it".

But it looks bery good and would also look really good on a depressed center flat car as well if you can find a nice one!!!!

Trudy (the other half) says it's "AWESOME"!!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 7:15:48 PM

Hi guys,its been a long time since I bought or made or painted anything model related,I think the last few aditions were O scale related items,until now,or well last thursday,I had the goo on me for a while for the Mediaco LTM11200,as I have the Sarens version,and the Mediaco is kinda cross dressed as the Sarens now,

I had it out of the box on Thursday gone just for a damage inspection,I noticed one or two parts that had suffered damage,also this model had been previously owned I suspect,as the plastic strapping and some foam was missing,so anyone out there who returned a Mediaco 112 to DMB I now have your baby

I do like this Livery alot,very smart looking and a change from the solid blue,yellow and any other versions or livery,this will be my 2nd last 112,Big Hamish will top off my 112 spending this summer,with all my future funds going on towards the AC1000 Teeth Teeth thats if Felbermayr don't go and buy a 112 between now and then

so without further-a-do some basic roading(legal in my house anyway Teeth ) snaps,this window sil seems to be a popular rest spot for all manner of cranes and HH

dain555
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 7:28:36 PM

Still waiting for my delivery of some of your unwanted ones Graham Whistle Whistle Whistle !!

Nice looking rig there, it is also kind of growing on me also!!

Thanks for the snaps!!

Dain

transtechnic
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 7:32:34 AM

Very nice addition grahamApplause..some of the best videos on youtube are the 1-6 mediaco vids showing this ltm 11200 livery up close and personal Cool..
Regards.

Aubrey.

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011 10:51:13 PM

Thanks for the comments guys,

Well its "infamous landing window sil" time

Here is the latest addition to the crane and Irish fleet,I was a bit weiry of these WSI LTM's at first,they look awfully delicate in photos,it is a cracking little model but I'm sure it won't be forgiving to the odd slip or misplaced finger,still its a striking little crane,and I think the yellow and black is alot more attractive than the Liebherr yellow and grey,I don't get turned on as much by the wee cranes as the big fellas but the level of detail goes some what to float my ehh...... crane?

lets hope rumours of a larger LTM coming from WSI are true

Thanks for looking

bigcranes
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 12:48:35 AM

Nice little one Graham I might get one of those myself. That window sill sure sees some trafficTeeth

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
J.Galvez
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 1:05:08 AM

Congrats Graham. As you always said. Not a big picker. But the detail is amazing. In the last 2 weeks I've received the Ocean traders, Sarens, (and next week) the Holler version.

Maybe it's time to consider ordering this livery.

Cheers.

Jose.

The proudly Mexican cookie monster!

It's a diecast thing.You couldn't understand!
Paul R
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:42:37 AM

Does look a nice model. Not sure if I want to add this one or not yet.

Did you get yours from Ricky?

Paul R
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:32:14 AM

Thanks guys,Mark that window sill is a hot spot for crane,HH and dirt activity Teeth and the odd loco too lol

Jose i can see this little fella being very easy to collect,I'll be getting the Sarens one too at some point,another one I really like is the Van Der Tol,I think the Mitchelsens one is out now too,

Paul I had this pre ordered and paid in full way back when they were announced,felt like it was back in 2004 lol,

#140 of 200

Paul R
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 10:42:31 AM

I have to think that Thomen can't be too far away either? I would also like the van der Tol at some point I think.

Paul R
dain555
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 1:35:41 PM

Nice looking Flatcar load Graham!!

I'm wondering if you are going to start looking for the drop deck railcar to transport some of your stuff!! Whistle Whistle Think Think

Dain

GC1
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 7:16:53 PM

I can see a Schnabel set coming to that window sill(I mean rail yard,... I mean major highway,............ I mean photo studio..Whatever )Teeth Teeth niiice.
RayT
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 7:48:50 PM

GC1 wrote:
I can see a Schnabel set coming to that window sill(I mean rail yard,... I mean major highway,............ I mean photo studio..Whatever )Teeth Teeth niiice.

Do you meen something like this? I know its not a Schnabel but a great looking model all the same.

http://www.kohs.com/PRR%20Flat%20Car%20Pages/PRR%20FD_FW%20Home.html

Enjoy.

Ray...

Nostalgia is not what it used to be
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 8:00:17 PM

Hahaha thanks Ray,god am I glad there isn't a big feckin "BUY" or "ADD TO CART" button on that page lol,I managed to get back off the page without spending a penny lol,

Dain a depressed flat car or a few depressed flat cars would be sweet!!! but my knowledge of what the model railroad companies have produced in the past is 0, I think MTH may have done one,but not sure if it was a premier one,I may have to put a normal flat car in the microwave for 5 mins on full power Teeth Teeth

Gary its all about being in the right place at the right time lol,whenever I know I'm going to be walking past that window sill I always make sure I have my camera with me,never know what you'll see Teeth Teeth Cool Cool Liar