DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

my collection (collection update) **UPDATED 11/1/15** Options · View
DafgekCanada
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:12:46 PM

Groups: Member

A easy fix is to use a car wrench (the ones you buy at a hard ware store) I am not sure what size it is but this is a little bit stronger and it will prevent taking the paint off. I had the same problem with my for the LTM 11200 for Mammoet.
I hope this helps a bit.

Mammoet- Size does Matter.

Dafgek
cranedude07
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:50:20 PM

i was going to do that, and grind down the spanner so the wrench would have more grip instead of the tip. but after tightening it as much as i can with the boom extended, i pulled on the boom a little bit and the cylinders started slipping, so i really dont think they will hold up with the luffing jib on. they might hold up with just the tele boom on and no load or at a low angle. really sucks as they are a great piece and really look nice.
so ive come up with this solution, i am drilling a bunch of small holes in the cylinders, just on one side, not all the way through. so i can stick the old cylinder pins in and the weight of the boom will keep them from falling out, this way, i can set the boom at any angle without worrying if it will collapse, and since the holes are on the upper side of the cylinder, its not that noticable. i have to take them to my work tomarrow and finish drilling them with the drill press, dont want to break anymore bits, broke one but luckily got it outd'oh! . here are some pics, what do you guys think? this is the only other option i can think of that will work

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
J.Galvez
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 1:32:45 AM

Brandon. Your'e the drilling dude lol.

I don't understand why you got YCC cylinders if finally you were going to drill them. In my case, I will drill the stock cylinders. Sometime ago, Paul R post a solution for the AC 1600 cylinders (almost same case). That was putting some wood rods inside the cylinders at the measure you need.

Jose.

The proudly Mexican cookie monster!

It's a diecast thing.You couldn't understand!
Paul R
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 8:10:49 AM

J.Galvez wrote:
Brandon. Your'e the drilling dude lol.

I don't understand why you got YCC cylinders if finally you were going to drill them. In my case, I will drill the stock cylinders. Sometime ago, Paul R post a solution for the AC 1600 cylinders (almost same case). That was putting some wood rods inside the cylinders at the measure you need.

That is correct and I have used the same solution on the YCC cylinders when I had the luffing jib attached. I didn't trust the YCC cylinders to hold all the weight so I got some dowel, cut it to length and popped it inside the cylinder. Works a treat and is completely hidden and also means you don't chip the paint trying to tighten them up:

Your solution obviously works well Brandon but I don't think I could bring myself to drill holes YCC cylinders for what they cost and you end up with unsightly holes. But the one positive is that with holes, they are easily adjustable. For me this is not an issue because once I have a crane set up, I don't change it for quite a while.

Paul R
Sam-wch
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 3:45:04 PM

Thats a real pity that they still slip, I was gonna get them for my McNallys 11200 because the originals can't hold much of an angle but think ill pass now if they dont make much of a difference Confused They still look good though Brandon Teeth
cranedude07
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 7:46:19 PM

i would have put dowels in mine but i adjust mine all the time and i would have to take the crane apart/down to take them out just to adjust it, this way works well and are hardly noticable

i finally stripped the paint off my lr1280 today, got tired of seeing it sit in the corner all taken apart, now i will repaint her the right wayConfused then i will have to do the gmk7550 again, thats what i get for rushing them d'oh!

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
cranedude07
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 1:34:31 AM

got a few great models today, these were all FREE plus free shipping! so they are very well worth itWinkAni these are models that i really didnt care too much for but since there was no other models on the list i liked or wanted, and no new models were going to be added to the list, i might as well spend my RZ money, so heres what i chose...

didnt care too much about getting this tow truck but thought hey, i could haul hook blocks and slings on it i guess. it reminds me of amquip too!

got both versions, great trucks!

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
DeWoc19
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 1:40:47 AM

man i would love some free concrete trucks!!! i have always wanted some concrete trucks but never choose to spend the money on them as i think they are a bit on the steep side. How did you get the hook up though!?

if you dont care about them feel free to send one my way, i wont mind WinkAni
CAT324DL
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 1:46:16 AM

Very nice additions! Seems like everyone is stocking up on these lol

-Mike
cranedude07
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 1:49:01 AM

the trucks are very nice, but i agree, are a bit expensive.
i got these from *****, they have a rewards zone program, if you sign up, write model reviews, referr people or get referred by people, they will give you reward points. ive saved up 480 bucks worth of points, so i used them all and got these, and they have a free shipping option, which i think only works on the reward zone models, not if you buy other models. they are a twh, sword, and now nzg dealer. they always have some great sales going on.

mike- these are the only good models out of the bunch, besides the freightliner flatbeds, which i already have 3 ofConfused whish they had more better models on the list, but i have pretty much everything i want that they sell already

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
cranedude07
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:29:16 PM

finally got the ycc walkway sets for my cc8800, they add alot of detail to the model. all thats left to get for the model is the brass sheaves and the hook warning stripe decals, and maybe the metal pendants, havent decided on those yetThink

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
CAT324DL
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 10:40:17 PM

Those make the model look so much better! Great job on installing them

-Mike
laurent o.e.987
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 10:53:48 PM

How did you attach the hardware on the wagon B? Did you drill holes?
neokonig
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 11:05:04 PM

adds much character to the model, I like it. Definitely get a workout walking that distance back and forth especially on an incline. Applause

My Photostream

cranedude07
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 11:05:29 PM

Those handrails were a real pain to attatch
I drilled holes and glued them in place, but I glued each handrail together side by side after I drilled the holes, then glued the walkway on, then I glued the whole thing to the wagon. That way worked pretty good, I didn't try that on the first set, I tried to glue each handrail one at a time, didn't work so well. Overall they look great on there though

Thanks guys

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
laurent o.e.987
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 12:35:32 AM

Looks great Brandon, that length of boom makes for a killer look ... I especially liked the jack - knife shot where the luffer is still on the ground ...

cranedude07
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:43:44 PM

i was looking at my 16000 today and was not liking the windmill tip on it, i like it better with a heavy lift tip instead. so i took it down and pulled the wind tip off, and fabbed up a heavy lift tip, well not really fabbed up anyhting, just added a few sheaves, rod, and the rooster tip from an old ccm 555 boom tip section ive had forever, and added a ycc 9 sheave block, then vuala, a heavy lift tip. i think it looks great, reminds me of a 2250 nowTeeth

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
CAT324DL
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:03:15 PM

Looks awesome, great job on it! I need some more sheaves to do this to my second 16000 Teeth

-Mike
cranedude07
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 1:20:50 AM

thanks, i have a few metal sheaves i could have used but theres only like 4, which isnt enough, so since i have a s***load of plastic ones from the old conrad models, i used a bunch of them, they work great

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
CAT324DL
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 1:59:51 AM

cranedude07 wrote:
thanks, i have a few metal sheaves i could have used but theres only like 4, which isnt enough, so since i have a s***load of plastic ones from the old conrad models, i used a bunch of them, they work great

Oh, the plastic ones look pretty good. Wish I had some extra ones laying around.

-Mike