DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

my collection (collection update) **UPDATED 11/1/15** Options · View
J.Galvez
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2012 1:28:07 AM

Groups: Member

Great shots Brandon. How much taller is than the 18000? In the pics I don't see is not really that much behind the 18000. But that's me. One of my concerns on buying this model is the height. And it will be a pity to have this beast on the box.

Cheers.

Jose.

The proudly Mexican cookie monster!

It's a diecast thing.You couldn't understand!
cranedude07
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2012 5:58:16 PM

thanks guys! im really happy with it!

jose- its actually taller than you think, 2ft! if you are planning on getting one, definitely get the DS version, just looks beefier/meaner looking, like a beast! and it is!

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 8:03:11 PM

Brandon,

That is an impressive monster that dwarfs your other cranes. Bet it was fun to put together. Could you share the base measurements ? Inches or Millimeter will be fine.

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

RI CRANEMAN
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 9:28:58 PM

Congrats on getting that model!!! It really looks impressive. Nice job prepping the site for the base ring. What did you do... win the Power Ball ? Geez, you young guys are hard to keep up with!!

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you start to see every problem as a nail. Abraham Maslow
LatticeCraneMan
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 10:06:30 PM

That is a BEAST cool model !

Chet

I live in my own little world it's ok they know me here
cranedude07
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:55:12 PM

thanks guys!
the base from the outside of the spreader plates to the other is 22 inches, the ring diameter is 17 and a half inches

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 5:48:50 AM

cranedude07 wrote:
thanks guys!
the base from the outside of the spreader plates to the other is 22 inches, the ring diameter is 17 and a half inches

Thank you Brandon.

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

Myggen
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 1:57:27 PM

wow, great model, must be great fun to assemble it :D
cranedude07
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 9:41:40 PM

the 1350 finally arrived today after waiting a week and a half. to be honest, im kinda disappointed with it, not what i expectedSad ill post more in a little bit, but heres a photo of it

1350 and 1300

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
VIPCranes
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 10:16:43 PM

Come on brandond dont tell me you got some twisted parts too. Hearing this from you starts to disappoint me too. This supost to be a great model.Sad

SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/home/vipyfz2008/index

http://www.youtube.com/user/vipyfz?feature=mhee

luis.
cranedude07
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:10:51 AM

well, i hate to say this but i am disappointed with it.

-a couple sections are twisted

-the boom sections are plastic, but you cant tell unless you go up and feel it. **EDIT** they are aluminum, not plastic or diecast

-the Y-guy wings are really fiddly, alot of play with them, one of mine wont stay level when down for transport, it droops lower, like its going to fall off.

-there is no brake mechanism on the load drum, spins very easily, even with all the sheaves reeved on the block.

-the thread, is not like conrad, or nzg, it is like sewing thread and frays everywhere, kinda like twh string but worse.

-my pendants for the Y-guy arms, came with 2 short bars on them, which would make the arms go up way to far when raised, ill post a photo. so i took them off, one set of the pendants fell off as i was assembling the wing, not much holding them onto the wings!

-only comes with one load drum, the one on the counterweight tray is already reeved for the luffer, but im sure you can take it apart and use it as a whip line, as the model comes with a small AUX tip over the main head for a whip line.

-minor paint chips or marks here and there

-and where the grey paint meets the yellow on the boom sections, you can feel the transition, probably where the boom casts join together.

but other than those things, its nice. alot of detail but all this excitement and hype for the model and its a let down. still a nice addition to the collection, but just not a great model, dont know if i will get the mammoet version or not now Think

heres the "extra pendants" that was attached, that i took off

these 2 holes didnt line up

twisted sections

the Y-guy pendants that broke off, you can see not much holding them

tip section didnt line up

the worst one, the bigger 20ft section, cant line these up at all!

all together minus 2-ft section, it starts bowing to the right slightly

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
LatticeCraneMan
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:38:43 AM

Use a small c-clamp with tape on the innner side to slowly draw the lattice sections together overdraw it a liittle my Liebher 1280 was like that but now they line up.Leave over night pinned if necessary.

Chet

I live in my own little world it's ok they know me here
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:00:54 AM

I'm actually saddened to read this. As you all know, I'm a big WSI fan but these issues with twisted lattice sections seem more common than I'd hoped. It just keeps reminding me of the TWH 18000, which also had the free rolling drums Sad

Paul R
Jack.
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:26:35 AM

It still looks awesome in my opinion. Very nice pictures Brandon. Maybe WSI will sort the problems with the next run of models?

Heavy Cranes
eef7260
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:52:59 AM

Send it back to where you bought it from , it's from the first batch.
At the moment the model is not available any more trough the liebherr shop also.
And some european dealers stopped selling it , i think there is a quality issue that need to be solved.
Very nice model but wait till WSI has solved the problems.
Lot's of discussion on some european forums as well.
You are not the only one with these problems.

Eef

***Flickr American cranes group***3D printed crane parts at Shapeways***3D printed crane parts at I.materialise

favco500
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:19:52 AM

I am also saddened to hear these problems,PLASTIC BOOM SECTIONS?reminds me of TWH groves at least the boom sections are metal just the boom tips
are plastic,which didn't impress me,now plastic boom sections,makes you wonder if they will take the strain of the full luffer that's coming.
All I can say is so much for WSI QC that they are so proud of,at least they do offer a good replacement policy for defective parts,but this problem seems to be over the top,has to make you wonder,hope the mammoet version doesn't suffer the same problems,Steve.
DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:38:51 PM

wow, this thing sounds horrible..... what a shame as it looked like a really nice model..... until we hear that these issues have been resolved i would say for me this model is a pretty easy "PASS"
Paul
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:34:27 PM

I simply wouldn't accept that model Brandon and my advice is re-box it now and send it back.

Then if you still want one get a later version when they've sorted these problems out.

Plastic boom sections!!.

Come on WSI, between too many damaged truck models, poor packaging and now this you're rapidly slipping.....

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

transtechnic
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:41:36 PM

Brandon great pics and quick detail comments,BUT are you talking about tele sections or lattice sections in question are plastic??Sad ..i'm used to small detail issues with the trucks,i think this is a retrograde step if true for WSI?

I was hoping WSI would use this medium sized mobile model as a spring board for LTM'S 1500,1750...attention to detail being the obvious selling point..i dont belive this will be fixed or revisedWhistle ..cost of production now biting home..and this with ongoing QC niggles..

Wont be adding luffer as for the reasons favco alluded to!!!...
Thanks BrandonSmile

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
Newcrane
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:07:18 PM

I too am dismayed of hearing these deficiencies of this model. My first two WSI truck cranes (Faun HK-70 & LTF1060) were of very high quality and was looking to add this to my collection sometimes next year. The problems maybe due to rushing the first production batch to the market. I agree with other about sending it back and wait for the problems to get sorted out.