DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
Remko
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:38:41 PM

Groups: Member

I have to say, I wasn't interested in this model, the livery just doesn't speak to me.

However, then I learned Wiesbauer yellow is the same as Liebherr yellow, or RAL 1007, and since I've got quite a few models in that livery...

Graham, if you have one of the Liebherr models from WSI like the LTM 11200 boom transporter, or the ballasttrailer, could you compare them for me? I've got an idea for the crane and a Liebherr Mercedes Actros cab on a special chassis.Think Think

Remko

Ocean Traders Scale Models Facebook Group
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:44:58 PM

Hi Remko,would you mind if I waited til the weekend to get a pic out in the day light,I don't get home til about 6.30pm and coupled with the obligatory crap Irish weather lighting is a problem,

I can compare it to a WSI Franz Bracht MP3,bracht is RAL1007 also

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Remko
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:53:33 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
Hi Remko,would you mind if I waited til the weekend to get a pic out in the day light,I don't get home til about 6.30pm and coupled with the obligatory crap Irish weather lighting is a problem,

I can compare it to a WSI Franz Bracht MP3,bracht is RAL1007 also

No problem Graham. Whenever you have the time.Cool

Remko

Homer
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:28:34 PM

Very tasty Graham, its a supermodel, bordering on Naomi Campbell or Helena Christiansen territiory!! Drool Drool

Your getting the wiesbauer bug, I can tell you from experience that its a very addictive bug to get. Mine arrived today too they must've been on the same plane to Ireland. Smile It'll definetly be in my top 3 models for this year!

Noel.
GC1
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 7:10:20 PM

Best pics of this one yet...I have one on order but its a bit further to get here...thanks Graham.

That sill needs some downlights, I mean to say (as pointed out by Gus)it is becoming famous and should have the appropriate standard of lighting....you did say it was dark there earlier.Teeth Teeth Teeth
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 7:15:22 PM

I might get to hire this guy Charlie Sheen to add some "class" to the sill lol,

This could be one of the last pics from the sill,as I'm working on aquiring a sil of my very own(with house attached)

The next sill I will take to the next level,literally Wink Teeth Teeth

Gary,its also not too far Weissbrau either,I like weissbrau Drool Drool

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Paul R
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 5:22:23 AM

Hmmm. Does look tasty. I had the opportunity at the weekend to buy this model but didn't. Starting to wish that I had now.

Paul R
dain555
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 2:15:11 PM

Nice truck Graham, makes me wish I had the Denaro, Euros, Pesos, Dollars or what ever to get one.

But as we are on a limited budget right now and food prices going up as gas comes down some it is hard to save up.

As we ALL know the bills come first to be able to have a place to keep our models dry, food comes second so we have the strength to move them around (we all know some of those cranes are heavy as are those Locos) and what ever is left is used on things like transportation to the store, doctors and such.

Anyways, that is a very sharp looking piece and I am growing on those things.

I saw a Mack Granite the other day that had a HIAB on it and therehave been all sorts of boom trucks running around here lately!!

Can't wait to see the NEW sill and here the new and improved "Tales from the Sill"!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
GusO
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 2:46:07 PM

gbarnewall wrote:

This could be one of the last pics from the sill,as I'm working on aquiring a sil of my very own(with house attached)

ha ha very good, got mine this morning fantastic model soon as i get the sprogs fed and off to hurling training ill have a good play with itTeeth
GusO
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 2:47:58 PM

GusO wrote:
gbarnewall wrote:

ha ha very good, got mine this morning fantastic model soon as i get the sprogs fed and off to hurling training ill have a good play with itTeeth

before anyone says anything the model im talking aboutWhistle
Remko
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:08:54 PM

I ordered the model just this evening. It won't stay in Wiesbauer livery though, I've got a special plan for it. The donor chassis is already waiting. Just have to see how the crane fits on the model. Might have to change a thing or two. All I can say, it's gonna be big, and inspired by a very large Swiss truck.

Remko

Homer
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:12:37 PM

GusO wrote:
GusO wrote:
gbarnewall wrote:

before anyone says anything the model im talking aboutWhistle

Yeah yeah sure gus, "the model", whatever you say!!! Liar Liar Liar Teeth

Noel.
Remko
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:27:34 PM

Homer wrote:
Yeah yeah sure gus, "the model", whatever you say!!! Liar Liar Liar Teeth

Well, I'm sure Gus is talking about a true "scale model". I.e. a smaller version of "real equipment" Cool Teeth

Remko

GusO
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2011 9:34:38 AM

Are we invited up to the opening of the new window sillTeeth ill cut the ribbon.
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 8:25:30 PM

GusO wrote:
Are we invited up to the opening of the new window sillTeeth ill cut the ribbon.

You will have to wear tight clothes,no pockets or head wear either,I'm having the optional metal detectors installed around all doors and opening windows lol

Well this puppy arrived during the week,I decided to get it home,out of the box and snap some pics,just to see what it is like as a load,its a superb piece of kit,metal build,and would look fantastic bound,gagged and slung from a crane or two

Some great rivoting detail

cranedude07
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 8:53:42 PM

That looks very nice Graham!

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Robert Heuston
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 9:47:19 PM

Looks good, what sort of weight is in it?
Sam-wch
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 11:55:07 AM

Nice load Graham Teeth where did you pick it up?? I'd love something like that to hang out of a couple of cranes Cool
dain555
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 3:14:37 PM

Sweet load Graham!!!

Uh I'd hold your open house as a zero clothing party so the only way someone could sneak something out would also make them walk funny!!!!Whistle Whistle d'oh! d'oh! Think Think

So is that an 'O' Scale bridge piece or an 'HO' Scale bridge???

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
JSW57
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 6:31:01 PM

Quote: Well this puppy arrived during the week,I decided to get it home,out of the box and snap some pics,just to see what it is like as a load,its a superb piece of kit,metal build,and would look fantastic bound,gagged and slung from a crane or two

I totally agree with you, it would make a fantastic crane loadWink Where did you get it?

Jeff