DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gaz's Ainscough pictures (Pic heavy) Options · View
ConnorH
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:42:31 AM

Groups: Member

Great Pictures Gaz! One of these cranes was at my school today and just thought it might of been you? West sussex area?

Connor

Construction model collector.

- Connor
Gaz
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 8:36:00 PM

ConnorH wrote:
One of these cranes was at my school today and just thought it might of been you? West sussex area?

I'm way up in the North west at the moment mate so no not me, what crane was it do you know?

Few jobs under my hat the past few weeks, sometime I cannot take or have time to take pictures but i try to get a snap of most jobs i'm on.

End of last week I was on a 5 doing some bridge beams on a new by-pass in south Wales.

After a week on a refinery I have now found myself on the LG1550 for a few weeks, taking the roof of a old gas tank in st Helens down today.

Looking forward to a few weeks on the LG now, good lift here with 35m luffer on 49m main boom, 250t in the tray, good times Teeth

Enjoy
Gaz

VIPCranes
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 9:03:41 PM

Nice pics Gaz. I will be more than happy to see more refinery shots. What was the diameter of the tank.

SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/home/vipyfz2008/index

http://www.youtube.com/user/vipyfz?feature=mhee

luis.
Jack.
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 9:30:43 PM

Nice shots Gaz, saw the LG parts at a truck stop on Sunday. Was hoping it was heading to the Four Ashes job...obviously no such luck!

Heavy Cranes
samk706
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 10:05:41 PM

Great pics again mate...

Also, What's with the terex ballast on the LG tray?

Sam

Sam

My equipment picture thread

Teeth
Formu1fan
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 1:55:06 AM

I have a question for the resident Aisncough expert. I was flipping through a children's sticker book when I cam across a picture of an Ainscough crane. It looked to be an old Demag mobile with 9 axles I believe. It also had "The Boss" printed on the boom head. Was this an AC1600?

-John
Paul R
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:56:59 AM

Excellent pics Gaz, as always!

Must be a change going from the 5 to the LG?
Gaz
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:57:34 AM

samk706 wrote:
What's with the terex ballast on the LG tray?

Ballast is Ballast Sam, weighs the same Smile.

Formu1fan wrote:
I have a question for the resident Aisncough expert. I was flipping through a children's sticker book when I cam across a picture of an Ainscough crane. It looked to be an old Demag mobile with 9 axles I believe. It also had "The Boss" printed on the boom head. Was this an AC1600?

This was the old AC2000, it suffered a bit a chassis failure a few years ago and never came back into the fleet. It was the 1st version of the AC650 that latter became what we know today as the AC700. We still talk about it at work as it was a hell of a crane, when it failed we got a AC700 on loan for a few months but that left the fleet a while back and has never been replaced. LTM1750's will be here soon so we're interested to see if they will match the LEDGEND that was the Boss! Smile

Gaz

Edit. I stand corrected, The Boss was indeed a AC1600, it was replaced with the AC2000 in 2002. I'm working with a fella today who used to work on both them machines.
birdman
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 9:27:58 AM

Nice to see you "living the dream " in St Helens, how long are you there for? I might just take a run out that way, if you are still around.

Steve.
Gaz
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 1:49:11 PM

birdman wrote:
how long are you there for? I might just take a run out that way, if you are still around.

Just lifting down the roof of this gas tower now mate, few hours and we'll be boomed down and starting to pull her to peices. You'll have to be quick.

Gaz
birdman
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:26:43 PM

Thanks for the update Gaz,but will have to give it a miss, the wife wont let me go out on my own in the dark, usual end up in a pub Brahms & Liszt Teeth Teeth Teeth

Steve.
ConnorH
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:22:14 PM

Great Pictures once again! I think it was the LTM1070 4.1 but not 100% Sure. It was just a 5 hour job from what I can recall Smiley

Construction model collector.

- Connor
AlvinB
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:32:11 PM

Gaz wrote:
birdman wrote:
how long are you there for? I might just take a run out that way, if you are still around.

Just lifting down the roof of this gas tower now mate, few hours and we'll be boomed down and starting to pull her to peices. You'll have to be quick.

Gaz

Was going to ask about that. Judging by the area around the tray, not much slewing to take place on that lift?!

-Alvin.

The beatings will continue until Morale improves......
woady
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:15:29 PM

Once again I miss a big crane in the area, darn you work!!!

Jon
Manchester
My Flickr Stream
Gaz
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:58:57 PM

AlvinB wrote:
Was going to ask about that. Judging by the area around the tray, not much slewing to take place on that lift?

Just lifting it up of its supports and dropping (ok carefully lowering) into the tank where it will be munched up by some shears.

De-rigged from St Helens and traveled to the Olympic park, which has been renamed the 'Queen Elizabeth park', it is being re-developed into a new community and there lots of work to be done. Some of the big bridges are coming out, some of the longer members of the forum will remember me posting pictures of our CC2800 putting them in, the LG is starting to remove the 1st to come out. Bronzeshield have got the job but it was a bit much for there LTM1500 so they've cross hired the LG to remove the 75t beams. Few pictures after the we rigged and i'm away, got a long weekend off to pursue my other passion than cranes, Motorbikes, so of to visit the NEC motorcycle show. Enjoy and hopefully I'll be back with the LG1550 monday. If not i'll be in the yard waiting for a brand new LTM1500 to show up.

Gaz
Jack.
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:11:01 PM

Very Nice Gaz Cool The AK 912 is on its way to "QE Park" if I'm not wrong. And a Brand new LTM 1500 sounds good. Is it an addition to the fleet or replacing an older crane?

Heavy Cranes
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:28:07 PM

Awesome photos Gaz!

Enjoy the NEC, I'll be thinking of you as fly back over the Atlantic. Again Sad

Paul R
Gaz
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:18:19 PM

Few pictures of the past few days over the Christmas period, I was out rigging our LG1550, taking out a old foot bridge over the main line into Euston Stn so could only be done Christmas day and boxing day. Just having a quite evening ready to go out and de-rig the TC2800 tomorrow.

was a very tight job with very little space, was a good one to be sure!

With the rigging crane set up space was at a premium!

I remember 1st going on a LTM1095 and thought it was huge!!! time changed! Teeth

Almost stitched the boom together!

Up in the air and ready to lift

Tree was not cut far back enough so had to build a scaffold to get a guy up to chainsaw it away!

Taking up more than 1 parking space!

Last pic as I had to actually do some work instead of take pictures!!!

Enjoy
Gaz
Paul R
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:21:48 PM

Excellent set of pics mate!

Paul R
Gaz
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:26:40 PM

Oh and I almost forgot, we did get a brand new LTM1500 enter the fleet at the beginning of the month and is now out working.

Gaz